Suckfangs transformation

General Discussion
11/03/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Alamarius
Like it or not Sylvanas is fighting for the horde

She fights for herself. Her only goal is to not die. She doesn't care about the lives of the people of the horde. Quite the opposite. She sees more value in their deaths. She doesn't want loyalty, she wants obedience.
and your hair looks like crap.

You crossed the line. You never insult a blood elf's hair. I will REEEEEEEEEEEEE all over this thread if I have to.
11/03/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Alamarius
11/03/2018 02:20 AMPosted by Tymberlea
If you cannot see that Saurfang is remaining consistent to his established values, and that it is Sylvanas who has gone way over the line, I don't know what to tell you, except that you have failed to understand the story being told.
I have always understood Saurfangs "values", I also understand that they're garbage if they are costing the horde thousands of lives due to his "honorable" poor choices.

Sylvanas values and choices caused those deaths in the first place. Loyalty to the leader is not loyalty to the cause.
Her dishonorable choices have led to far more death than Saurfang's choice to not follow her.
Betraying the current warchief.

Literal definition of a traitor.

Whether it's the ways of the old horde or Sylvanas, who cares. Ya'll talk like this is rl politics or something, it's an rpg. It doesn't exist. I can side with evil if I fu**in want to. You can list all of Sylvana's crimes against of humanity, and I will keep stanning her. I'll cry "yaaaaas kween weeeerk!" while z-snapping and LIVING for her flawless walk down the runway, made of night elf skulls. She's fierce and fabulous and your faves could never.

If it wasn't obvious before, it's like 200% obvious now with "Lost Honor" they're trying to make us go down a SoO 2.0 route, and ugh, please no. I'll quit first, this is dumb af. My only hope left is that there IS a rebellion, and it FAILS. That would be so satisfying and make up for this horrid plot.
I'd back Saurfangs if he had ever actually offered solutions to the events that lead to his split from the Horde. Crying about the use of the blight when a joint Alliance force is kicking in your front door and not offering an actual alternative is beyond lame.

Then he goes and sulks in Stormwind until Anduin let's him go free. For someone so concerned about his honor and his Horde, he spends a lot of time just sitting around doing nothing. He did it with Garrosh and then he did it with Sylvanas.
I don't understand how Horde players can support a leader who used chemical warfare that killed her own people as well as the enemy without a moment's hesitation. There wasn't the smallest bit of honour in that, it was the act of someone for whom the life of her own faction members meant less than nothing.

Is that supposed to be honorable? I personally want nothing to do with such a Warchief. I'd support Varok Saurfang for Warchief in a moment. I'd even contribute gold.

Can't believe I said that....
11/03/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Krysteen
I don't understand how Horde players can support a leader who used chemical warfare that killed her own people as well as the enemy without a moment's hesitation. There wasn't the smallest bit of honour in that, it was the act of someone for whom the life of her own faction members meant less than nothing.

Is that supposed to be honorable? I personally want nothing to do with such a Warchief. I'd support Varok Saurfang for Warchief in a moment. I'd even contribute gold.

Which is better, a handful of horde die by accidental exposure to blight, so the Alliance can suffer far worse casualties. OR, the Alliance wins the battle and puts everyone to the sword, or if you're lucky you can be a slave in an internment camp.
I prefer the name soyfang, or from time to time, glugfang.
11/03/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Lokra
I still find it incredibly entertaining how the general Horde fanbase turned on him the moment he decided he'd had enough of Sylvanas.

The screeching was louder than her banshee wail.

Also, stop sticking random adjectives in there because you think they sound insulting. Saurfang has never been a parasite. If you want an example of a parasite, it would be someone that uses the Horde to their own ends with no care for the Horde's health beyond how it is required to serve said ends.

Like Sylvanas. She's just a parasite in a big chair.

[quote]Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.

Blizz bent over backwards to ruin Saurfang imo. They made him treat Malf's fight with Sylv like an 'honor duel', which didn't make sense. Then they had him essentially give up on the Horde and get set free by Anduin and Shaw, Blizz had to know this was going to backfire.
I don't know what you all wanted Saurfang to do. Stay in that cell after Anduin left it open? Tell Anduin to close the door and lock it so he can break out on his own instead? Kill Anduin on his way out and cleave everyone else as he casually walks past the front gate?
Awwww...First world horde problems. "We're winning so much we have to fight ourselves to get a worthwhile opponent."
11/03/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Snikrot
I don't know what you all wanted Saurfang to do. Stay in that cell after Anduin left it open? Tell Anduin to close the door and lock it so he can break out on his own instead? Kill Anduin on his way out and cleave everyone else as he casually walks past the front gate?

Blizz should've had Saurfang escape on his own, hell, they shouldn't have had him captured in the first place, he should've been setting up the rebellion since Sylvanas pulled Teldrassil.

But instead he gave up and moped in a cage.
11/03/2018 01:47 AMPosted by Alamarius
Saurfang, how to go from WoWs Chuck Norris equivalent to a parasitic traitor in 60 seconds flat. Come on Saurfang, we respected you man..

No we didn't. Many of us have seen him as the self centered honorless traitor he proved himself to be for awhile now.
11/03/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Matildâ
Awwww...First world horde problems. "We're winning so much we have to fight ourselves to get a worthwhile opponent."

... You're the ones who are 'weeks away from winning' after Killing Rastakhan though?

Do you not get that you're about to raid the capital of trollkind and kill their once immortal king?

What do you WANT!?
11/03/2018 02:59 AMPosted by Skytotem
Then they had him essentially give up on the Horde

"What I want is my horde back!" - Saurfang
Yeah that totally sounds like someone who's given up on the horde.
Live as a coward/villain, or die as a hero.

Victory at any cost (atrocious tactics), or die as an honourable loser.

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer. Each option have their own plus and minus.
11/03/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Skytotem
11/03/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Matildâ

... You're the ones who are 'weeks away from winning' after Killing Rastakhan though?

Do you not get that you're about to raid the capital of trollkind and kill their once immortal king?

What do you WANT!?

Here's what I want. Name those "Fronts" the alliance are winning on.
11/03/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Alamarius

Which is better, a handful of horde die by accidental exposure to blight, so the Alliance can suffer far worse casualties. OR, the Alliance wins the battle and puts everyone to the sword, or if you're lucky you can be a slave in an internment camp.

"Accidental" Strewth, that's pushing justification a bit far.

A true Horde would say that it is better to die honorably and cleanly in battle against a decent foe than at the hands of their own leader to win a dirty victory.
Saurfang has done more for the Horde than anyone alive. He’s faught countless battles and even lost his own son to the Lich King. He’s sacrificed everything what has Sylvanas given? Puny banshee will soon find out death before dishonor. And by death I mean hers because we ain’t goin out like that.
11/03/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Alamarius

They didn't make Saurfang a slave when there was a history of Orcs being enslaved by humans, especially since Anduin wants peace

I wonder would you be singing the same tune if that was YOU who was caught in that blight by "accident". If you say yes, then you're clearly out your mind.