100 islands expeditions..

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Here's the result:

https://imgur.com/a/X2cIdHr

the addon only tracks items like transmogs,pets and plundered weapons.. not the ap quests or dubloons satchel.
all of the runs were done by queing randoms (normal difficulty) some groups were good others were really bad..

Conlusion: suffer at your own risk by farming this and I strongly believe they reverted the drop rate buff.. the drop rate seems really bad if from 100 islands only 23 times I got something useful then the drop rate is really low but I really want squawks and the mogu mount so it's going to be a long journey here..
Well 23/100 is about a 1/4 chance at loot and that is better than what I have seen. I maybe get an item every 10-20 islands (not joking).

There's some people out there that have run like 2k island expeditions and haven't gotten a mount yet...
10/30/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Vitzix
Well 23/100 is about a 1/4 chance at loot and that is better than what I have seen. I maybe get an item every 10-20 islands (not joking).

There's some people out there that have run like 2k island expeditions and haven't gotten a mount yet...

you think 1/4 is good drop rate?

I personally think it's really bad considering how repetitive this feature is..

and regarding the mounts well.. yeah they love to put mounts on very very low chances..
23% is waaaay above what I have observed. I leveled one alt about 5 levels in normals, and I clear my azerite quest on 5 120's...have gotten a few pets.
Only done about 200ish islands, take or give a few. Don't really farm them on alts or leveled with them but do them with mates when they wanna cap them out fast so I do a bit.

No mounts yet but dozens of pets, mogs and other stuff. I'd say you absolutely do get something every 2-3 islands but it's typically an Azerite or rep item or a mog. Very rarely you get a pet but no mounts yet.
10/31/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Zascha
23% is waaaay above what I have observed. I leveled one alt about 5 levels in normals, and I clear my azerite quest on 5 120's...have gotten a few pets.

this was my personal case to me 1/4 seems way lower for how repetitive the content is.. the mounts and the invasions are all RNG tied which makes things worse don't you think?

10/31/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Risky
Only done about 200ish islands, take or give a few. Don't really farm them on alts or leveled with them but do them with mates when they wanna cap them out fast so I do a bit.

No mounts yet but dozens of pets, mogs and other stuff. I'd say you absolutely do get something every 2-3 islands but it's typically an Azerite or rep item or a mog. Very rarely you get a pet but no mounts yet.

I did level some alts by doing islands only.. I got some mog pieces and couple plundered weapons.. not counting with the ap and dubloons..

I did this to "test" the drop rate in my situation.. the rest is open to speculation or conclusions I know other people might be luckier than me or having worse luck than me.. it shouldnt be that way you explore some random island you should get something for it.. you're already getting azerite for it.
I'm over 2000 runs and no mount. Feels good!
Yeah these mounts have stupid low drop rates like "Sha of Anger low".

I honestly think the Sha of Anger designed the loot drops in island expeditions.

I can only imaging him going: *Mocking laugh with condescending tone* "Does that make you angry".

Yes, yes it does.

Sha of Anger: He rose from a lowly npc making players angry in MoP with his low drop rate of that awesome mount... To becoming a top developer at Blizzard HQ.

"He's working as intended" -Nameless Member of the Blizzard Development Team.
10/31/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Sarrlock

I honestly think the Sha of Anger designed the loot drops in island expeditions.

[/quote]

I feel more like it was done by the Sha of Disappointment. You get that Mogu invasion you've been after over and over, you've finally been bunched in with two other poor souls who want the mounts because your own friends and family aren't into it enough to farm with you. There you are, slaughtering the right enemies, doing what you know needs done, maybe there'll be a chance, a hope. You kill the whole of the invasion then... Nothing. Really takes the wind out of your sails.

I desperately hope the doubloon vendor sells the mounts that exist.
I went from level 110 to 120 Pure island expeditions Normal difficulty. Just few pets/xmog.

Few weeks ago i decided to do Mythic Islands, got Parrot mount Squawks on second run that night. No invasion event, just found 1 random rare pirate.

I know people say difficulty has no say on drops rate. But i think it does.
Island expeditions are the !@#$tiest grindfest content. The first week I did weeklys on two characters but quickly realised it was totally %^-*ing pointless for me when 1. ap grind is not fun, 2 pets i coudlnt give two !@#$s about, 3 transmog items i couldnt give a rats %^- about, does anything else drop from this?

In legion I would farm chests for currency to buy loot, and a chance at legendaries while also getting AP. This was enjoyable for a few hours at least. Throw in some rare farms which also dropped currency, plus chance at lego, plus chance at mount. Had a little bit of variety. So im not against doing repetitive tasks.

But, THE REWARD HAS TO BE WORTH IT

island expeditions are a total fail. Blizzard must realize this and not give a flying *!@#. At this point it seems apparent its just about milking more timed played from each player with the least about of development required.
10/30/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Vitzix

Greetings traveler!
I finally managed to get the one item I wanted from this content - Squawks.
I farmed hundreds of islands after the loot "buff" a while back.

Oddly enough it seems to me like normal was the best difficulty to farm because I could use a twink alt and invasions spawned much more frequently. I did try a few heroics but they dragged on forever and I usually ended up with only quest items.

My method was:
Get a twink alt to level 111, give him 2 bis legion legendaries, gear him with 111 crafted gear with bis stats, give him 2/3 piece azerite gear, and farm normal islands like crazy. I recommend an OP class or a hunter/druid.

I often told the group I was scouting and I would rejoin them afterwards. MY twink was powerful enough to solo at least 1/3 of an island and a few times I soloed 4 packs of invasion mobs with rares and the enemy team and won lol.

I ran countless island expeditions on that twink and ended up with:
-Surf jelly, Qinshos eternal hound, squawks
-That kobold candle toy, that trogg toy, and that Oomgut toy
-18 pets
-And all but 3 quest items.

Hope that helps you guys.
11/09/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Sarrlock
Qinshos eternal hound,

Sold. Brb, making twink for islands.
I use this toon for running normal expeditions. I can take on half the island or more and live. I have 0 mounts. I just want my murloc pet.
11/09/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Potentium
I use this toon for running normal expeditions. I can take on half the island or more and live. I have 0 mounts. I just want my murloc pet.

Well I don't think the coldlight surfrunner drops from this content as it is currently implemented. As of yet nobody has confirmed anything from any of the isles drop it.

As for the mounts well they are rare. I didn't get my 1st until about the 200 island mark. Make sure you kill the right mobs for the mounts such as pirates for squawks etc.

I usually pull the lucrative mobs to the mini-invasion at the start of the scenario, rejoin the other players to kill the azerite elementals until the 2,800-3,200 mark, let the enemy team catch up, and then farm the invasion mobs or other mobs if the invasion is a crummy one.

Edit: The strategy I listed was for normal difficulty.
Blizzard does not care, you already paid so they really do not care