Suckfangs transformation

General Discussion
11/03/2018 01:47 AMPosted by Alamarius
Saurfang, how to go from WoWs Chuck Norris equivalent to a parasitic traitor in 60 seconds flat. Come on Saurfang, we respected you man..

I don't really mind the personality class between Sylvanas and Saurfang, was pretty nice really seeing two people with seemingly opposing views on war class, gave the Horde leadership a bit of depth. Problem is the way Saurfang has gone about protesting his disgust with Sylvanas, he's preached about how much he cares for the Horde, yet in the Old Solider cinematic, he was ready to commit suicide for a selfish reason. He chose to remain behind at Lordaron, wanting and expecting to die to the Alliance to fulfil his Orchish need for honour. He chose to sit in a cell and do nothing, even when recuse was presented to him.

Now watching the Lost Honour cinematic, and seeing that Saurfang wants his Horde "honourable" back, I want to know how him trying to commit suicide twice and choosing to stay put in a cell was going to achieve this for him.
Alliance, if you have any honor you will hang this traitor for us. We have no need of this crazy old man anymore. Ty in advance.
WoWs Chuck Norris equivalent

Oh, is this why he's a loser?
Just another blood elf defending their waifu thread. Move on guys.....nothing to see here
I gotta give Blizzard credit for dramatically dividing the Horde both in and out of game. Folks arguing about loyalty to Sylvanas does a lot to show how invested people are in the story and the setting. Wherever you sit on the Saurfang Issue, it's cool to see!
11/03/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Anzgar
......and your hair looks like crap.

O:
11/03/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Monnaarra
Just another blood elf defending their waifu thread. Move on guys.....nothing to see here

Irony, while you post and play on your waifu avatar...DORK!

The story so far has displayed one thing, the writing is TERRIBLE!

11/03/2018 04:12 AMPosted by Kaldrak
Folks arguing about loyalty to Sylvanas does a lot to show how invested people are in the story and the setting.

It's Blizzard pushing their dumb "It Matters" PR campaign, nothing more. In the end they are ruining the game for a large swath of the playerbase who will just tune out. They aren't building attachment to players factions they are eroding players attachment to the game.

Fun Fact, the player base has been in decline since Wrath. I wonder why?
11/03/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Lokra
To clarify, he has treasonous intent. He never committed treason.
You must not know how treason actually works. He committed treason when he spared Anduin, with the sole purpose of him killing Sylvanas.
Still not as bad as thrall going from warchief to being an outcast in the goblin starting zone when cataclysm began.
Saurfang, how to go from WoWs Chuck Norris equivalent to a parasitic traitor in 60 seconds flat. Come on Saurfang, we respected you man..

This is a classic, if not typical, telling of a warriors journey. If you are a soldier coming home from war without a desire for family and a distaste for war, then your probably a very broken man.
11/03/2018 03:35 AMPosted by Castalol

I don't really mind the personality class between Sylvanas and Saurfang, was pretty nice really seeing two people with seemingly opposing views on war class, gave the Horde leadership a bit of depth. Problem is the way Saurfang has gone about protesting his disgust with Sylvanas, he's preached about how much he cares for the Horde, yet in the Old Solider cinematic, he was ready to commit suicide for a selfish reason. He chose to remain behind at Lordaron, wanting and expecting to die to the Alliance to fulfil his Orchish need for honour. He chose to sit in a cell and do nothing, even when recuse was presented to him.

Now watching the Lost Honour cinematic, and seeing that Saurfang wants his Horde "honourable" back, I want to know how him trying to commit suicide twice and choosing to stay put in a cell was going to achieve this for him.

He was in a moment of despair, did something foolish, realized he did something stupid, decided to not sit around feeling sorry for himself and set out to achieve the goal he wants. To redeem himself for letting his doubt get the better of him.

It's called a character not being one-dimensional.
11/03/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Diro

This is a classic, if not typical, telling of a warriors journey. If you are a soldier coming home from war without a desire for family and a distaste for war, then your probably a very broken man.

Character arcs are apparently a new concept to some.

Sylvanas has been pretty one-dimensional after WOTLK. Still waiting for her to do something to garner sympathy.
Saurfang now eats the scraps from his new masters table. Begging for treats from his new owner Anduin.
I knew before I clicked on this it would be a blood elf.
11/03/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Lokra
11/03/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Alamarius
He spent what, weeks, months, living in a jail cell eating the scraps Anduin threw him, so he could avoid doing his duty and serve the horde. Sounds pretty parasitic.
He didn't make the choice to be a prisoner of war. He fought in a battle to the death (LOK'TAR OGAR and all), but his enemy would not grant it, and instead healed and captured him. You act like it was his plan to get tossed in a cell.
11/03/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Alamarius
Upholding the old values of the horde by committing treason and becoming the human kings new replacement dog, since Genn got too old?
To clarify, he has treasonous intent. He never committed treason.

