Raider I.O privacy settings

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
10/20/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Werbatim
They actually streamed their progress through Uldir. I'm sure that if you hide your score people will assume you're a method quality player instead of what you actually are.

Except they have hidden their logs many times before and i never assumed to be method thats you getting triggered as usual by bait that never existed.

10/20/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Werbatim
I actually can't overstate how funny this is to me. You think that people will assume you hide your stats because you are elite. Gooood luck!

They assume*....thats about it :), they don't know
10/20/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Vognik
WE WON! Guys, we can finally set our characters private where it can't be viewed via the addon or website.
Yay? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, good for you if you want to be anonymous on it or not display information.

I've never cared whether people have the option to do that or not. The option to hide isn't a bad thing, options are usually good.

But I'm not sure exactly what you think you'll get out of it.

Anyone who wasn't taking you for having too low a score before certainly isn't going to take you when you have absolutely no score.

And that's fine, but anyone who isn't displaying the info is going to be doing it because they have something to hide and that's either the fact they have no score or such a low score they're embarrassed by it. If you were proud of your score or had a good score you'd be showing it anyway.

So, I mean pretty much nothing changes other than the fact no one can see exactly how low a score you have so you can maybe bluster and bluff about how awesome you are on the forums without anyone being able to point out otherwise at least through raider.io

But if it makes you happy, then I guess good for you.
10/20/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Lorsaire
Yay? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, good for you if you want to be anonymous on it or not display information.

I've never cared whether people have the option to do that or not. The option to hide isn't a bad thing, options are usually good.

But I'm not sure exactly what you think you'll get out of it.

You could say the same thing about shadow posters really.

10/20/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Lorsaire
Anyone who wasn't taking you for having too low a score before certainly isn't going to take you when you have absolutely no score.

Don't think they care about getting an invite, rather than to avoid harassment. Ppl have nothing to lash on other than its hidden
This is great. Only baddies had this problem, so now all of you will have no page and I won't invite you, literally ever.
I've never looked at my score or even checked to see if i have one at all for that matter, the people i run with just make sure that everyone gets their M+ 10 done for the week so more often than not our runs are always a mix of a couple of mains and 3 alts.

People get way too hung up on their item level and various scores these days.
10/20/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Vognik
It's never been about getting invited to groups. Its been about people using it as a tool to bully people.

No, that's simply not true... and I'm amazed anyone upvoted your ignorant comment, it has primarily always been used for inviting to groups so you know your key won't get wasted.
10/20/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Selorath
This is great. Only baddies had this problem, so now all of you will have no page and I won't invite you, literally ever.

GJ showing the ignorant users on raider.io will soonturn on each other.
How do you win? If I can't look you up, I won't be adding you to my group. Lol.
People actually think a score of 0 looks better than a low score?

Why would you invite someone who looks like they haven't stepped foot in M+ over someone who at least has some experience?
WE WON! Guys, we can finally set our characters private where it can't be viewed via the addon or website.

1. Hide your character from the addon. This will remove your character from being seen in the addon.
2. Anonymize Profile References. This will use a randomly generated character name instead of your character name. (ie PlayerAG12345)
3. Private profile. This will hide information on your profile and only show a small part of it. Similar to what would be seen on the armory page..

You are welcome.

Just to note a quick detail with "set to private" options.

It should be set to private by default, and only be allowed to be shown public AFTER manually turning it on.

That way you everyone who chooses not to use it isn't involuntarily caught up in the system, while those that choose to use it will be turning it on anyhow.

There, everyone happy.
10/20/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Sinistrë
RL scenario, it's better to have bad credit than no credit at all. People who don't use raiderio are most likely children though and won't understand this.

I don't use it and I am no child. I just don't give a flying F.

I just don't have the time, work consumes most of my time and the hours are too random. I just putter around doing my own thing.

Just because people don't play it the same way you think they should, doesn't mean you're right.

1. Hide your character from the addon. This will remove your character from being seen in the addon.
2. Anonymize Profile References. This will use a randomly generated character name instead of your character name. (ie PlayerAG12345)
3. Private profile. This will hide information on your profile and only show a small part of it. Similar to what would be seen on the armory page..

You are welcome.

You do realize seeing no io is worse than seeing a low io?
How are you winning? Invisible score=still no invite. !@#$ING LMAO
yes everything is fixed now, less trash filling up the recruitment list

"oh he's hiding their io score, he must be so good! let me pick him over the 1000 io guy with all +10's"
The whole thing is farcical. It reminds me why I refrain from grouping with most people in this game and instead focus on real life for human interaction. You neckbeard people are both sad and amazing at the same time. This raider.io thing illustrates why most of you are better off staying inside a video game and not bothering real people in real life. Hilarious.
10/20/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Okinraksha
I don't use it and I am no child. I just don't give a flying F.

I just don't have the time, work consumes most of my time and the hours are too random. I just putter around doing my own thing.

Just because people don't play it the same way you think they should, doesn't mean you're right.
Buddy you haven't even ran a single M0 dungeon (you've only even ran 4 heroic dungeons) or LFR Uldir. Why are you in a thread talking about an addon used as a metric for someone's M+ progress?

If you want to do that go get on a level 1 character like the rest of the clowns that want to argue about stuff where they have no reason to.
How much longer until the OP is back, complaining that no one is inviting him?
I'm not sure what your plan is? People asking for 1k will still not invite you if they dont see 1k. You've solved nothing.
No IO = no invite, simple as that.
Ppl still think this is about inviting??

What happens if i ask any of your private information? Your reply would be "none of your business"

Its the same concept