Reason why Blizzard lowered rating?

Arenas
You can now collect the full elite set at 1800 rating? Was 2k rating requirement too high last xpac or do they just want more people to be able to get it? I remember now too long ago elite sets were 2200 or 2400?
In legion rating was generally deflated d/t not as many ppl playing and shorter seasons. Like 2200 was duelist, when its generally around 2300-2400.

But I think they did it because they want to encourage more participation. 1800 is a lot more obtainable for more people.
people complained there were no rewards for anyone under duelist so they moved everything like 200 points down

glad was moved 200 something points down
enchant was returned to 2200 down from the last 5 years of 2400
elite set was moved from 2k to 1800 (originally 2200)

some elite pieces are earned at like 1400 / 1600 even

it's supposed to consistently reward you as you climb to make you wanna keep climbing

they should have added more rewards not re arranged the same ones we had
when the game was fun people played literally to play
now they practically have to pay you with rewards to wanna q
you can also eventually get the full elite set with 0 rating from warfronts... lol
2k wasn't even duelist.... people whined, pvp died

Why get better when you can drag others down to your level?
10/13/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Veliina
In legion rating was generally deflated d/t not as many ppl playing and shorter seasons. Like 2200 was duelist, when its generally around 2300-2400.

this actually isnt even true at all
even a little??
i personally love that you posted an assumption assuming it made sense and then 3 people bought your false confidence

mop -> (fairly early mop) s14 duelist was 2023
mop -> (end mop)s15 was the most active season in recent history (450k?) 2270

wod s1 (early wod) 2167 duelist
wod s2 wasnt much higher
wod s3 (end wod) was the second most active season in recent history (300k) 2250

legion s1 (early legion) 2069 duelist (70k participation iirc could be wrong)
legion s2 2170
legion s3 2185

by legion s7 duelist was 2250 (150k? participation afaik)
just like

every

other

xpac (after teams and battlegroups)

it's all about inflation over anything with mmr rolling over as each season progresses people get to 3k quicker and quicker expanding the ladder and raising the bar on all titles
this 7 layer mmr rollover is what keeps inflation similar even with participation being cut into a third

(source: https://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-title-cutoffs/archive/s14)

it was literally just to space out rewards
encouraging participation to people who typically wouldnt q by making the reward easier to obtain
i spent the last few weeks of legion doing back to back to back 2k selfplays for gold
i had no idea so many people were intimidated by 2k and all of them were willing to pay between 400-800k gold for it
the wall ig is huge for a majority of the playerbase
so they feel that if it's 1800 more people will attempt it and it'll increase ladder participation
I honestly feel like the 1800-2000 push was much harder this season than the past. Maybe it's because I'm not playing melee like I always have... Who knows? Running into a lot of glads at 2.2ish MMR is really strange.
Still need 2100 to collect the cape that adds to complete set to appearance tab. I dunno about you but I’m not manually fishing for a set piece by piece...
10/13/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Dîconius
I honestly feel like the 1800-2000 push was much harder this season than the past. Maybe it's because I'm not playing melee like I always have... Who knows? Running into a lot of glads at 2.2ish MMR is really strange.

I feel like this was the easiest early expac season to get rating ever tbh. It felt like there was no deflation like in past early expac seasons.

My tinfoil cap theory is that since they reworked how all titles work aside from R1, they realized people would probably be pretty upset that people lost their legion season 7 titles so quickly. As such, they wanted players to be able to quickly regain the titles they lost so as to help people ease into the new title system with minimal backlash.
Remember WotLK where we had a gear and rating system that encouraged people to play and improve at any rating? The one that kept ladders quite active — instead of perilously stagnant — because there were rewards every ~50-100 rating?

Blizzard doesn't remember.
Most people who played in Wrath sucked and don't actually remember the expansion.
10/13/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Scary
so they feel that if it's 1800 more people will attempt it and it'll increase ladder participation

bloody well right

legion:
2k elite set
2.2k tabard
2.4k enchant

bfa:
1.8k elite set
2.1k enchant
2.2k tabard(?)

they're just making it more accessible for the majority of their playerbase
thus increasing ladder participation