Welcome Back Holinka

General Discussion
10/20/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Fyonna
10/20/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Felryn
since there are naga, I think now is the time to introduce the long lost idea of Splashran

A completely underwater ashran! :p

Not all the movie theater's in the world can produce the amount of popcorn I would need to see the angry reactions over this.
Haha OP April fools was months ago!

*opens link*

OH GOD PLEASE NO!!! PLEASE NO!!! NOOO!!!!!!!
So is he exclusively working on the PvP end of things now or what...
10/20/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Tyierin
10/20/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Dubknight
Does this mean it's possible the awful GCD changes will get reverted at some point!?

:D :D :D

0.5 sec GCD soothing mist please!

Exactly.

I find it so hard to understand how you slam a spec like Mistweaver so very hard (especially vivify)...

Then you make PW:S have no cooldown... So it can apply atonement fast fast fast as well as bubble spam... AND disc priests get to keep Radiance to mass apply atonement?!?! Not even including they get pain suppression and other cooldowns as well, while providing extra damage on top of it all as part of their full time job... And disc priests in PvP?!?! Absolutely crazy strong.

I'm not saying nerf disc priests, I'm asking why Blizz felt like stomping Mistweaver?!

I mean Mistweaver operates like disc priest atonement healing, because in order for vivify to be useful, you need to have your hots (instead of atonement and don't worry, it's not a substantial HoT at all) on the target you want to heal with vivify, THEN waste a GCD starting the soothing mist channel, THEN spam cast vivify. Disc priests do it a million times better, using the same operational mechanic, and they do damage on top of it.

Back on topic of the GCD though, I wish Blizz would recognize you can't force universal changes on classes, and expect the same results. It doesn't work like that. It never has. The specs are all too different concerning how they do what they do.
I thought Blizz was desperate, but this goes way beyond that mark...
10/20/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Jelli
10/20/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Xoja
I’ve had my thoughts about Ol’ Holunker in the past but having someone head up class design that actually has a PvP mindset might not be bad for the health of the game overall.

pvp mindset is how pve gets nerfed. no thanks.

Sorry but the game would be healthier if more specs weren’t complete trash in PvP. PvP balancing has been an utter nightmare this expansion, and maybe Blizzard sees something in Ol’ Boy Holongo here. Guy definitely isn’t perfect but we’ll see what happens.
10/20/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Beefsmàsh
10/20/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Dreadfury
Yikes, as if BFA couldn't get any worse.

At least it’s not jay Wilson

You take that back.
Please no, dear god why????????????????? Just...no....

DO NOT WANT
I'll take ashran over warfronts. anything is better now for pvp at this point
10/20/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Dreadfury
Yikes, as if BFA couldn't get any worse.

Celestalon could come back
10/20/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Woodspath
So is he exclusively working on the PvP end of things now or what...

He is lead combat designer for all of wow PVP and PVE.
(Below Not directed at you woods, unless it fits you lol)

I hope you Raiders enjoyed one shotting PvPers, your days are numbered.
10/20/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Vadimier
Other than Ashran... pvp in WoD (and especially MoP) was awesome, and I hope we eventually go back to something similar.

Welcome back Holinka!

Huh? Where you in a private server for WOD. WOD was the beginning of what can only be called bad PVP. All casters became personal punching bags of melee and it still persists today.
its almost like blizz is trying to find the bottom
Why.
10/20/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Emt
10/20/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Vadimier
Other than Ashran... pvp in WoD (and especially MoP) was awesome, and I hope we eventually go back to something similar.

Welcome back Holinka!

Huh? Where you in a private server for WOD. WOD was the beginning of what can only be called bad PVP. All casters became personal punching bags of melee and it still persists today.

Note I said "especially MoP" but no, WoD still had plenty of CC potential and casters could still make amazing plays and put out good damage if they knew what they were doing. Remember affliction or frost mages in WoD? It was Legion that they started getting completely trained by melee no matter what they did, which was obviously bad.

I'm just hoping we get something more akin to MoP, sure everyone had too many defensives and what-not but it was actually enjoyable.
10/20/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Snowslight
Good. I liked Ashran.

I actually liked ashran too
Is Holinka a Malfurion Self Insert?

Please, tell me he is.
Everyone bashes Holinka for Ashran and a couple other things but the game has gone further downhill and at a faster pace since he left. I’d take an Ashran here or there over having our thread be deleted and mountains and mountains of feedback being ignored. Holinka at least gave us pvp qas and shared ideas and thoughts with us even if it wasn’t the changes we liked it was better than repeating “we want to make communication better” for the 44th time and then not doing so.

Pvp is currently a !@#$ storm. If he brings back vendors or makes pvp like wod at all other than Ashran Ill be happy. Hopefully He can have a say in things like the gcd change and how it’s currently garbage
10/20/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Tyierin
friends, can you say esto va a ser un paseo salvaje?

This will be a wild ride...
10/20/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Holinka! Creator of Trashcan, errrr Ashran.

I'll be honest. I did not mind Ashran at all. My 3 critiques were and remain as follows:

1.) Player Agency for being there. I couldn't figure in a reason that in the middle of fighting the Iron Horde we would drop everything to attack the Horde which were were supposedly in a cold war with. I get there was a artifact, but it never was referenced in quests to make us feel like it was some major threat. Because of that from a Lore standpoint Ashran felt a little disjointed from the rest of the story.

2.) Difficulty Identifying targets of value / too many objectives available. A good idea on paper, but it didn't really lend itself well to the ultimate goal of winning. Targets of value could sometimes be a bit hard to follow along with. This leads to 3.

3.) Difficulty of moving the mob. We've all been there. 40 Horde or Alliance. 10 of them were Napoleon in a past life and believe they know EXACTLY how to win if you follow their commands. Viva El Presidente!

Problem is there was no cohesive path so everyone tended to scatter unless you somehow managed to get people to grasp that you need to do W-X-Y then finally Objective Z to win. This made matches chaotic, which could be fun in the same way the AV mid-field was in Vanilla, but didn't lend well to long term play.

I want to stress none of these things were things Holinka himself could of foreseen, and I think he did the best he could under the circumstances. Of all the issues WoD had, one issue I never had was disliking PVP or the fluid nature of the classes. Take that as you will, but we didn't have the GCD mess when he was around last time.

Welcome back man!