mysterious sylvanas supporter

Story Forum
"Don't act so surprised. We both know the Banshee Queen has always been capable of tactics like these. As she's so fond of saying, they are the arrows in her quiver.
This changes nothing for me... or for what I need to do."
who do you think says this, i wanna say nathanos, but my gut is saying rexxar. what about you
Baine
Because he needs a way to dig his hole deeper.
10/29/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Ninh
Baine
Because he needs a way to dig his hole deeper.
he has a different voiceline, which is pretty hostile to sylvanas
Is this really a Sylvanas supporter? All this person is saying is "I expected this of her and it doesn't change my plans." Hell, WE expected this of her, and a lot of us still hate her.
My initial guess was Nathanos. But at the same time, this is not a saying that is favorable to the Forsaken, and Nathanos would probably not like the saying because of that.

Last time we saw Sylvanas use this phrase was in Egde of Night when Lydon asked her what they were going to do about Garithos and his soldiers that were helping them retake the capital:

"But what of the humans?" a young alchemist asked as the din faded. Sylvanas recognized him from the previous night's fighting. A cool intelligence flickered in his eye sockets: Lydon was his name. Already he'd come to embrace his situation, referring to humans as if they were a separate race; she made a mental note to make use of him.

"The humans will serve their purpose," she answered, her mind already calculating. "They believe they are liberating the city. Let them fight on our behalf and spend themselves for our gain. They are"—she stumbled upon an analogy she'd used before—"arrows in our quiver."

The heaving mass of undead clapped and coughed and hacked gleefully in assent. Sylvanas regarded the whole mob coldly. And so are you, she thought to herself.

Deathisfinal guessed Cromush, Garona, or Etrigg, which all sound like solid possibilities to me.
Garona perhaps? We don't see any lines from her and she should be one of those that should have some comment on the Derek issue (considering what Cho made her do). She already pretty much stated that she was conscripted into the Horde (under implied threat of fanatics), and we really don't know what her goals are beyond that.

Outside of her ... Cromush? Eitrigg?
Maybe Lor'themar?

Lor'themar plays his cards close to his chest, and in 8.1 it is revealed that Sylvanas is raising Blood Elves as Dark Rangers. I could see him having a response like this. It's neither in support of Sylvanas nor anything she could consider treasonous, which is Lor'themar's style. Close to the chest. Subtle. Maybe a bit passive aggressive? He is definatly the sort to wait for the opportune moment.
It has to be someone on the boat, which is where all the character seem centralized.

This leads me to believe it's either Garona or Cromush.
10/29/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Akiyass
Maybe Lor'themar?

Lor'themar plays his cards close to his chest, and in 8.1 it is revealed that Sylvanas is raising Blood Elves as Dark Rangers. I could see him having a response like this. It's neither in support of Sylvanas nor anything she could consider treasonous, which is Lor'themar's style. Close to the chest. Subtle. Maybe a bit passive aggressive? He is definatly the sort to wait for the opportune moment.
was lor'themar at the place when derek was raised?
Garona, without a doubt.
Ji Firepaw. He's going to end this before he ends up nearly executed in Orgrimmar again.
and in 8.1 it is revealed that Sylvanas is raising Blood Elves as Dark Rangers.

Hasn't she only raised like one blood elf in 8.1?
10/29/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Withpuppys
Maybe Lor'themar?

was lor'themar at the place when derek was raised?

No idea. Probably not. I think he should have at least a few similar voice lines though. I can't see him being okay with everything Sylvanas is doing, but I can see him being more subtle about it than Saurfang and Baine.

10/29/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Azsharin
and in 8.1 it is revealed that Sylvanas is raising Blood Elves as Dark Rangers.

Hasn't she only raised like one blood elf in 8.1?

That we know of. But if she did that, is it hard to believe she'd do that with any fallen Horde?
Maybe Lor'themar?

Lor'themar wasn't there I don't think ... he and the BE forces have been rather absent so far. I get the feeling they'll start taking a more critical role in 8.2 and beyond (which is why I think the choice of putting their "Heritage Armor" quest-line in 8.1 was deliberate timing). Its a call-back to BE core motivations as a people.

"The Fall of Quel'thalas" was a fundamental part of BE history, its been rather disappointing that they've had no real response to essentially being made accessories to doing that same type of act against another people (even IF their relations with the NEs were frigid and judgmental).

Lor'themar admits that he and his people will never forget the sacrifices Sylvanas made for them when she was Ranger General of Quel'thalas, he however never implies that he does not notice what she has become and what she has done. When he takes action ... I'm not convinced it will be on Sylvie's side.
My first thought was Garona, but these words don't necessarily mean support.

The other way to look at it is, this person isn't as naive to Sylvanas' ways as some new Horde members, and this Derek thing did nothing to lower their already really low opinion of her. And if it's Garona, 'what I need to do' could be assassinating Sylvanas if needed.
Lorthemar is an interesting suggestion.

Lorthemar, Liadrin, Garona, Eitrigg, Thalyssra, Crommush, Rexxar, Gallywix.

Basically the best of the Horde.

But the quote is not Pro-Sylvanas. Sylvanas merely lines up with the person's motivations for now.
Lor'themar is in Silvermoon when all of this is happening.

All of the non-major NPCs we got lines for were NPCs from the ship, so it's probably one of the Orcs there. I'm leaning toward Garona myself.

Also, it's not supportive. They're just not surprised at what Sylvanas is capable of.
Im putting my money on Cromush. I feel like he would say something like that since he’s pretty used to Forsaken stuff like this after being stationed up in Lordearon for such a long time. Being involved in 2 Forsaken campaigns, Silverpine and Hillsbrad.(3, if you count Gilneas as an individual campaign, tho ive always considered Silverpine and Gilneas as going hand-in-hand)

Not to mention that i believe he may have actually been there with Garrosh when Sylvanas started to coin that phrase during “The edge of night” story since this occured during the Gilneas campaign.
It's gotta be people that're on the Banshee's Wail. So prob's Garona. Also maybe Lorash, because he's coming back as undead.
10/29/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Pyrogar
Im putting my money on Cromush. I feel like he would say something like that since he’s pretty used to Forsaken stuff like this after being stationed up in Lordearon for such a long time. Being involved in 2 Forsaken campaigns, Silverpine and Hillsbrad.(3, if you count Gilneas as an individual campaign, tho ive always considered Silverpine and Gilneas as going hand-in-hand)
I'm pretty sure Cromush is just a Forsaken wearing an orc skinsuit at this point.