The Light Sucks. *Spoilers*

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
10/16/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Nøz
With these Lightforged zealot whack jobs becoming a problem by being in game now, maybe it's time for another Path of Glory, but this time in Azeroth.

You might not be far off. Blizz likes to tease upcoming storylines and a fight against the Light and Naaru might not be far fetched.
10/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Greatbobbo
10/16/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Ayaani
Yrel did nothing wrong.

Yrel killed Durotan.

Remember that joke about the Orcish paving company? The one who made the road from the skulls of the goat people in Outland leading to the dungeons? Someone claimed to have found the Outland version of Yrel and pointed to a specific skull on that road.

It's even funnier now, eh?
10/16/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Vaeana
10/16/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Joyeuse
...Orcs aren't people. They're invading, hostile aliens who want to dominate everything they see. The only righteous paths in dealing with the Orcs are full eradication or internment away from more civilized races while their own culture develops into something compatible to Azeroth.

Draenor is their home planet. From their point of view the space goats are the invading force.

Don't you have a high elf thread to cry in?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9245385210#11

Surely this post, from a blue no less, tells us all we need to know about the Orcs and the Draenei. History does not lie!
10/16/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Craggar
10/16/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Vaeana

Draenor is their home planet. From their point of view the space goats are the invading force.

Don't you have a high elf thread to cry in?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9245385210#11

Surely this post, from a blue no less, tells us all we need to know about the Orcs and the Draenei. History does not lie!

lol miss Bashiok.
10/16/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Díomedes
I thought the Light was a lot cooler than then this.

The light is just a tool.

If warlocks can be champions of the alliance and the horde and wield the void to do good, then the light can be pushed too far as well.

Kind of like how in the US religious and conservative ideologies are being used to promote fascism and racism...
10/16/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Talladron
10/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Greatbobbo

Yrel killed Durotan.

Remember that joke about the Orcish paving company? The one who made the road from the skulls of the goat people in Outland leading to the dungeons? Someone claimed to have found the Outland version of Yrel and pointed to a specific skull on that road.

It's even funnier now, eh?

It’s still funny. Someone dig this thread up, please.
10/16/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Díomedes
I thought the Light was a lot cooler than then this.

Good is typically pretty cool up until bad writers decide that "good" can also be bad and then go to extremes with the whole "bad" nonsense.

AU Velen saving a Void fallen Naaru leaving a hopeful Yrel (who helped plenty of Orcs and Azerothians) is way cooler than Yrel going all Inquisition offscreen to give AU Mag'har to the Horde (when MU Mag'har are waiting on Outland.)

If everything more powerful than you is equally evil then what is there to hope or strive for?

Enter American politics meme.
The Scarlet Crusaders got duped into being led by a dreadlord.

_Twice_

Hoomans r dum.
10/16/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Díomedes

Thats a verrrrry slippery slope. I mean is there much difference between Yrel and Sylvanas. It looks like Yrel is committing genocide.
Orcs aren't people. They're invading, hostile aliens who want to dominate everything they see. The only righteous paths in dealing with the Orcs are full eradication or internment away from more civilized races while their own culture develops into something compatible to Azeroth.

IS YOU SAYIN' DERE'S FINGS WHAT DON'T LIKE FIGHTIN' FEREVER? DEM HUMIES IS REEL GOOD AT MAKIN' FORTS FER US TA KRUMP, SO DEY MUST LIKE FIGHTIN'...

10/16/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Díomedes
10/16/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Bulletbeard

Wow someone is racist against Orcs....

All horde are filthy mouth breathers. I'm factionist.

'ANG ON A SECOND.. I FINK DEY BE MAKIN FUN OF US...WELL.....MAYBE WE OUTTA GO STOMP SUM HUMIES!
10/16/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Dreamspitter
...Orcs aren't people. They're invading, hostile aliens who want to dominate everything they see. The only righteous paths in dealing with the Orcs are full eradication or internment away from more civilized races while their own culture develops into something compatible to Azeroth.

IS YOU SAYIN' DERE'S FINGS WHAT DON'T LIKE FIGHTIN' FEREVER? DEM HUMIES IS REEL GOOD AT MAKIN' FORTS FER US TA KRUMP, SO DEY MUST LIKE FIGHTIN'...

