No item/mount/transmog linking to BfA!

Classic Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_f8rR9P8go

I missed this from the WoW Q&A panel last night, and it's a subject I feel strongly about. There will be no ability to link items farmed on Classic to players' transmog/pet/mount tabs on retail.
You feel so strongly about it you forgot to put which side of the fence you are on in your post?
11/04/2018 03:37 AMPosted by Caelle
You feel so strongly about it you forgot to put which side of the fence you are on in your post?

I am most decidedly against it. I believe that allowing item linking (especially gear) will have a very bad economic impact on the Classic server as people and botters come in to farm stuff to sell at vastly inflated prices (just like in the live game) to people who are only interested in transmog.

Edit: so for me, a big thumbs up to the devs' decision.
I couldn't care less either way.
I'm happy to hear ecosystem between retail and classic won't be shared.

As Ion says in video ... you should be playing Classic because you want to play Classic, and not to playing Classic to unlock achievements or transmogs in BFA.
This is good and welcomed news.
No connections. No QOL. No rebalancing to date.

#AsVanillaAsOrcishlyPossible continues to win.
Good. It should be entirely separate. And they better not put the WoW Token on the Classic AH; gold buying would ruin the Classic economy so hard.
11/04/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Nightshine
Good. It should be entirely separate. And they better not put the WoW Token on the Classic AH; gold buying would ruin the Classic economy so hard.

Yea you better start prep'ing yourself for that announcement now, they make a lot of money off those tokens so I am sure they will be on the class servers as well.
11/04/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Lemillion
11/04/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Nightshine

Yea you better start prep'ing yourself for that announcement now, they make a lot of money off those tokens so I am sure they will be on the class servers as well.

I dunno man. IMO it makes a lot more sense to keep the buying and trading of tokens on BfA. Speaking about people who use the tokens to pay for their subs: since the sub will pay for both games, and you can easily farm the gold for the token in BfA-- much easier than you would be able to in Classic-- to me it makes more sense to keep it in BfA so they'd get more potential user engagement in that game.