Raider IO against TOA?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
10/31/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Exdragon
RaiderIO is worthless in how the measure people.

You can't really say its worthless. It may not carry as much weight as people believe it does, but hey a high IO score either means they are capable of completing it at that level or they are capable of making friends that are willing to carry them at that level. Either way is fine with me. Helps me steer clear of the anti-social neckbeards that stand in fire cuz MOAR DPS.
10/31/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Fierytaint
10/31/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Propaganda
Skill, as in, interrupt, CC or don't stand in stuff you shouldn't... Right...

Yes, those are measures of player skill in an MMO. How else would you measure a good player as opposed to a bad one? Good player is aware and handles mechanics as they are thrown in. A bad player is unaware of their surroundings and stands in fire. I'm not really sure what you would consider skill in an MMO if those don't count. But please enlighten me.

So it's a binary situation? You're either good or bad?

You've never stood in Fire or a Sanguine affix? Sure you have, and you've died to it - but most of the time you try to predict or react quick enough so as to not die.

Unless you're Stephen Hawking, you shouldn't really have any trouble with these things you identify as 'skill'.
10/31/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Propaganda
Skill, as in, interrupt, CC or don't stand in stuff you shouldn't... Right...

Yes, those are measures of player skill in an MMO. How else would you measure a good player as opposed to a bad one? Good player is aware and handles mechanics as they are thrown in. A bad player is unaware of their surroundings and stands in fire. I'm not really sure what you would consider skill in an MMO if those don't count. But please enlighten me.

I believe radier IO does nothing more then keeps a running total on how many dungeons you compeleted. A +2 gives you 2 points. A +8 gives you 8 points. It doesn't measure skill in any way. One of the reasons I don't use it.
10/31/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Fierytaint
RaiderIO is worthless in how the measure people.

You can't really say its worthless. It may not carry as much weight as people believe it does, but hey a high IO score either means they are capable of completing it at that level or they are capable of making friends that are willing to carry them at that level. Either way is fine with me. Helps me steer clear of the anti-social neckbeards that stand in fire cuz MOAR DPS.

Raider IO doesn't have anything to do with what level someone is capable of completing a dungeon. You can get a 1000 IO score off running 500 different +2 mythic+
10/31/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Exdragon
radier IO does nothing more then keeps a running total on how many dungeons you compeleted. A +2 gives you 2 points. A +8 gives you 8 points.

exactly this yes

I believe radier IO does nothing more then keeps a running total on how many dungeons you compeleted. A +2 gives you 2 points. A +8 gives you 8 points. It doesn't measure skill in any way. One of the reasons I don't use it.

This is incorrect actually. Ignorance is rife in these forums, but that's what you get when you cater to casuals for 99% of the welfare content out there.
10/31/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Exdragon
Raider IO doesn't have anything to do with what level someone is capable of completing a dungeon. You can get a 1000 IO score off running 500 different +2 mythic+

Except that's not how it works at all.
10/31/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Mur
radier IO does nothing more then keeps a running total on how many dungeons you compeleted. A +2 gives you 2 points. A +8 gives you 8 points.

exactly this yes

And its spreading...

yep you have no idea how it works

doing a +2 of each dungeon even with +3 upgrade completion will get you a few hundred score total
10/31/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Grumpsey

This is incorrect actually. Ignorance is rife in these forums, but that's what you get when you cater to casuals for 99% of the welfare content out there.

How does it work then?
10/31/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Propaganda

So it's a binary situation? You're either good or bad?

You've never stood in Fire or a Sanguine affix? Sure you have, and you've died to it - but most of the time you try to predict or react quick enough so as to not die.

Unless you're Stephen Hawking, you shouldn't really have any trouble with these things you identify as 'skill'.

I'm not saying its difficult by any means but it takes practice and awareness to do that while still maximizing DPS. So yes, I equate that to skill. Any video game in the world comes down to pushing buttons. By your logic no skill is required for any of them. Would you consider pushing buttons skillful? Guess not, guess that makes us all bads.

And of course you are troll posting from a forum alt so we cant see if your character is as bad as the garbage you post on the forums.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How does it work then?

Well since you asked, here goes. Feel free to copy/paste this to educate the rest of the misinformed.

First of all, each player gets a score for each dungeon. If you complete a +2 exactly on time you will be given 20 points for that dungeon. If you complete it exactly on time for a +9 its 90 points, for a +10 its 100 points for an exactly on time completion, hopefully you see the pattern here. Your total Raider.io score is cumulative for all the dungeons. So with there being 10 BFA dungeons in the game, if you complete all the dungeons as a +2 in time then your raider.io score will be at least 200. If you complete them all in time as a +9 then your raider.io score will at least 900. And yes you guessed it, if you complete all 10 in time at a +10 level then your raider.io score will be 1k+.

Your score will never go down and it will only go up if you complete a dungeon at a higher level or pace than you have historically. Running a dungeon that is a lower key level than you already have logged on Raider.io will do nothing to your score, regardless of how many times you run it. The best way to increase your score is to make sure you are not avoiding any dungeons and striving to complete higher level keys in time for each dungeon.

