Survival pvp

Hunter
DH vs Survival.

Just need some advice going against melee (rogue,warrior,Dh) especially Dh. I feel no matter what I do they keep me stunned, while my cc does little. I think Dh is faceroll tbh. I really like survival but feels squishy against other melee. I do play hit and run, SV isn't meant for toe-to-toe combat.

I know I have a lot I can work on. But when I get on my rogue it is so much easier fighting melee. I have a lot more control and I can put out a lot of dmg while they are CCed.

Survival has great dmg, I think they just cant take any. Even in Mythics, I seem to take more dmg than the leather dps.
Stun the DH eye beam with your pet or ice trap.. dead DH
^^ bingo, DH are SOL if they get stunned/int on eye beam
I actually feel stronger against DHs and Rogues playing my SV than I do when playing my Outlaw Rogue, but I may just be a bit biased because SV is so much more fun to me. Rogues have way better defensives, but they can't sit through stuns as well as Hunters. I'm a random battleground player, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Do you have your traps macro'd to drop at you feet? This can be really helpful when getting away from melee after a stun or when kiting. Drop an ice trap and get out of dodge. If they shadowstep/heroic leap/etc... to you afterwards you can drop tar trap and disengage. If they still manage to stick to you, you can use wing clip to slow them by 50% for 15 seconds. Wing clip seems a bit buggy to me, but it can be extremely helpful in a pinch. Trackers net is also a great way to get some distance but it breaks to damage. Not 100" sure if dot damage breaks the net. Also be sure to run mending bandage to get rid of bleeds/poisons (great for assasination).

It's just a matter of using your tools properly to kite and keep your melee burst limited to stun windows or kill shots.
In what scenario are we talking here? 2’s, 3’s, bg’s or wpvp 1v1’s?
10/17/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Jinn
I actually feel stronger against DHs and Rogues playing my SV than I do when playing my Outlaw Rogue, but I may just be a bit biased because SV is so much more fun to me. Rogues have way better defensives, but they can't sit through stuns as well as Hunters. I'm a random battleground player, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Do you have your traps macro'd to drop at you feet? This can be really helpful when getting away from melee after a stun or when kiting. Drop an ice trap and get out of dodge. If they shadowstep/heroic leap/etc... to you afterwards you can drop tar trap and disengage. If they still manage to stick to you, you can use wing clip to slow them by 50% for 15 seconds. Wing clip seems a bit buggy to me, but it can be extremely helpful in a pinch. Trackers net is also a great way to get some distance but it breaks to damage. Not 100" sure if dot damage breaks the net. Also be sure to run mending bandage to get rid of bleeds/poisons (great for assasination).

It's just a matter of using your tools properly to kite and keep your melee burst limited to stun windows or kill shots.
Thank you Jinn,

most of my traps are macro to cursor, I will work on it :)
10/17/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Onamah
In what scenario are we talking here? 2’s, 3’s, bg’s or wpvp 1v1’s?

Mostly Wpvp, I know Tich is Horde dominate and most of the time X vs 1. It still be nice to figure out DH.
10/17/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Vemonbite
Thank you Jinn,

most of my traps are macro to cursor, I will work on it :)

You are already doing this correctly. @ Cursor traps is the way to go, don't change this.

Use Roar of Sacrifice. Never leave home without this PvP talent. Turtle/Mending Bandage is very effective.

Utilize your ranged abilities, especially against any/all opponent offensive CDs. Wing Clip, disengage /w posthaste and kite a lot while using all ranged dps abilities.

I prefer a cunning pet /w slow in WPvP and 1v1, helps to kite a ton (never in arenas where you want a healing debuff pet). But I get it, kiting a DH is crazy hard, but it can be done if you maintain a slow on him and chain your CC properly, stun, frost trap to gain distance, tar trap, disengage, tracker net, aspect of the cheetah etc.

Nothing more entertaining for me as SV than killing other melee with Aspect of the Eagle.
10/17/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Widowmakker
Stun the DH eye beam with your pet or ice trap.. dead DH

What if they stun you and then eye beam?
@cursor traps are great and should still be on your bar, but @player traps are also very useful when someone is right on top of you, or if you want to kite someone into your trap. I place my @player trap macros on an alt/keybind with my associated @cursor traps.
DHs are stupid overpowered and I like the way a lot of people call them faceroll ILLITARDS now, too funny.

I'm not sure what stunning a DH during Eye Beam does that is anything special, but that move is *SO OVERPOWERED* it's unbelievable, it is definitely the most OP, strongest ability in the game. It can easily blow off more than 50% of your health.

When fighting DH, their typical shenannigans are STUN you, then Eye Beam. Anticipate this and GTFO, don't eat the Eye Beam, it's horribly OP and difficult to survive and if you eat it, they can easily finish you off because you will have almost no health left.
Demon Hunters aren't as OP as they used to be.
Wanna see even more ridiculous eye beams? The 40% eye beam dmg from the legion raid tier still works if you equip 2 pc and it multiplies the extra dmg azurite traits can add to it as well last I checked.
10/19/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Talunz
Wanna see even more ridiculous eye beams? The 40% eye beam dmg from the legion raid tier still works if you equip 2 pc and it multiplies the extra dmg azurite traits can add to it as well last I checked.

I can’t imagine 2 pieces From legion being a boost to eye beam dmg due to the stats being significantly lower.
10/19/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Boltaction

I can’t imagine 2 pieces From legion being a boost to eye beam dmg due to the stats being significantly lower.

It does boost the tool tip value quite a bit. Best to use minimum stat contributing pieces like cloak and gloves or something. Even losing ALL the stats from those 2 pieces wouldn't drop your dmg 40%. I'm not saying it will boost your overall dps either, just eyebeam burst.

Edit: and then in instances pvp you have to consider scaling and the fact that in many cases dropping your Ilvl can be a good thing, certainly likely to gain massive eyebeam dmg
Grab a tank pet.
Comes with 20 percent damage reduction on 3 min cd.
Also see you're not running with roar of sacrifice PvP talent which most say is a MUST. It's on a 1 minute cd I believe for 10 seconds (someone can correct if wrong) huge survival (pun intended) talent.
dont think that works as all set bonuses are disabled after lvl 116 or so atleast the tooltip states that, i know i tried to go farm mop tier from siege of orgimar cause it boosted aimedshot and arcane damage by 15% and also the set bonuses from legion gave nice damage boost aswell. but they all said legacy set effects disabled.
10/21/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Tassili
dont think that works as all set bonuses are disabled after lvl 116 or so atleast the tooltip states that, i know i tried to go farm mop tier from siege of orgimar cause it boosted aimedshot and arcane damage by 15% and also the set bonuses from legion gave nice damage boost aswell. but they all said legacy set effects disabled.

It was still working on my DH when I hit 120 but it has been about 3 weeks or so since I checked. I won't be able to play for a few more weeks (won't be home for a while) so can't check again to see if it was just a bug or if it's still working.

I'm sure someone still has a couple of the set pieces sitting around they can check