Asmongold has a point.. That some can agree with. (Isn't a new Issue)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
10/14/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Sorrie
he's too weaksauce to face RNG.
Hahaha what?

Edit: No seriously, what? Too weaksauce to face RNG. TF does that even mean? How do you face RNG? It's RNG, you just pray that you get your titanforged sockets armor with your wanted stats, you don't "face" it.
You know a lot of what he is saying is sour grapes of an elitist. He wants to be a god among men and that casuals and late comers shouldnt have the gear he has, or have a catch up mechanic. No offense but thats not the issue thats wrong with BfA.

Ill say it right now titan forging isnt the issue, its just a lucky bonus you may get. The players have made it an issue because of jealousy, and the weight they put on themselves to try and farm it. Just stop if you go in to anything in life expecting to get more than whats listed you are going to be disappointed. TF is nothing more than a luck roll of the dice. Expect whats listed and nothing more, you will have less stress over it.

Azerite armor is a mistake i give people that. I dont like it i dont think many do. Its trying to fill the void left by artifact weapons, and it falls short. They should have never placed it in the game. But i get they did it to give us something to farm. Well personally i would rather farm the old way getting gear from drops in raids and quests and rares. The point is after legion they were hard pressed to improve on artifacts. I mean wow my god here we had these ultimate weapons that nothing could compare to, they felt they had to put a system in equal to that.

But you cant equal artifacts they were a one time deal and should have either been expanded on in BfA or just let go. Azerite armor is no equal to the god mode weapons of legion. I would prefer just normal gearing back in this xpack instead of trying to make azerite armor the new artifacts.

PvP vendors and gearing, i have always liked the old system of pvp gearing, he is right that the surprise dont know what you are getting gear system sucks. Players want to build their toons up by choosing what to get each week. At least i know i do.

Classes work but are they fun? Some are some arent. I think stripping down the specs was a mistake, yes its easy to play anything. But people like to see a nice toolkit to work with. I think they could have handled the classes a bit better, by not stripping them down so much. But this has been ongoing since cata, and i have said so for years.

IEs arent as bad as people make them out to be. The reason they feel that way ties back to azerite armor. People feel they are mandatory in order to fill up that azerite bar. When if they had done away with the azerite gear system IEs could have been a fun little side adventure to do at your leisure. Plunder islands for a chance at loot, im cool with that.

Warfronts, now outside of the fiasco in the beginning warfronts are not bad. yes they take a while to rotate and i would have put the rotation at 2 weeks. But we are getting more of them and will have to see how they play out as in timing. Will there always be a warfront up for each faction once the others are released? Prob so that will actually be good.

I cant even begin to profess the amount of hate i have for the GCD changes. Its like they wanted to slow combat down, and make it clunky. I have always loved fast freeflow combat in wow. This change is one of the worst to me, and i get they said it was to prevent burst macros etc. But you could have done that without ruing the flow of combat. Just make it so you cant string everything into a macro, and leave the GCD alone.

I believe we should farm war resources and rep, but the azerite system blows. I would have said goodbye to legion and our artifacts and gone back to the basic principles of gearing, drops from raids questing rares storyline events. Gear that has those secondaries on it that people miss. And in order to offset the loss of artifacts, we should have gotten a new talent row at 120, and had some abilities and spells added back to our classes. Not stuff tied to azerite armor.

Im not hating on blizzard i love wow and really do appreciate all the developers do. I think it all sounded great on paper, but in real time it just dont pan out that great. I know they want to keep us playing but these systems that make you grind out not even gear so much as a resource to improve that gear, just dont live up to legion artifact system. That was a once in a lifetime deal and even though you grinded artifact power by god you had such a good return on that investment with artifacts.

Best to have not tried a copy system using gear, and just went back to the way we used to gear up.
10/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Iskandi

I believe we should farm war resources and rep, but the azerite system blows. I would have said goodbye to legion and our artifacts and gone back to the basic principles of gearing, drops from raids questing rares storyline events. Gear that has those secondaries on it that people miss. And in order to offset the loss of artifacts, we should have gotten a new talent row at 120, and had some abilities and spells added back to our classes. Not stuff tied to azerite armor.

This is a great solution, a new talent row is a simple and easy fix
I’m no fan of asmogold. However, he isn’t wrong. RNG never feels good and it has become the cornerstone of bfa.
The devs seem to have this idea that they never want you to feel that you have your BiS and are now finished gearing that character. I don't like that because I like the feeling that I'm finished with that character. It's not "fun" to feel like it's an endless grind for a miniscule chance at an upgrade.

