Things you will miss

Classic Discussion
I’m going to miss minimizing my map so I look at it and my character while auto running lol.
I'd say the ability to change the order of my characters on the character menu, but I'm pretty sure the #yeschanges crowd will win out on this critical QoL change.
Ya I imagine If blizz is rolling with 7.3.5 the map feature might actually be there. But if not it’s cool lol
What will I miss from current WoW?

OK, now that I've completed that list, would you like me to make a list of what I'm looking forward to in Classic? ;)
10/24/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Christhina

OK, now that I've completed that list, would you like me to make a list of what I'm looking forward to in Classic? ;)
I’m looking forward to it just as much as the next person but I imagine there is at least 1 small thing from retail you would actually not mind having.

Like this isn’t a change thread. I support no changes. Just sayin.
10/23/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Nurdan
I'd say the ability to change the order of my characters on the character menu, but I'm pretty sure the #yeschanges crowd will win out on this critical QoL change.

I suffer from OCD.. I would reroll a character if the order didnt seem right in the character screen... please blizzard, free me from this nightmare.
10/24/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Hatchmark
10/24/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Christhina

I’m looking forward to it just as much as the next person but I imagine there is at least 1 small thing from retail you would actually not mind having.

You're right, there is one QoL change I would like to see, but I suspect it might sneak it's way in anyway (hence I didn't mention it), and that is the ability to re-order the character login screen.

I felt though, that because that's part of the login and launch infrastructure, that is being based on the current version of the game, that we might get that anyway.

If not, it truly is a tiny price to pay for being able to play Classic :)
10/24/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Christhina
10/24/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Hatchmark
... I’m looking forward to it just as much as the next person but I imagine there is at least 1 small thing from retail you would actually not mind having.

You're right, there is one QoL change I would like to see, but I suspect it might sneak it's way in anyway (hence I didn't mention it), and that is the ability to re-order the character login screen.

I felt though, that because that's part of the login and launch infrastructure, that is being based on the current version of the game, that we might get that anyway.

If not, it truly is a tiny price to pay for being able to play Classic :)

This is already in the leaked classic wow demo. I've seen pics of it along with the restore char
I'll miss boomkin form druids riding on mechanostriders.

That's really about it.

For one thing, you can't mount in form. For another, I don't expect to see all that many boomkins.
Seeing low level quests above NPC heads.
i am probably one of the few people looking forward to classic who will miss dungeon finder. as an incredibly antisocial person, i don't necessarily grieve for the loss of community. i didn't think about it, but yeah, not being able to move characters around on the selection screen will be bothersome. queueing for battlegrounds will probably be more annoying as well.
I'm going to miss the barber shop. My ultimate fear is that I end up not liking how my character looks after leveling for a while and having no way to change it without rerolling.

I'm also going to miss the full screen scroll options menu we had from vanilla to BC, since it doesn't look like we are getting that in classic.
10/23/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Hatchmark
I’m going to miss minimizing my map so I look at it and my character while auto running lol.
Pshhh, you only miss that if you want to miss it. Even if Blizzard didn’t use the modern UI - addons will do it
dual spec...seriously.
10/24/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Zarkasticus
dual spec...seriously.

good call
Nothing.
Barbershop.
It depends on what we get api support wise.

Let's look at these two macros that do the same thing; start auto attack when I use an ability like sinister strike.

Vanilla:
/run if not AtkSpell then for AtkSlot = 12,72 do if IsAttackAction(AtkSlot) then AtkSpell = AtkSlot;end;end;end; if not IsCurrentAction(AtkSpell) then UseAction(AtkSpell);end;

Retail:
/startattack

I'll miss retail macros if we go back.
I'm not 100% sure they're reverting the mailing system back to what it was, but back then you had to manually mail things one at a time.

Just one of those things that irritates me when I'm trying to clean out my bags and send things to alts.
pvp That rewards something other than no lifing.