These frost nerfs are brutal

Mage
I recently picked up my neglected lvl 80 mage and got him up to 105. Been really enjoying leveling frost as I can aoe pull and level fast.

I was planning on my mage being my fifth max level toon, but with these upcoming changes, I have no motivation to even continue leveling him.

They are seriously destroying any form of fun with this class. I don't like arcane or fire, so this really sucks.

RIP frost.
Yeah the best AoE spec getting their AoE tuned down and their single target tuned up means that they are 100% useless. Sure.
They really aren't :/
11/02/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Zhamoza
Yeah the best AoE spec getting their AoE tuned down and their single target tuned up means that they are 100% useless. Sure.

What are you talking about? No mage seiously cares about the damage redistribution. It's the snare duration that's been murdered that's the issue. Yes, it's not nerfs, it's cold blooded murder. Even if Blizz doesn't go through with these idiotic nerfs they have lost all my faith in them for thinking this was a good idea.
Why does some slight aoe tunning and snare balancing make you not want to continue leveling? The play style is exactly the same, they're still going to be good.

How is our single target getting tuned up?
11/02/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Kalcifer
It's the snare duration that's been murdered that's the issue. Yes, it's not nerfs, it's cold blooded murder.
I think you're confusing murder with balance.
We got an overall dps increase of about 1%. It was the 2% damage decrease in the notes ti went from 24%damage decreased to 22%damage decrease which was and over damage increase. And if you think about it the spell nerfs on blizzard and frozen orb were just to bring them in line with the overall damage increase. It is the slows that most are however worried about.
Do you pvp with frost ? If you did you'd realize it's not gonna be a good change at all and frost will die quickly . I mean all these nerfs weren't even necessary . Even the AOE ones . The snare nerfs are gonna destroy the class . They cut the snares way to much . Frost mage pvp will be garbage now .
Is there a snare change I’m not seeing? It looks like the AoE snares are being nerfed, but frostbolt is still going to be a full 50%/65%. They’re just nerfing the passive full snare from all of your spells

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please, just stop.
They are brutal , it’s a fact
All the big aoe specs are eating a nerf though...
11/03/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Moonuredps

Except for the Blue post saying the AoE nerfs for melee would be reverted, leaving Frost the only spec getting nerfed.
11/03/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Majyka
11/03/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Moonuredps

Except for the Blue post saying the AoE nerfs for melee would be reverted, leaving Frost the only spec getting nerfed.

Correct but if you read the whole thing the blue also said those classes were ahead by a bit too much, so they reverted the nerf.

I assume they will be nerfed again but on a smaller scale as like the blue said those melee are supposed to be the top aoe burst.
The only people who really should be worried about the changes should be arena mages. Arguably this will be a great thing for frost PvP in the long run. It will force blizz to take another look at Frost pvp kits like Concentrated Coolness and either buff it or make it freakin baseline and replace it with something else. Sure as the way it is will force everyone to hate playing frost in pvp but something is more than likely to change to balancing it back out. You have to admit that 15 second slows on anyone just being tagged by Blizzard is a bit over the top. Not to mention there were no real changes to Cone of Cold which is our BEST aoe slow anyway. Everything else are just minor differences.
Frost mages are insane in M+ and PVP they need some control nerfs. They should buff their single target though.
11/04/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Vaelistrasz
The only people who really should be worried about the changes should be arena mages. Arguably this will be a great thing for frost PvP in the long run. It will force blizz to take another look at Frost pvp kits like Concentrated Coolness and either buff it or make it freakin baseline and replace it with something else. Sure as the way it is will force everyone to hate playing frost in pvp but something is more than likely to change to balancing it back out. You have to admit that 15 second slows on anyone just being tagged by Blizzard is a bit over the top. Not to mention there were no real changes to Cone of Cold which is our BEST aoe slow anyway. Everything else are just minor differences.

It doesn't force them to do anything. Frost mages will disappear and they'll be given nothing until next expac. It's taken Blizzard all this time to give warlocks even a pity buff so I hold no hope for mages getting anything in return for these brutal snare nerfs.
Frost will still be fine.

You all just overreacting....the sky isnt falling....

The nerfs to your slows were 100% justified from a pve perspective.