Slot machines are a good way for me to lose interest. It gets to the point that I'm just like "why bother" and go off and do something else earlier than I would have if I felt my goal was within reach - something that is a guaranteed reward, such as valor gear, not a slot machine.

I don't play much Diablo 3 other than leveling because once you hit level cap it's little more than a loot slot machine.

There are some forms of RNG I can live with like boss drops in dungeons and raids (they've always been random), but the warforged/titanforged mechanic goes too far.

Emissary chests I'd rather have replaced with something like a currency you can use to purchase items. Legion emissary caches aren't "fun" - it's like "ok what garbage did I get this time?" I just do the emissary for the 1500 rep and once I get exalted I doubt that I'll bother for paragon chests.
I guess to a degree I do miss being able to actively participate in achieving a improved item. Whether it be badges or tokens. Hell rep would atleast have an end point. RNG just feels bad.
10/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Iskandi
You know a lot of what he is saying is sour grapes of an elitist

Says the guy the agreed with a lot of points he made.
I'm not too fond of Asmongold but he spits hot truth for 40 minutes in that video.

Fanboys will just claim all his points are invalid because he's a youtuber/streamer. It's sad.
10/14/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Treeba
They are just trying to do too much with gear. I'm tired of finally getting the item I want and being pissed off it didn't 'forge/socket/tertiary stat.

the BIS item is the item it self.. you don't have to hope for it to forge to 390+

If you are a mythic raider and you got it as 385+ then stop worrying. that's it..

Gear will get replaced, and will be irrlevent next patch.. I will never understand why people are so stressed with TF/WF or what others are gettnig.
10/14/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Edisbelee
They are just trying to do too much with gear. I'm tired of finally getting the item I want and being pissed off it didn't 'forge/socket/tertiary stat.

the BIS item is the item it self.. you don't have to hope for it to forge to 390+

If you are a mythic raider and you got it as 385+ then stop worrying. that's it..

Gear will get replaced, and will be irrlevent next patch.. I will never understand why people are so stressed with TF/WF or what others are gettnig.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole warfront thing, like just move out, it doesnt matter, there more important things like class balance to talk about.

This. It's disgusting and super demotivating.
10/14/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Menacet
WOW! It almost like he said what people have been saying since MoP in regards to gear rolling higher!

Of course the Devs like a slot machine model. They do it because it works.

I feel like we've reached a breaking point on that, though. I'm pretty sick of it and I'm struggling to find reasons to play the game.
Conspiracy theory, Blizzard have been shifting more and more of diablo 3 game systems into wow so they can eventually transition diablo into their new MMO and WoW into their ARPG xD
10/14/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Qyjin
Honestly, there were four expansions without this mechanic in place and no one was complaining about not getting "lucky"

Because the game was different.

Do you think like 2004 WoW gameplay/style is the same as 2018?

Lol.. the generation is different, we are old.

In Vanilla/BC only few people did Raid. the majorities were just goofing around with Wpvp and dungeons or low level raids like Grulls/mags in BC.

Only few saw sunwell/black temple..

nobody complain because there was content.. people used to like the World/Pvp .. unlike now.
The thing is, if they make gear “rare” again then they have two choices; make raids and M+ easier, or try to justify the expenditure for creating those systems when only a small percentage of players experience them.
I don’t know what the answer is to that one, but I do know that 99% of players are not in the top 1%.
Spreadsheet gaming and min/max is the problem if we want to tell the truth.

Automated algorithms that focus on maximum capability instead of just doing it old school and figuring it out on your own. Who cares if its not titan-forged? Does the +3 to whatever make your game less enjoyable?

There are other issues like Azerite Armor which pales in comparison to our weapons we had in Legion that is the real problem. We felt more connected to our characters in Legion b/c of the story attached to them.

Even the random legendary system gave me something to look forward to knowing if I did regular play in game I had a chance to get a Legendary.

So yes these points many have made, but the air got taken out of our balloon b/c our characters felt way more powerful at level 101 than at 120.

The abilities our artifact weapons had added depth to our characters and plain ole fun. This amulet we have seems pretty worthless actually when we compare it to our weapons which were of Legend.
even Tradechat

What in Gods name is it with those tattoos...UGH....
Asmongold is 100% correct in his video.
Oh, Asmongold. The guy who says there isn't any feeling of reward anymore. Perhaps he should stop having people open trade and give him free easy gold, xmog, mounts and so much more.

Take away everything people gave him and he's less than most.
Don't make us sit through a 30-minute video by some rando. Just tell us what you're whining about.