WoW leveling is too hard

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Leveling has never been better. 7.3.5 fixed everything wrong with it.

If 3, maybe 4 days, is too hard or tedious for you perhaps mmos aren't the right genre for you.
Leveling has never been hard mechanically. The issue is that long time players are doing it thier 20th plus time. So its just a boring slog.

Easiest solution that would get both sides what they want would be to buff the exp bonus we get from looms. At least a 100% boost i think is necessary.
10/22/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Kakurine
The issue is that long time players are doing it thier 20th plus time. So its just a boring slog.

As a long time player I find it neither boring or a slog. So please kindly speak for yourself.
10/22/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Nippysmilk
I got to level 30 and threw my hands up in the air and gave up. I logged out, hit the button and boosted my toon.

Working as intended.

Also, it's not hard, it's tedious.

Going by your reasoning, facebook produces some of the most difficult games ever made since sometimes you need to wait 30 days+ for a single upgrade.
It is not true, i'm gonna say why, as a new comer it might take two or three weeks to hit lvl 120 if u buy heirlooms after that, u just need to upgrade them to lvl 100 not even 110, cause it is way faster to lvl up with, quest, dungeons and bgs, if u have healer or tank specs queue as that spec at dungeons that's an instant dungeon right there and bgs are pretty entertaining
So imo u just need to quest a bit from lvl 1 to 15 after that play some dungeons from 15 to 20 so u can get some decent gear from dungeons then go and do ur bgs, doing this u will hit lvl 60 a bit fast and once there, it is gonna take u only the quest chain at hellfire peninsula from tbc to lvl up from 60 to 80 obviously doing dungeons and bgs meanwhile, after that everything become easier
10/22/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Gnassty
10/22/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Veilofmaya
I've gone from 20-78 in a couple days. I get real add with it too. Glad your unsubbing if you can't handle it

how do you do that?? Serious question.
I do dungeons for quests once. Queue specifically for the ones you want. Quest zones you know til it pops
I seriously hope you do not plan to play vanilla you won't get to level 10 lol
This is my first character which I am leveling . I feel the leveling is fine , the thing I would change is to get a coherent timeline or quest line for a new character so that ppl can follow the story as it progresses ... Thrall is warchief , then somehow Garrosh is , then I am in WoD and now in Legion and suddenly Vol’jin is chief in the intro. Atleast the cinematic there shows Slyvanna becoming chief .
"Levelling is too hard."
But immediately calls levelling easy and boring.

Sorry but Imma call you foul on the clickbaity title.

What you really should say is what you mean which is:

"WoW Levelling is too easy and I find it boring so that makes in uninteresting and unengaging for me to play so I'd rather just buy a boost."

Now, you're not wrong.
Levelling is not really that hard.
We need more spells or talents to help make the levelling curve feel more progressive. Like we get our carrot a bit more often. Especially past level 70 where we get all of like... nothing til cap.
Leveling isn't hard. It's just long and drawn out and boring as all heck.
The thing is, before the change in leveling, there were massive complaint threads on GD saying "Leveling is meaningless", "There is no point in leveling a character if everything is dead in 2 hits". Blizzard listened to all these threads and increased the leveling difficulty a little and now we have the exact opposite complaints. This is why Blizzard should not listen to these forums, they will never satisfy everyone.
10/23/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Ghullum
The thing is, before the change in leveling, there were massive complaint threads on GD saying "Leveling is meaningless", "There is no point in leveling a character if everything is dead in 2 hits". Blizzard listened to all these threads and increased the leveling difficulty a little and now we have the exact opposite complaints. This is why Blizzard should not listen to these forums, they will never satisfy everyone.

They took the other extreme kind of. Things take a bit to kill even with heirlooms.

But its quite the trek
10/23/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Ghullum

Because Blizzard resolved a non-issue with an extreme change. What few players whined incessantly about it had the choice to make the leveling process slower/more challenging for themselves but opted not to. There's nothing one can do to alleviate how tedious leveling is now.
I created an orc and ran him to Orgrimmar. By the time I got there he was level 2 just by taking a walk. C'mon man, choose a different word besides 'hard'.
10/22/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Zeraph

Some examples of things that attract whales AND drive away new consumers:
1. Level scaling of old content. Whale - pays for boost. New consumer - quits playing.
2. Allied races. Whale - buys race change. New consumer - never has an allied race.
3. Massive gold sinks. Whale - sells token. New consumer - goes broke.

See what I mean? Even if the negative reaction to these decisions was unintentional, its important to note that the law of unintended consequences is always in effect when you change a system. The bigger the change/system, the more unpredictable the effects.

I hope they fix this somehow. Or at least address it. I love this silly game world and would hate to see it get sunset.

Honestly it hurts to look at it cause it's just a horrid cycle - I'm not sure how they can fix it.
10/22/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Thanen
it took 3 days to hit max level its not that hard.unless you are talking about the 1-120 leveling.

blizzard just wants your boost money they dont care if its hard to level from 1-120.

Read OP's post. Then read it again. I think you are missing the point.

Couldn't agree more with the OP. The autopilot and tediousness factors are intense.
I am suprised they dont have xp tokens in the game yet, that you can buy for gold and give you like a 50% xp boost buff you can put on a character that lasts until you hit 110.
Ok, so you admit the premise isn't that leveling is too hard, you're just burned out and bored with the method.

Lemme ask you, how are you leveling up? With the recent scaling and merge of past expansions like BC/Wrath and Cata/MoP, you can specifically pick and choose what areas you want to do, and ignore the ones that are frustrating to you.

Personally, I'm enjoying leveling my alts right now, since I do make a point to go back to the zones I haven't done in a long time, and not get too repetitive with the content. Also, with the way they have XP tuned, you level fairly quickly without feeling like a grinding chore.

You can also do stuff like BGs, dungeons, etc to break up the monotony as needed. I do think they should merge WoD into the Cata/MoP mix personally, since that's probably the least enjoyable for me. Legion remains VERY nice once you get your Artifacts.
See you in classic.