Asmongold has a point.. That some can agree with. (Isn't a new Issue)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Noooo, please do not tell blizzard to watch asmongold's video, tell blizzard to watch Preach's or Bellular's critical WoW videos. They'll get far more information out of them with less trashy streamer rage sessions.
well if they are going to go full stupid (full diablo 3)with warforging and titanforge let's get a kanai cube to upgrade rare to epic.
10/14/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Mcalison
Casuals have been complaining that they can't get higher level gear unless they lose their casual attitude and move up to Mythic Raiders.

Mythic Raiders now complain that Casuals can get better ilvl gear based on luck.

Moral of the story; stop complaining, and stop pretending like your complaining is important. It's not.

Honestly, there were four expansions without this mechanic in place and no one was complaining about not getting "lucky" your skill represented your item level and gear. LFR and the introduction of Mythic + is where casuals can get higher level gear without having that much time dedication involved. Honestly I'm a casual or a little more than a casual and I can feel comfortable saying that I will probably never run a Mythic raid and that's okay because I can acquire good gear from Mythic plus dungeons or PVP. It's the fact that being lucky to get a higher item level based on RNG is causing all the issues.
10/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Woodspath
- Multitudes of players express a certain sentiment...
meh...

- Well known streamer expresses same sentiment...
omg, my mind is blown, just blown, so blown, I agree so much and have been feeling the exact same way!

It's sort of like when a common person says something very sensible or thought provoking, etc., no one notices or cares. Take the same sentiment though and enclose it in quotation marks while adding some well known person's name as the author, and suddenly people are astounded with the wisdom.

[quote]We humans are silly creatures.
~Woodspath

Well in Asmongold's case him showing wisdom is an astounding thing.

( See Breth I made a funny. I should have said I have a very dry sense of humor. Lol.)
This old news. Nothing special about having that opinion. Blizzard has explained over and over again is this mechanic is all about providing additional gear progression.
10/14/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Portishead
A good portion of his stream is sarcasm and an act so obviously no one agrees with him 100% of the time... Notice the difference in his demeanor when he makes a serious video vs playing a character on stream. Some people unfortunately are unable to pick up on humor and judge him harshly due to their own ineptitude.

This is legit the WoW version of that "Nothing personnel kid" Rick and Morty intellectual post.

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Asmongold..."
WoW is hardly even a Shell of its former self, the game is just trash now...
Agree with a lot in that video.

#PathfinderSucks
10/14/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Kaath
This old news. Nothing special about having that opinion. Blizzard has explained over and over again is this mechanic is all about providing additional gear progression.

If this just gets accepted and swept under the rug nothing will change. If it's still being talked about and people aren't happy with it things are more likely to change rather than being forgotten about and just accept it as the norm.
Why are you promoting him?

Don't pretend like you actually care what he thinks.
10/14/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Siennagosa
Noooo, please do not tell blizzard to watch asmongold's video, tell blizzard to watch Preach's or Bellular's critical WoW videos. They'll get far more information out of them with less trashy streamer rage sessions.

Preach and Bellular have videos that are incredibly long for the amount of content they give you

Which is basically just either reading patch notes or repeating the same few words over and over until the video length is padded out enough.
Not like Blizzard watches videos anyway.
Just make item titanforge to a certain cap and the cap should be mythic raid ilvl.
10/14/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Inviscerate
Why are you promoting him?

Don't pretend like you actually care what he thinks.

Im absolutely not promoting him, he does that enough on his own without me posting his name. I rarely watch his videos I stumbled upon this and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way and he happened to feel the same way as do many players. Players have felt this way since Mists.
10/14/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Qyjin
10/14/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Treeba
They are just trying to do too much with gear. I'm tired of finally getting the item I want and being pissed off it didn't 'forge/socket/tertiary stat.

I couldnt agree more. Seriously getting an item and not being able to feel good about getting it because it didn't roll up is poor design.

warforging and the like are a bonus not the standard.
I like warforging/titanforging.

Once upon a time absolutely forever ago back when Blackwing Lair had come out, our main tank had been fully geared from Molten Core for quite a while and needed nothing from that raid. He was furious that he had to keep running it to gear up the rest of the guild. He would scream that we were wasting his time. And he eventually quit and moved to a guild that was doing content he could be rewarded from.

Now that's an old story, but I've always thought that was part of WHY we have warforging. So people could still get lucky and find rewards while doing content they didn't need anymore... to not consider helping their own guild catch up to them to be a waste of time.

The other side of it is letting people who only intend to do that smaller scale content still get lucky and find greater rewards than they were expecting.

In theory this should absolutely by win-win, with no downside in the slightest.

But between not being able to Min/Max effectively or having clear BiS gear, and others getting rewards they don't "deserve" both those wins are getting treated as losses by a group of people.

Personally, I think that attitude is the only "problem" with warforging. But that's just the opinion of one of the small scale content people.
10/14/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Dragtuslivz
Who is Asmongold?

The Sylvanas of the forums. I don't get it, but whatever.
He complains about FARMING for titanforged items and not getting them?

Gonna complain about not winning the lottery also? Neckb3ard.
his main points:

1. RNG on titanforges feels more like gambling than earned from skill. not fulfilling game play.

2. Blizzard devs need to have a separate forum on this website where only
serious constructive feedback is shared with the devs and the devs actually read it and perhaps respond.

3. lack of fulfillment is leading to apathy and without the large amount of other fun things to do that legion had, it feels like any victory is a hollow victory cause it's all just RNG chance.

4. the GCD change has caused classes to feel clunky and non-fluid

5. added trash in mythics, combined with clunkiness of GCD, has made
for a less than fun experience, primarily because the overabundance of trash is highlighting how bad the GCD feels for character fluidity

6. as a result, it feels like you're going backwards in character ability. not advancing but getting worse.
so some useless streamer youtuber makes a video parroting things people have already been saying...for like months, maybe years.

colour me surprised.
love how when someone like asmongold makes a point (that i completely agree with btw) everyone loses their minds. C'mon, he's not the only one that feels this way. If anyone else posted about this people would be like "meh, ight bro".