What build are you going in Classic?

Warlock
Not going to play classic.
11/01/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Tragik

This is the reality of warlocks in Vanilla.
Only warriors tank
Only priests heal
Only rogues, mages, warriors, and hunters DPS.

Druids are there to Innervate the priest. Otherwise they can AFK.

Pallies are there to roll blessings and AFK.

Locks are there to debuff for the mages, give the tanks healthstones and AFK.

If it is any different it isn't truly classic.

Hey now! That's not entirely fair!

They need 4 of us for Garr so we can banish then AFK...

Be prepared to spend a lot of time farming shard bag mats in felwood so you can store shards for your healthstones.

Holy crap... I'd forgotten about that.

Also... be prepared to be a free HK... cause you're the worse class in the game...

Kinda like right now in BFA actually.

You forgot imp positioning for stam buffs.
11/04/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Dracomagi

Only warriors tank
Only priests heal
Only rogues, mages, warriors, and hunters DPS.

Druids are there to Innervate the priest. Otherwise they can AFK.

Pallies are there to roll blessings and AFK.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time farming shard bag mats in felwood so you can store shards for your healthstones.

Also... be prepared to be a free HK... cause you're the worse class in the game...

The overpowered warlock in BC was direct overcompensation for the garbage lock of Vanilla. ISB mechanics not only made us overpowered Shadow Bolt spammers, but encouraged bringing more warlocks, because more warlocks meant more ISB uptime. Lol.
11/05/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Tragik

The overpowered warlock in BC was direct overcompensation for the garbage lock of Vanilla. ISB mechanics not only made us overpowered Shadow Bolt spammers, but encouraged bringing more warlocks, because more warlocks meant more ISB uptime. Lol.

Nah... we were fine in BC...

I mean... I tanked a 10 man raid boss for the last 30% of its life after the MT died...

But we were fine.

Oh! Which reminds me!

Be prepared to have no way to drop your insane amount of aggro despite not putting out the amount of damage such aggro would warrant.
11/05/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Dracomagi

Nah... we were fine in BC...

I mean... I tanked a 10 man raid boss for the last 30% of its life after the MT died...

But we were fine.

Oh! Which reminds me!

Be prepared to have no way to drop your insane amount of aggro despite not putting out the amount of damage such aggro would warrant.

Haha yeah. We had a dump it was called soul stone yourself. Roflmao
Hope you guys remember how God-awful locks were in classic. It was very unfun.
11/01/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Ojoverde
Affliction SL-SL all the way.

SM RUIN for me.
11/05/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Alerka
Hope you guys remember how God-awful locks were in classic. It was very unfun.

I remember it easily... I'm being reminded of it every time I log into BFA
11/04/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Dracomagi

This was true in blues but an AQ geared lock was a one shotting terror in BGs and could win a duel against virtually any class with seduce.
I mained a mage in Vanilla but I remember that 30/0/21 SM Ruin was the main build for Warlocks in Vanilla in early raids.

7/21/23 Demonic Sac replaced it in AQ/Naxx with better gear.

Regardless of the spec, COS/COE and Shadowbolt spam all day.
SM/Ruin is not viable for raiding. There are a very limited number of debuff slots meaning you cant put corruption on raid targets without negatively impacting your entire raid. Without shadow trance procs the spec does significantly lower dps than DS/Ruin
11/07/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Buffplz
SM/Ruin is not viable for raiding. There are a very limited number of debuff slots meaning you cant put corruption on raid targets without negatively impacting your entire raid. Without shadow trance procs the spec does significantly lower dps than DS/Ruin

?can you explain why more dots is bad?
None because I’m going to continue to play the most modern , trending , up to date WoW, lol.
11/07/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Sathrago
11/07/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Buffplz

?can you explain why more dots is bad?

Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): There is no longer a limit on the amount of debuffs a target can have on them at any time.
The Burning Crusade Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Debuff slot limit increased to 40.
WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): The icons of negative effects that appear on the player now have a color to indicate their type. Curse is purple, disease is yellow, poison is green and magic is blue. In addition when a party member is struck by one of these four types of negative effects, their portrait will pulse the appropriate color for 30 seconds or until the effect is removed.
WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): The debuff limit has been increased to 16 (from 8). In addition, the client will now display all 16 debuffs.

Debuff Limits. Which were better used by rogues and firemages than anybody else. I believe the debuffs will be limited to 16 in classic. Meaning locks, again, are complete junk.
Holy hell lol that's an odd mechanic.
11/07/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Sathrago

It wasn't a mechanic. It was a technical limitation. I don't know why they wouldn't ditch it to be honest.

The debuff the raid will want from you, and they have to assign it, is Curse of Weakness which as noted is basically our main purpose at raiding!
11/07/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Tragik

It wasn't a mechanic. It was a technical limitation. I don't know why they wouldn't ditch it to be honest.

at the classic q&a they already confirmed that the debuff limit is staying.
11/08/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Magilou

The debuff the raid will want from you, and they have to assign it, is Curse of Weakness which as noted is basically our main purpose at raiding!
I thought they wanted us for curse of elements?