WoW has abandoned RPG

General Discussion
10/16/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Deklend
10/16/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Eyrinjia

The 1.7 million thing has been debunked (and not by Blizzard, either, so calm your jets).

Saying something without showing proof isn't debunking.

Companies don't go into full meltdown mode deleting posts and taking down their forums completely for fake or untrue information. Debunking would be Blizzard saying "That's not it, here are the actual numbers", not running full on damage control and continueing to refuse to do so.

And no, I don't want to see this game die. At all. I love WoW and the game has the potential for a comeback...if it's put into the hands of someone who can manage it and actually understands their playerbase.

The original author of that claim even said it was false. People like you jump to anything fake that supports your agenda and continue to make ridiculous claims like “Blizzard could fix this if they show us the numbers.” Do you understand how dumb that is? If I make the claim you donate to malicious organizations are you going to produce your bank statements online to prove us wrong
10/16/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Deklend
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Do you sincerely believe that over half of the playerbase uses the WeakAuras add on?

Do YOU sincerely believe Blizzard went on a forum purge for "fake news"?

Um, you know several services of bnet were down right? Not just the Wor forums. Take your tinfoil hat off bruh.
It doesn't matter if the subs were 3 million or 8 million, the current iteration of WoW isn't good.

OP is exactly right, they have abandoned the RPG aspects of this game.
10/16/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Ryneon
In reality, I wish they would abandon this loot RNG trash-heap.
I think we'll always have those RNG elements but I also think they should reduce it to give us more control of our character stats which is very fundamental to RPG.

To the main topic of the thread, I also feel that the reduction of RPG elements has made the game less enjoyable for me
10/16/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Erolia
10/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Waltar
BFA 1.7 million Wotlk 12 million

Closer to 11.7 million in BFA than 1.7.

The 1.7 thing was fake.

You truly think that many p[layers are left? We didn't recover that much from WoD and Legion combined. I know we're short on subs maybe floating around 5-6 mil or even 4. We did not recover for the fact nothing truly changed and too many negative reviews combined since WoD. Future patches have to be good in order to make players play more and developers really have to get their crap together on what players been demanding for long.

I'm still waiting on my worgen model to be reverted back to alpha since Cataclysm and how many years have that been with breadcrumbs responses?
10/16/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Brutalistica
I'm still waiting on my worgen model to be reverted back to alpha since Cataclysm and how many years have that been with breadcrumbs responses?

>With the amount of dev they hire, yet they still can't fix worgen model.

oh no no no no...
10/16/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Azreluna
10/16/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Dragtuslivz
This.

Until blizzard gives real numbers the 1.7m subs will be taken as truth.

So why is it when you make a claim, it's accepted as gospel, and when the same person says it was incorrect, he's ignored and only an official response is good enough?

I don't know or care if the number is true or not but when there is no other information provided inaccurate or false information will be accepted since there is no other option.

Blizzard will have to give sub numbers if they want the 1.7m to go away. It's just human nature.
If its not tabletop, its not RPG.
10/16/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Gorthraw
The original author of that claim even said it was false. People like you jump to anything fake that supports your agenda and continue to make ridiculous claims like “Blizzard could fix this if they show us the numbers.”

I wouldn't call the WeakAuras Dev the official author to be honest. He can't even back his own claim and story. The story goes that he had seen a post on Ownedcore claiming a way to obtain the subscription count from the Blizzard developer website API. The flaw in his story is that he can't prove that it was on Ownedcore, he has no screenshot, there's no URL to claim it, and says it was in a, "subscriber only" area and was deleted.

His story goes on to say that he tested said method to get subscriber count and got the number 1.7 million and was shocked himself because if that were true, it'd mean that half the population uses WeakAuras addon. He tweeted out this, in separate tweets as he had reached the letter count, and had a disclaimer that it might not be accurate.

An Ownedcore staff member had came out not too long after claiming there was no such thread on the website about a way to get subscription count. There was nothing deleted and no post to begin with. The question then is, if it wasn't on Ownedcore like the WeakAuras Dev had claimed, where was it?

I don't know, but until Blizzard posts a number with their actual subscription count, 1.7 million is the only number we have. If you take a look at a graph spanning the subscription count every expansion, (besides Legion and BfA) it isn't too far of a stretch to say it dropped to 1.7-3.0million subscribers, as the graph has shown a decrease in amount 1 million or so every expansion.
Wow isn't an MMORPG anymore it's a MMOG now.