why WQs giving low ilvl?

General Discussion
on my ilvl 360 toons i keep seeing ilvl 320/330 items

i thought wq was supposed to scale up?
Hopefully they never scale up beyond 320. I miss the days where welfare gear wasn't around every corner.
10/15/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Flipin

They aren't doing that so far in BfA - it is one reason so many people are unhappy. There is no point at all to do WQs once you get the rep and there isn't much point in doing them even before then for the amount of time some of them take.
10/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Smadinker
Hopefully they never scale up beyond 320. I miss the days where welfare gear wasn't around every corner.

But it is okay to take 2 minutes to kill a WB for 355/370+ gear - mkay. Inconsistency all over the place with some of you guys.
10/15/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Amine

But it is okay to take 2 minutes to kill a WB for 355/370+ gear - mkay. Inconsistency all over the place with some of you guys.

If you search through my post history you won't find where I said anything about that being okay.
10/15/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Amine
10/15/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Flipin

They aren't doing that so far in BfA - it is one reason so many people are unhappy. There is no point at all to do WQs once you get the rep and there isn't much point in doing them even before then for the amount of time some of them take.

They do scale up, it just stops around 330. Why anyone would expect it to get to raid quality is beyond me.

Gear from a WB isn’t guaranteed. You can try for the 355 gear once per week and the 370 gear roughly once per month.

This is in comparison to spending 2 minutes doing a world quest with a guaranteed 355 piece and having 8 of them up on the map at once.
Didn't Ion mention something about them thinking about making an emissary quest for 370 gear? Let's hope so. At least give me some freaking toys or pets to collect from them, something, anything.

Except:
1) Weekly lockout.
2) Can only be done once.
3) Not a guaranteed piece of gear.

Whereas the 320-330 WQ gear is repeatable and refreshes everyday. So no we're not inconsistent, your logic is the only thing all over the place here. The WQ gear is there to help players get up to "Heroic Dungeon" level so they can start Mythic Dungeons. It was never intended to make you "raid ready".
10/15/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Magic
10/15/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Amine

They do scale up, it just stops around 330. Why anyone would expect it to get to raid quality is beyond me.

330 is raid numbers already ?
10/15/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Sím

Except:
1) Weekly lockout.

Whereas the 320-330 WQ gear is repeatable and refreshes everyday. So no we're not inconsistent, your logic is the only thing all over the place here. The WQ gear is there to help players get up to "Heroic Dungeon" level so they can start Mythic Dungeons. It was never intended to make you "raid ready".

They called them 'welfare' loot - world bosses take less effort in some cases.
10/15/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Amine
10/15/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Magic

330 is raid numbers already ?

No, raid drops are 355+
This is the exact same way it was in legion. WQs scale up to an ilvl cap (~330, depending on the WQ) as a way to catch you up to around mythic dungeon/LFR ready.

WQs have never been intended to be anything but a freshly maxed character progression model. This means every new tier that comes out WQs will scale up to a new max ilvl (as dungeons/raid ilvls move up).

If you are looking to get past mythic dungeon/current lfr ilvls with WQs then you are in for a long grind for TFs because that isn't what they are for.

What is "welfare gear?"
They scale within a range.

Even in Legion, WQ gear had an upper limit to the base ilvl which was well below the max for the current tier.

What Bliz did was up the WQ ilvl limit usually with the big content patches (but never making it on par with the max at the time). By the end of legion, the WQ ilvl was higher than where it started.

I can't imagine they won't follow that same model in BFA. We just have to wait for the periodic jumps to arrive.
10/15/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Twistinfate
This is the exact same way it was in legion. WQs scale up to an ilvl cap (~330, depending on the WQ) as a way to catch you up to around mythic dungeon/LFR ready.

WQs have never been intended to be anything but a freshly maxed character progression model. This means every new tier that comes out WQs will scale up to a new max ilvl (as dungeons/raid ilvls move up).

If you are looking to get past mythic dungeon/current lfr ilvls with WQs then you are in for a long grind for TFs because that isn't what they are for.

Except in Legion we still did WQ's to try for Legendaries. That's not the case anymore.

There needs to be some incentive for all toons to do WQ's and right now there isn't. The Gold and Azerite Power are low. The Rep (other than 7th Legion/Honorbound) is nearly useless past Revered. The item rewards are Expulsom fodder or like playing the slots in Vegas for Titanforged.

It would be nice if ALL gear from the Emissary rewards scaled at the very least.
10/15/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Zootzoot
There needs to be some incentive for all toons to do WQ's and right now there isn't. The Gold and Azerite Power are low. The Rep (other than 7th Legion/Honorbound) is nearly useless past Revered. The item rewards are Expulsom fodder or like playing the slots in Vegas for Titanforged.

Why does there need to be an incentive to do outgeared content on your main? First off, you could get legendaries from emissary completions, something already worth doing in BfA. You could not get legendaries from random WQs that gave gear. The only reason to do it was exactly why you would do it now. Catching up on gear, praying for WF/TF, or for DE mats. Heck you can even destroy them as any profession now for mats. If anything there is more incentive to keep doing the random gear WQs now then there was in legion.

It's not welfare gear, it is end game content for some people. Not everyone raids nor should they have to. WoW should and does have multiple paths to have a 'decent (or read that as playable)' ilvl, being M+ing, raiding, WQing, AHing heck even pet battling or crafting.
Not everyone does all and those who do the most difficult have the best ilvl (M+ and raiding).

This elitist attitude needs to stop, be thankful that people enjoy the same game you do because more numbers means more content and things to enjoy, and we don't have to all enjoy all of those things all the time.
10/15/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Amine
10/15/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Sím

Except:
1) Weekly lockout.

They called them 'welfare' loot - world bosses take less effort in some cases.
Do you completely ignore the part that it's a chance at an item drop once every week and not guaranteed rewards for a WQ?

You also know that the WB doesn't reward the gear for completing the quest, right? It rewards AP/War Resources/Gold - the boss itself (since it's considered a raid boss), provides raid-style loot.