What if everything you've ever gained...

General Discussion
... was all about how hard you worked?

Is life ever like that?

Should a person's ability to play at all hours of the day and night to the point of sleeplessness directly impact their overall power level?

I don't know about you, but I tend to take gaming in small chunks. I can't do those long-winded sessions like I did when I was in my early 20s.
Power level has nothing to do with getting sleep. It has to do with your ability to perform in higher difficulty. If all you do is raid lfr whats the point of getting gear above 340? It takes longer to run all of lfr then it does to pug Normal Uldir.
10/18/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Gibsinx
Power level has nothing to do with getting sleep. It has to do with your ability to perform in higher difficulty. If all you do is raid lfr whats the point of getting gear above 340? It takes longer to run all of lfr then it does to pug Normal Uldir.

My question was a bit rhetorical.
So what is the purpose of this post
I'd say it's about taking responsibility for your own choices.

There's a pvp reward white fox mount out there. Oh, I could write a dozen threads, ten thousands posts (don't even think I'm bluffing for a moment) over it... but ultimately, that's what's in the game. I decide to accept the consequences of not pursuing what it takes to get that. It's all me.
I figure most people come to play games to relax and get away from work.

But with the way gaming is going it seems games are turning into a second job.

"Wanna get flying? Enjoy grinding this arbitrary, mind numbingly boring chore like content for the next several months so you can get flying in content that is now 95% irrelevant."
There are certain areas where that is going to apply. Leveling, rep grinds, currency grinds, anything where time invested directly correlates to rewards gained.

That applies to life though. Someone capable of working 15 hours OT every week will make more money than a coworker who clocks 40 and goes home.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying that everyone should be gated so that someone who logs 5 hours of WoW a week and someone who logs 45 hours have similar gear? It also depends on efficiency. Someone who LFGs Uldir for 10 hours a week and gets !@#$ groups will likely have worse gear than someone who speed clears with their guild in a single sitting.
If you want rng play wow. If you want time spent = progress play runescape.

Wow is like a slot machine mmorpg.
I understand why people dislike Titanforging.

But the majority of the playerbase doesn't care that Bob the Hunter got 395 Bow of Woe from doing some Warfront. They are usually happy for him. You know why? They TOO are Bob the Hunter.

If you guys want to convince someone at Blizzard that Titanforging is bad, you better change your arguments, because there are 300 Bob the Hunter for each one of you.
10/18/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Monrith
I figure most people come to play games to relax and get away from work.

But with the way gaming is going it seems games are turning into a second job.

"Wanna get flying? Enjoy grinding this arbitrary, mind numbingly boring chore like content for the next several months so you can get flying in content that is now 95% irrelevant."

It wasn't relevant at the time. Why should you get handed something that other people worked towards when playing the current content at the time
10/18/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Gibsinx

Nah, you suck. It's the people you're with that are good. LOL
I assume most of us work. So lets just say we work a 40 hour week and then during those times you come home and play your favorite game. Let's just say my favorite is WoW. Now I am crazy about WoW, I read guides and want to become better. So I push myself to become better in order to do harder content and then I actually do what I say. Why are others who do not try to further themself being rewarded XD. It's the same in life. People better themselves to further themselves not be stuck in their set ways and RNG took over and rewarded them.
Real life is RNG, you dummies sound like government workers.

/sniffle but i ran it five times and he ran it four and got something fractional better than me

All the real problems with the game and this is what you choose to tackle as your number one priority.

I hate how casuals enjoy any part of the game , I want them just to be my punching bags, unable to defend themselves, I want them miserable but unable to log off...

I want WoW to fail just to spite you douchenozzle dorks.
Nope OP.

I do programming for a living and often if the solution is really really hard to implement then I probably screwed up and there was an easier way to do the thing.
10/18/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Sonicgott

Is life ever like that?

That . . . . . . . . . IS . . . life.
I’m sorry but “hardcore” raiding does not take any skill. It’s practice, trial and error. It doesn’t make you better than anyone else. Get over yourselves. I’m sorry I don’t have 40 hours a week to play a game anymore with a family and mortgage.
10/18/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Khorbus
I’m sorry but “hardcore” raiding does not take any skill. It’s practice, trial and error. It doesn’t make you better than anyone else.

Lots of practice does make you better than everyone else, at virtually any activity you can think of. Trial and error, over a long period of time, cultivates mastery.
10/18/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Sonicgott

Is life ever like that?

[/quote]

Yes. It can be, if everything isn’t handed to you on a silver spoon. Yes life can be like that.

Should games be? Well, that’s another question...