An example, you have a +10 Freehold logged on raider.io but only a +2 Kings' Rest. You have a choice of running a +8 Kings' Rest or a +14 Freehold. Both of them will raise your score, but since you historically don't have a high level KR logged you are going to get more points from running Kings' Rest at +8 than the +14 Freehold. If you already have a +8 completed on Kings' Rest then running another Kings' Rest +8 won't do much for your score. If you beat your previous time you may earn an extra point or two on raider.io but not completing in time will not hurt you in any way.

I hope it makes sense. I want people on the forums to understand this. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.
11/01/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Fierytaint

How does it work then?

Well since you asked, here goes. Feel free to copy/paste this to educate the rest of the misinformed.

First of all, each player gets a score for each dungeon. If you complete a +2 exactly on time you will be given 20 points for that dungeon. If you complete it exactly on time for a +9 its 90 points, for a +10 its 100 points for an exactly on time completion, hopefully you see the pattern here. Your total Raider.io score is cumulative for all the dungeons. So with there being 10 BFA dungeons in the game, if you complete all the dungeons as a +2 in time then your raider.io score will be at least 200. If you complete them all in time as a +9 then your raider.io score will at least 900. And yes you guessed it, if you complete all 10 in time at a +10 level then your raider.io score will be 1k+.

Your score will never go down and it will only go up if you complete a dungeon at a higher level or pace than you have historically. Running a dungeon that is a lower key level than you already have logged on Raider.io will do nothing to your score, regardless of how many times you run it. The best way to increase your score is to make sure you are not avoiding any dungeons and striving to complete higher level keys in time for each dungeon.

An example, you have a +10 Freehold logged on raider.io but only a +2 Kings' Rest. You have a choice of running a +8 Kings' Rest or a +14 Freehold. Both of them will raise your score, but since you historically don't have a high level KR logged you are going to get more points from running Kings' Rest at +8 than the +14 Freehold. If you already have a +8 completed on Kings' Rest then running another Kings' Rest +8 won't do much for your score. If you beat your previous time you may earn an extra point or two on raider.io but not completing in time will not hurt you in any way.

I hope it makes sense. I want people on the forums to understand this. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thankyou. Now I know how it works. I still think that is a horrible measure of skill. It assumes you have a crew of competent people to run with. It assumes you actually try to increase a raiderIO score and don't focus on the dungeons that give you the gear you actually need.
11/01/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Exdragon
Thankyou. Now I know how it works. I still think that is a horrible measure of skill. It assumes you have a crew of competent people to run with. It assumes you actually try to increase a raiderIO score and don't focus on the dungeons that give you the gear you actually need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7hpOufyOcE

at 1:07:30 they talk about IO for a couple of minutes and you can clearly see the clear divide about the system and how easy it is to exploit.

nope, wrong. both of you.

raider.io add the score of the highest mythic (of a particular dungeon) you've done.

if you run a +2 atal dazar 1 time, you'll have 20(ish) point. if you run +2 atal dazar 500 time, you'll still have only 20 (ish) point.

if you run a +10 of every dungeon, you'll have 1k score.
if you run a +15 of every dungeon, you'll have 1.6k ( really high key giving more than 10 point/ level of difficulty).

stop spreading lies.

so people who push higher keys successfully in a wide array of dungeon ,know how to coordinate with people and aren't undergeared (cause M+ stop at 370)... will have a higher score?

sound like an amazing system.
11/01/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Fierytaint
I'm not saying its difficult by any means but it takes practice and awareness to do that while still maximizing DPS. So yes, I equate that to skill. Any video game in the world comes down to pushing buttons. By your logic no skill is required for any of them. Would you consider pushing buttons skillful? Guess not, guess that makes us all bads.

And of course you are troll posting from a forum alt so we cant see if your character is as bad as the garbage you post on the forums.

You're funny, and persistent. I like that.
11/01/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Propaganda

You're funny, and persistent. I like that.

I'll be here all week..... :P
10/30/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Vaeliira
10/30/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Elythis
Don't download it, people need to stop encouraging that awful system.

and what, use ilvl as an indicator? or someones word that they know what they're doing?

People use Raiderio, because there is no better alternative.

In all fairness it's not very good as the primary system....especially when you're someone like me who targets specific dungeons for loot and avoids others when they can. I didn't want to be forced to time a 15+ Seat back then and I don't want to be forced to time a 11+ shrine now, but because of this my artificial *@%%#*@# measuring score suffers.
11/03/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Lokomachine
10/30/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Vaeliira

and what, use ilvl as an indicator? or someones word that they know what they're doing?

People use Raiderio, because there is no better alternative.

In all fairness it's not very good as the primary system....especially when you're someone like me who targets specific dungeons for loot and avoids others when they can. I didn't want to be forced to time a 15+ Seat back then and I don't want to be forced to time a 11+ shrine now, but because of this my artificial *@%%#*@# measuring score suffers.

If you're looking for loot in specific dungeons, people not checking your dungeon runs and only looking at overall score are doing you a favor by not inviting you.