Penalizing people who play on PVE realms.

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I know realms don't exist anymore it's all sharding but the fact remains people on PVE realms choose to be on them to avoid pvp and to not be penalized for not participating in pvp. However with warmode, I'm effectively penalized for not being a pvp player. Players that play, as though they are on pvp realms get PVE rewards.

This isn't even taking account the gross faction unbalance that make war mode effectively horde mode. Thankfully I'm on an RP server but the server has been killed. It's really sad. It doesn't feel good to be penalized for being a PVE player.
Turn off warmode?
10/24/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Caerii
Turn off warmode?

that's what I do, it's effectivelly penalizing people who are PVE players.
If you are really being penalized, why is it that most alliance have warmode off?
10/24/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Resiean
Turn off warmode?

How are you penalized?
Turn off warmode?

No, it’s not.
If they took xp away from you then that would be a penalty. That fact that you are getting exactly the same as you would if there were PvP servers means no penalty.
10/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Gnomest
If you are really being penalized, why is it that most alliance have warmode off?

Because on non-rp realms it's skewed horde so heavily. It's not even fun.

10/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Caerii

No, it’s not.

Yeah it is. I picked a pve realm, I shouldn't be losing out on PVE bonuses because I'm not a pvper.
If you're on an RP server, you never were on a normal server.

People screamed and yelled about how sharding people from RP servers in with other servers was going to destroy their community, so they decided to keep each RP server separate.

If this was what you asked for, well, enjoy!

My server is dead to me as well.
Not getting rewarded because you dont want to put a effort and being penalised are not the same thing.
10/24/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
If you're on an RP server, you never were on a normal server.

People screamed and yelled about how sharding people from RP servers in with other servers was going to destroy their community, so they decided to keep each RP server separate.

If this was what you asked for, well, enjoy!

My server is dead to me as well.

I see other servers all the time. The community has been killed. All of the shadow council websites are down and there isn't anymore walk up rp. They did kill rp server community.
Turn off warmode?

How? Turn it off turn it on the rewards are so small it makes no difference and effects nothing
10/24/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Resiean
10/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Gnomest

Because on non-rp realms it's skewed horde so heavily. It's not even fun.

10/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Caerii

No, it’s not.

Yeah it is. I picked a pve realm, I shouldn't be losing out on PVE bonuses because I'm not a pvper.

Turn on warmode if you want the bonuses from warmode.
I will never turn war mode on and I don't feel penalized.
10/24/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Caerii

What I want is to not have PVE bonuses from PVP. I'm totally okay with PVP bonuses, just don't penalized pve'ers who only pve.
10/24/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Resiean

What I want is to not have PVE bonuses from PVP. I'm totally okay with PVP bonuses, just don't penalized pve'ers who only pve.

You're not being penalized. Experience isn't a PvE exclusive system, Conquest points are not a PvE system in any way, PvP talents are not a PvP system, and PvP achievements are not a PvE thing.

You're just not getting a bonus reward for no reason. But you're not being punished.

You are making a choice not to engage in one of the expansion's systems and as a result you are choosing to forfeit the bonus. No biggie. A lot of people do. Not wanting anyone else to have the reward is basically petty.

No one is being penalized lol the rewards are very very small and meaningless and the only reason you get a little extra in warmode is because it can take longer to get quests done
I'm making the choice to play a pve server I was never losing out for that choice in the past. I am now. That's penalizing people who choose pve servers there is no way around that.
10% increased rewards is such a small increase that it doesn't matter in the long run. The reason we get that extra amount is to make up for the fact we may be ganked or get bogged down in pvp combat.

Its a simple system, put in more effort, get more out. If you dont want to add the extra difficulty of pvp combat, then dont expect to get the same amount of rewards as someone who does.