Pride of the Sin'dorei Questline Review

Story Forum
Pride of the Sin'dorei is name of the Blood Elf Heritage Questline and I thought Blizz should get a praise for making this awesome questline as it's obvious they made it with love and care!

Depicting Novella events into the game seemed like a hardwork and could give inaccurate portrayal if not handled carefully as shown by War of Thorns. But surprisingly, Devs not only depicted the events from Novella into the game very carefully and accurate but they also mixed it with elements of WC3, WoW and made it whole.

They didn't forget to include prominent Dark Rangers like Velonara and Cyndia before they fell and It was really nice to see characters that only existed in the Novella like Galell, Vandellor, Belo'vir and Falon.

For those who wants to see them shown in-game:
https://imgur.com/a/bjGQYG0

Blood of the Highborne is my most favorite Novella as Blood Elf fan and I can't thank enough Blizz for depicting it into the game so splendidly. It was an awesome experience!
10/30/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Dawnsong
Velonara

Ayyy.

She's one of those incredibly minor characters that I love to see.

10/30/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Dawnsong
Vandellor, Belo'vir

Man I didn't think we'd get to see them, that's awesome.

The two defender characters are interesting. I wonder why bother to name them?
I always wanted to see Vandellor, and learn more about him as well. Seems like he was the head of Quel'Thalas' light wielders. I imagine we could have learned a lot from a character like him, such as when the High Elves began to wield the Light, whether or not it was due to interacting with humans, or if they found it on their own after abandoning the worship of Elune. It would've also been a good opportunity to see how the Priests of Quel'Thalas differed from those of the Human Kingdoms. Were Quel'Thalas' priests also part of the Church of the Holy Light, or their own thing? I've always imagined they were their own thing.
My level 110 Blood Elf Paladin is exalted with Silvermoon...but my Warlock started as a Troll, and is only Honored.

Any word on the requirements? 120 and Exalted I imagine. Looks like I either have to level my Pally or grind rep on my lock. QQ.

Maybe the account bound rep changes will apply.
10/30/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Cursewords
120 and Exalted

Thats what ya need right there. Im in the same boat friend between race changed folks and ones still leveling. Throw on the Silvermoon Tabard, mog it of course, and run some dungeons. It'll help with rep
10/30/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Abrahof
120 and Exalted

Thats what ya need right there. Im in the same boat friend between race changed folks and ones still leveling. Throw on the Silvermoon Tabard, mog it of course, and run some dungeons. It'll help with rep

Just to be clear, the whole "level from 1-120" crap is just the Allied Races heritage armor right?

Because eventually this draenei could end up human again and I'd rather not have screwed myself out of a heritage armor by race changing every other expansion.
Isn't rep going sort of account widish in 8.1 or am I remembering that wrong?

Anyway, credit where credit is due, this quest does look amazing.
My level 110 Blood Elf Paladin is exalted with Silvermoon...but my Warlock started as a Troll, and is only Honored.

Any word on the requirements? 120 and Exalted I imagine. Looks like I either have to level my Pally or grind rep on my lock. QQ.

Maybe the account bound rep changes will apply.

I would grab the Silvermoon tabard for your warlock and run the Mechanar dungeon over and over until you hit Exalted. Far quicker than going 110 to 120. If you kill all mobs, you get around 2500 rep, I think.

It's not a huge dungeon, and there's an exit at the end that takes you back to the main entrance.
Thanks for the info. Looks like another rep to grind before 8.1 that I already have exalted on another character.

I mean, I really SHOULD be Exalted with Silvermoon on my highest level Blood Elf. It is long overdue.

This quest chain looks awesome. It is a highlight of BfA for me so far.
10/30/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Ximothy
The two defender characters are interesting. I wonder why bother to name them?
Possible future non-Dark Ranger Undead Elves? I don't see any other reason for it.

I also saw Wowhead datamined Captain Thalanor who should've been present during first attack of Arthas but I couldn't find him.
I'm with you, it was great, right down to little details. For all my gripes with BfA's story, these heritage quests have been fantastic so far.
It was pretty awesome and tragic. You inevitably die in every flashback scenario and Dead Scar is filled more corpses the further you go up which shows the horror of event nicely. At the very end, after Arthas comes at the doorstep of Sunwell, your last act is "For Anasterian!" :')

One of the best questline ever made!
Quest line was great, just wish the set was class neutral. its such an obvious caster set and even with the non robe version the legs and boots are just cloth boots, not armored pieces for like a warrior or hunter
10/31/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Jardz
Quest line was great, just wish the set was class neutral. its such an obvious caster set and even with the non robe version the legs and boots are just cloth boots, not armored pieces for like a warrior or hunter

I thought it was spellbreaker armor. Did they change it?
10/30/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Daiza
10/30/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Abrahof

Just to be clear, the whole "level from 1-120" crap is just the Allied Races heritage armor right?
Currently, yes, because they weren't tracking whether or not older races were leveled legitimately vs. being boosted or changed. No word as to whether this will be the same for future heritage armor sets.
10/30/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Syriyna

Global rep achievements are becoming account wide but not rep itself.

If you're exalted with Silvermoon on your belf and then switch to your non-exalted Troll, it still counts Silvermoon as being exalted for the purpose of 100 rep achievement.

Any reputation perks do not carry over.
10/31/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Tewdee
10/30/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Syriyna

Global rep achievements are becoming account wide but not rep itself.

If you're exalted with Silvermoon on your belf and then switch to your non-exalted Troll, it still counts Silvermoon as being exalted for the purpose of 100 rep achievement.

Any reputation perks do not carry over.
Except for reputation requirements for transmog, which are being removed.