Hell, the most treasonous thing he did was NOT attack Sylvanas, because Horde values indicate that if you disagree with your leader, you fight them for the position in mak'gora. Trying to get someone else to depose them would be seen as cowardly, except that Saurfang himself does not want to rule.

He had a chance to kill Anduin but spared him. Because he wants Anduin to stop Sylvanas. He litteraly said that in the cinematic. That is a prime example of treason. By sparing Anduin he intended for him to overthrow the Hordes leadership.
yeah sorry read most on him in a lot of quest. some reason he had a ton in cata and mop. I still did not like him. Let put that aside for now. let see from a different prospective.

Had a major enemy down on knees that need to die to shorten the war. let him live. We for argument sake let slide he was order by his war chief to finish him off. Plus some arugment depending on what orc honor prevent this. most old world orcs whould at least capture them. None whould let him go.

He troops were doing very badly in the field he stays up top and complains. He does not go down in trenches to help them. He was one hero that could inspire his troops and the second best warriors they have. He could of made a major impact on the battle field. Thus, preventing the plague from happening more than likely.

Then when he has a chance to kill boy king it was said he could of done it. he surrenders to them. Like I said he was one of the best warriors. he was not grievous wounded. There was not enough even with boy king and wolf king there. he was no push over. How so many forget even hell screem respected his fighting abilities. Not him personally thouigh which was ironic.

In prison he was given a chance to come with the group. he refuse. The reason he did not like how the hoard was going and fighting for change he stays in prison. then it was reveiled he let the boy king live so that he could stop war chelf. that he wanted a none horde memeber to do the dirty work. Thus, plotiing to over throw war chief with horde sworn enemy.

Just with these recent little facts. plotting and sceming from the shadows. not helping his men in the field. failing to kill a imprtant and potentail powerfull enemy and letting boy king live so war could go on longer. Yeah his version of honor very unsal. he chose when it suits him.

Most poster here i bet do not read on orc code. orcs prize honor over all other things in life — first to bring honor to their clan (and by extension, the Horde) and secondly bringing honor to the self and to their sense of self-worth as an individual. to be a orc your personal reputation is as important as his or her clan, and most will fight to the death in defense of either. Not only does he flip and flop on so many things hard to choose one.

Most importntly loyaity ot war chief/clan is key stone to their honor. They will and do challenge war chief who dont hold up honor. part of their culture. yet he does not. He plots and uses otehr to get things done. really a none orc way of doing things. He even did this with hellscreem which he did not appprove of. It like he only fights ones that he can win.

Let say for argument sake cant stand current war cheif. You do not put one in charge that is potenally worse. You find someone better. Sense there is basically none left. What do you do. Go find that orc dk and see if you can get him to be next war chief. You all know who i am talking about.

You do not poeple one in that no longer has self worth. looking at old soilder vedeo. That is not what a true honorable orc looks like. He lost all self worth after fighting for so long.
11/03/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Lokra
I still find it incredibly entertaining how the general Horde fanbase turned on him the moment he decided he'd had enough of Sylvanas.

The screeching was louder than her banshee wail.

Also, stop sticking random adjectives in there because you think they sound insulting. Saurfang has never been a parasite. If you want an example of a parasite, it would be someone that uses the Horde to their own ends with no care for the Horde's health beyond how it is required to serve said ends.

Like Sylvanas. She's just a parasite in a big chair.

[quote]Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.

The Horde sold its soul for B.T.G.G.F.
11/03/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Perfectplex
Saurfang has done more for the Horde than anyone alive. He’s faught countless battles and even lost his own son to the Lich King. He’s sacrificed everything what has Sylvanas given?

Sylvanas lost her own life to the Lich King.
Why is it always the blood elves and undead who are Sylvie bootlickers?

Oh, maybe because they're not and never will be part of the real Horde.
11/03/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Daladoren
11/03/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Diro

Character arcs are apparently a new concept to some.

Sylvanas has been pretty one-dimensional after WOTLK. Still waiting for her to do something to garner sympathy.

Here's the thing though, Sylvanas isn't a living being. Not that I find the story particularly compelling, but she's undead. There's plenty of literature with the undead being compelled by a singular longing for a one dimensional desire.