Why no mount every blizzcon?

General Discussion
Wouldn't that just increase sales? It's basically printing money. Yet they opted to not do one this year..

Is there an upside to not releasing a mount at every blizzcon?
I was wondering about this - no mount and no pet this year ?
I didn't buy a ticket because of it. I'm with you.
They knew months ahead of release that bfa was going to flop so they attached the titanic mount to 6 months of sub time rather than the blizzcon ticket. The reason you get no mount this time is because people are suckers and blizz needs to keep the sub number up by any means necessary so they can make their investors think everything is peachy even though wow is sinking just like that titanic mount they couldn't even program to float.
I think the reason why, and this is just the current big theory as to why, is because the pirate ship mount was originally going to be the BlizzCon mount but they opted to use it to entice subs with that 6 month deal they did.

Also the mount sucked anyways, it doesn't even float like a regular ship.
OR... and don't crucify me for this --

If you get a mount every single year, it's no longer a special gift, it's just expected. And if it's expected, then it might as well just be another horse. Fancy saddle maybe!
No pet or two mounts and they replaced it with a horde only and alliance only cloak and flag toy instead then raised the price of it, i think they're thinking to claim the Classic Demo is the full price for it.
I'm only mad there is no murky pet this year. That truly sucks.
10/18/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Roshta
Also the mount sucked anyways, it doesn't even float like a regular ship.
Out of curiosity are the previous two Blizzcon ships waterwalking mounts?
Why should there be?

If I want a mount (and honestly, 103 or however many I have is enough) I can get one from the store or farm one playing the game.

If I want to go to a con, I would go to a con.

Nothing about watching a stream of other people going to a con appeals to me, and a "free" mount wouldn't change that.
10/18/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Dvis
OR... and don't crucify me for this --

If you get a mount every single year, it's no longer a special gift, it's just expected. And if it's expected, then it might as well just be another horse. Fancy saddle maybe!

I don't see anything you posted that is an actual problem. I think most of us are just in it for the +1 to our mount collections.
Mounts are rare, it's usually a pet Murloc in some kind of cosplay. The fact that they decided to go with cosmetic cloaks this year, the item slot that is probably the one most frequently hidden by players since Vanilla, actually made me lol when I saw the announcement. The StarCraft 2 workers have caught my eye though, so I may go ahead and get the VT anyway.
back in the day i bought the e-tickets for the murloc pet

then there was that year when they didn't do a blizz con

the only one i watched in a significant amount of time was the one with Metallica playing the closing event
They decided to not give a mount or murloc pet in order to save me the $ of buying a virtual ticket. Blizurd, thanks for putting money back in my pocket and helping my retirement fund!
I'm usually in it for the exclusive pet, which there wasn't one, so I didn't bother this year.
No, the question is, why no Murloc item every blizzcon.

There only been two mount from blizzcon. One was a Polar bear with a murloc on it and the other was a faction flying airship/zep.
Whenever I see those capes I just keep thinking of the "NO CAPES!" scene from the Incredibles. They just seem like they'd catch on so many things, especially the horde one.
10/18/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Srogoth
I'm only mad there is no murky pet this year. That truly sucks.

This. I cancelled my ticket and won't buy again in the future until the perks have been revealed. I'd have kept it for a Murky pet.
Blizzard's done a whopping 2 mounts in the history of Blizzcon and people now expect one every year? Jeez. That reminds me of the anniversary pet fiasco. We got one for the 4th and 5th anniversary but none for the 6th. Everyone whined and Blizzard said they regretted the 4th anniversary pet and wanted to keep fun rewards to landmark anniversaries.

I'm more disappointed they stopped with the Blizzcon Murky pets. I was hoping to get one last year but nope. Not one this year, either. Now that was an annual thing until last year so I can see complaints on that one, but not mounts.
10/18/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Thaallia
I didn't buy a ticket because of it. I'm with you.