BFA is a lost cause

General Discussion
Blizz is too focused on end game. Who cares about azurite armor, who cares about balancing a class to do 2% more dps. With scaling now gear is irrelevant the advantage you get is negligible how about making the open world fun. That's what they should focus on. Player housing, better crafting system, more customization, dances, xmog make the world fun this is a mmoRPG.
Player Housing is not the "open world".
More Customization is not the "open world."
Dance Animations are not the "open world."
Transmog is not the "open world."

In fact, 2 of those are primarily instanced [Housing 100%, Xmog primarily earned via running instanced content].

The other 2 are more or less... art. Nothing to do with gameplay or the world at all.

FWIW - Yes, Blizzard does focus a bit much on endgame at the expense of other areas. Yes, leveling is hot garbage compared to many other MMOs. Yes, Professions are as bland and uninspired as they could possibly be. Yes, WoW's story is a steaming pile of dung. The issue is that Blizzard has their rep primarily because of their quality endgame experience, and they know that, so they tunnelvision on it. Not entirely unreasonable given that's mostly what keeps people subbed, but still an issue.
Player housing,

Stopped reading there. The last thing I want is wasted development time on another Garrison or The Sims: Wow edition.
10/20/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Sechi
Player Housing is not the "open world".
More Customization is not the "open world."
Dance Animations are not the "open world."
Transmog is not the "open world."

In fact, 2 of those are primarily instanced [Housing 100%, Xmog primarily earned via running instanced content].

The other 2 are more or less... art. Nothing to do with gameplay or the world at all.

Player housing can be, the mats for the house and everything in it have to come from somewhere.

Transmog comes from all over, some of the neatest little things come from quests in the old world.
10/20/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Sindrelara
Blizz is too focused on end game.

Uh no. There was content from 110 to 120 and beyond. Each zone had it's storyline ending with the dungeon at the end. Then there was the War Campaign you could do in parallel.

Who cares about azurite armor, who cares about balancing a class to do 2% more dps. With scaling now gear is irrelevant the advantage you get is negligible how about making the open world fun.

Azerite armor was available from 110 all the way to 120 so no it's not irrelevant.

That's what they should focus on. Player housing, better crafting system, more customization, dances, xmog make the world fun this is a mmoRPG.

Player Housing: Draenor
Crafting System: Previous expansions
Customization: Draenor's Garrison, Transmogs and Azerite armor?!?
Dances: okay fine whatever

None of these are open world btw
Blizz is too focused on end game.
Endgame is what WoW has always been about.

And it's not too good in BFA. They need to fix it.

Player housing,

dances, xmog make the world fun this is a mmoRPG.
You can play Dress-up. But it's not going to fix any problems BFA has.
Wow is basically a lobby game now. I sit around boralus waiting for raid/dungeon to fill up, do it then return. There’s not much content to do in the world, and l but less reason to do it
10/20/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Sechi
FWIW - Yes, Blizzard does focus a bit much on endgame at the expense of other areas.

The irony here being that endgame is what a lot of people complain about as being broken.
Blizz has focused on endgame only content since at least WOTLK. They never added anything to the leveling experience or anything like that. The only world content they added in WOTLK was the Argent Tournament and that was building to another raid.

You want more people in the world doing stuff? Sounds like you want the removal of LFR and LFD. More people out in the world, running/flying to their destinations instead of having a queue to press a button and get there. Take away meeting stones for no summoning too.
Blizz is too focused on end game. Who cares about azurite armor, who cares about balancing a class to do 2% more dps. With scaling now gear is irrelevant the advantage you get is negligible how about making the open world fun. That's what they should focus on. Player housing, better crafting system, more customization, dances, xmog make the world fun this is a mmoRPG.

Player housing and more customization options would be cool, but they are probably restrained by the engine.

Wildstar had the best housing I've ever seen in a MMO, but the engine was built with it in mind.
10/20/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Fizk
Blizz has focused on endgame only content since at least WOTLK. They never added anything to the leveling experience or anything like that. The only world content they added in WOTLK was the Argent Tournament and that was building to another raid.

You want more people in the world doing stuff? Sounds like you want the removal of LFR and LFD. More people out in the world, running/flying to their destinations instead of having a queue to press a button and get there. Take away meeting stones for no summoning too.

Thing is, removing the queue won't "get them out in the world". Which I'm assuming people mean out interacting with open world content, and not just traveling to instances, which mind you still have summoning stones outside the entrances.

[quote]Who cares about azurite armor, who cares about balancing a class to do 2% more dps. With scaling now gear is irrelevant the advantage you get is negligible how about making the open world fun.

Azerite armor was available from 110 all the way to 120 so no it's not irrelevant.

This game would be so much more fun if azerite was irrelevant.
10/20/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Fizk

Queueable content makes up 0% of endgame content
Guild Wars 2 has the endgame you’re looking for.
BfA was DoA when Blizzard refused to listen to the Beta testers.
10/20/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Player housing,

Stopped reading there. The last thing I want is wasted development time on another Garrison or The Sims: Wow edition.

I am 100% not the person who would engage with player houses, but like tmog, in every mmo ive played with it a huge amount of the playerbase loves it.

I wouldn't want to lose a raid tier over it, but if blizz implemented it correctly, i think it would be very well received.

I also don't believe the current dev team is capable of doing it correctly.
10/20/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix

I am 100% not the person who would engage with player houses, but like tmog, in every mmo ive played with it a huge amount of the playerbase loves it.

I wouldn't want to lose a raid tier over it, but if blizz implemented it correctly, i think it would be very well received.

I also don't believe the current dev team is capable of doing it correctly.

Deep down I know you're right.

Blizz would find a way to FK it up.

It's kinda their thing. Take an awesome idea, try and modify it in some way to make it their own...

And totally destroy it in the process.
I feel the changes they made to the game for the sake of something else are broken when put together. The development team currently does not have the foresight needed to smooth out the rough patches.
Couldnt agree more
Tinyurl.com/bookmart