Penalizing people who play on PVE realms.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
10/24/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Resiean
I'm making the choice to play a pve server I was never losing out for that choice in the past. I am now. That's penalizing people who choose pve servers there is no way around that.

You aren't being penalized for anything, the whole point of warmode is to keep world PVP alive and inspire people to participate in world PVP who might not otherwise.
10/24/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Resiean
10/24/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Caerii
Turn off warmode?

that's what I do, it's effectivelly penalizing people who are PVE players.

Is it really penalizing people when you're under the assumption people in war mode will be camped?

How much time do you think they lose every time they die?
10/24/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
I'm making the choice to play a pve server I was never losing out for that choice in the past. I am now. That's penalizing people who choose pve servers there is no way around that.

You aren't being penalized for anything, the whole point of warmode is to keep world PVP alive and inspire people to participate in world PVP who might not otherwise.

Name an expansion in the past where I would miss out on a 10% buff because I choose PVE servers over PVP servers?
10/24/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Resiean
It doesn't feel good to be penalized for being a PVE player.

You do know that WM-enabled players get penalized too: ganking, opportunistic kills, etc.

A 10% reward is so small that I rather lose that than raise my blood pressure.
10/24/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Resiean

Name an expansion in the past where I would miss out on a 10% buff because I choose PVE servers over PVP servers?

It's a new feature to which I just explained why it was implemented if you can't handle marking for PVP to obtain the bonus that's a you problem not an anyone else problem.
10/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Panoptes
You do know that WM-enabled players get penalized too: ganking, opportunistic kills, etc.

You realize that isn't a penalization that's world pvp.

Name an expansion in the past where I would lose a 10% buff for choosing to play on a pve server. Can you?

The 10% increased rewards is a carrot. It's there not only to make up for time spent pvping, but also to encourage people to try something new that they would never have done before. This is a good thing for blizzard to do. I wish they would add in more bonuses to encourage people to try other things in the game.
However with warmode, I'm effectively penalized for not being a pvp player.

You have it backwards. The 10% extra xp that PVPers get in warmode isn't to punish people who choose to not use warmode; it's compensation for the PVPers who will overall get less questing done than PVEers in the same amount of time due to having to deal with PVP combat, dying, rezzing, etc.

I hate PVP; avoid it at all costs. 10% extra xp is nowhere near enough compensation to get me to turn it on. If you enjoy PVP, rock on; I hope the 10% extra xp helps because I can't imagine questing under those conditions. If you don't enjoy PVP, keep warmode off. You're really not missing out on anything.

No it's not. This is a child's mindset.

Blizzard has set out a reward for people who opt-in to a specific system they designed and want people to participate in. You are not being punished if you choose not to opt-in and thus don't get the rewards.

If a store offers a rewards program where I get points towards free gift cards every time I make a purchase, and I choose not to enroll in the program, I'm not being punished when I don't get the points and gift cards.

If there's a contest to win a free vacation, and I choose not to enter the contest, I'm not being punished when I'm not given a free vacation.

If the teacher at school offers extra credit homework, and I choose not to do the homework, I'm not being punished when I don't get the extra credit.

You have never been punished by the warmode system, because it doesn't take anything away from you. It only provides rewards to those who choose to participate.
I know realms don't exist anymore it's all sharding but the fact remains people on PVE realms choose to be on them to avoid pvp and to not be penalized for not participating in pvp. However with warmode, I'm effectively penalized for not being a pvp player. Players that play, as though they are on pvp realms get PVE rewards.

This isn't even taking account the gross faction unbalance that make war mode effectively horde mode. Thankfully I'm on an RP server but the server has been killed. It's really sad. It doesn't feel good to be penalized for being a PVE player.

A reward for other players is not equal to a penalty for you, that's not how rewards work.
Oh my God. Every time Blizzard gives some group of players something, the other groups freaking rise out of holes in the ground "We're being punished for playing the way we do"

Why can't you just let some people, who play a certain way, enjoy the benefits of it, be it raiding, pvp, or what have you? Get over yourself.

Warmode is available on PVE servers. You're not being penalized for playing a PVE server.
It's funny how many people are saying "you aren't being penalized" as if the semantics of the word chosen are important.

You can call it what you like; penalty, bonus, offset, reward, perk, it doesn't matter.

The end result with the current implementation is that horde get 10% more resources from world quests than alliance in most cases. 10% is not insignificant or unnoticable.

I don't care all that much. I had warmode on for the first few weeks when the alliance still felt populated, but it's definitely not worth the bother now. For the bonus to actually incentivise both sides, it needs to scale with the relative difficulty each side faces in the fight. Right now horde get 10% increased reward for 1% increased difficulty, while alliance get 10% increased reward for 90% increased difficulty.
I read the first post and all I hear in my head is the "wa wa wha wa" sound of Charlie Brown's teacher.
Your 120 why would you want everyone to suffer because you choose to pvp.Beside what else is there other than honor farming at that level.
Can we all take a minute to acknowledge that he's complaining about a 10% bonus to influence people to mark for PVP that normally wouldn't and saying it's unfair yet people that don't PVE heavily or full time miss out on tons of stuff from mounts to pets to titles and much more.
10/24/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Kineological
It's funny how many people are saying "you aren't being penalized" as if the semantics of the word chosen are important.

You can call it what you like; penalty, bonus, offset, reward, perk, it doesn't matter.

The end result with the current implementation is that horde get 10% more resources from world quests than alliance in most cases. 10% is not insignificant or unnoticable.

I don't care all that much. I had warmode on for the first few weeks when the alliance still felt populated, but it's definitely not worth the bother now. For the bonus to actually incentivise both sides, it needs to scale with the relative difficulty each side faces in the fight. Right now horde get 10% increased reward for 1% increased difficulty, while alliance get 10% increased reward for 90% increased difficulty.

It's not just about semantics because it in no way shape or form punishes anyone. The issue you're having is not something that Blizzard can, or should, fix.

If you want to PVP, get some friends and guild mates and turn warmode on.
OP, your logic is highly flawed. A bonus for doing specific content is NOT a penalty for those who choose not to do that content. By your logic, I'm being penalized for not doing mythics because the players doing those get rewards I'm not getting.

I'd like to think you're just a troll and not truly as cognitively challenged as this thread makes you look.
10/24/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Resiean
Name an expansion in the past where I would lose a 10% buff for choosing to play on a pve server. Can you?

Ah, so we resort to goalpost moving now? Weak but sure, I'll take you on:

Answer: None. You are NOT being penalized for not having WM enabled, you are being rewarded for having it enabled, you know, as a incentive.

But since we are resorting to asking stupid questions, let's play the game: name an expansion in the past where being in a PvP server gave you a 10% bonus.

/thread
10/24/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Resiean
10/24/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Caerii
Turn on warmode if you want the bonuses from warmode.

What I want is to not have PVE bonuses from PVP. I'm totally okay with PVP bonuses, just don't penalized pve'ers who only pve.

Just WHAT PVE bonus are you talking about here?

Experience? At 120 who gives a flying.....
Gold? Warmode gives 11 gold for a quest where I get 10. Give me a sec. <runs outside to check if sky is falling> puff... puff... nope sky not falling.
War Resources? Same deal as gold.

Seriously mate.... You are REALLY barking up the wrong tree. (And you're not even a Worgen)