10/16/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Díomedes

All horde are filthy mouth breathers. I'm factionist.

'ANG ON A SECOND.. I FINK DEY BE MAKIN FUN OF US...WELL.....MAYBE WE OUTTA GO STOMP SUM HUMIES!

Are you talking like a 40K ork?
10/16/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Alissey
Seeing all the !@#$ that the forsaken and sylvanas are doing i'm legitimately starting to believe that the Scarlet Crusade were the good guys and their actions, although questionable, were for the greater good.

The Scarlet Crusaders attacked not just the Forsaken(an idea they got from Silver Hand member Alexandros Morgraine whom the Scarlet Crusade's founder had murdered) but the living as well including Alliance! They were paranoid ever since Balnazzar created them!

The fact that the Scarlet Crusade included Alexandros's "Wipe out the Forsaken" plan into their grand vision does not change the fact that they also wiped out the rest of Lordaeron who weren't Undead thus aiding the Legion!

Both Scarlet Crusade, Scourge and Forsaken are born from the Legion's Goals which are focused on the extermination of all Life!

Yrel and her allies serve Xe'ra and thus are following her Goals. She is no different from Sargeras with the only difference being that instead of destroying all life she is dedicated to the Goal of stopping Time itself to win!
Considering the Orc hordes have tried twice to annihilate the Draenei, I don't really blame them for their actions. They knew that they would never be a military match for the Iron Horde, so they used the only thing they had as a weapon. Remember that this is not the light, it is someone using the light in a questionable way. This is not the first time we have seen the Naaru act like this and they are not above abusing their power to force an agenda they feel is for the "greater good".

Plus I like the idea that eventually that portal will burst open again and an army of Lightbound will start to invade our world. Then we can finally have our "good guys as the bad guys" expansion.
10/16/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Josman
The Scarlet Crusade did nothing wrong

Sally is doing a lovely job keeping the Ebon Hold clean.
Just an FYI.

Its all because they didn't have demons to worry about. The dreanei got bored so badly that they no longer had to fear anything or anyone. So instead they go on a murder/conquer spree.

Dumb story is dumb. I thought we got fancy new writers. I mean ... I had hoped for fancy anyway...

There wasn't much to like about it imo. I'm glad I don't have to do it again. So disappointing. At least I got my orc looking as I wanted her to look.
10/16/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Truko
10/16/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Ayaani
Yrel did nothing wrong.

This, Yrel did nothing wrong. Now the orcs? they where already butchering draenei for no reason at all. Orcs deserve to be wiped off AU Draenor.

Not all of them deserve, the ones that accepted the light can live and help the draenei build a actual civilization on this primitive savage world.
10/16/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Díomedes

Thats a verrrrry slippery slope. I mean is there much difference between Yrel and Sylvanas. It looks like Yrel is committing genocide.
Orcs aren't people. They're invading, hostile aliens who want to dominate everything they see. The only righteous paths in dealing with the Orcs are full eradication or internment away from more civilized races while their own culture develops into something compatible to Azeroth.

Orcs didn’t wipeout entire worlds calling themselves Legion, Draenei did!

Yrel and the rest of the Draenei are the invading species of Draenor.

Troll better.
The light is pure evil. played enough and seen enough to know this. anyone blind to this fact are just like them. they force conversion, wipe out people who do not adhere to their way of doing things.
10/16/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Kolyx
I was all about it. Showed how dangerous zealotry is.

More importantly, it showed you traditionally light wielders can turn into absolute whackjobs.

I'll just be over here praising An'she.

That's not this works, that's not how any of this works.

I'm going to have to build a cleansing fire, using small heretics like Gnome Priests as kindling and then move onto Sunwalkers once the fire catches.
The draenei are good. The orcs are bad. This has been proven since the series started.
In fact, assuming WoD is actually canon at all, the fel-touched orcs who first invaded Azeroth have turned out to be better and more decently organized than the mag'har orcs. Sargeras actually helped to improve them. Maybe? You decide. But orcs are still bloodthirsty savages who destroy everything they touch.
10/16/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Josman
The Scarlet Crusade did nothing wrong

Even the Alliance hated the Scarlet Crusade. They certainly hated the Alliance.