How high is the skill cap on disc

Priest
Compared to say Druid or Monk ?
Disc has the highest skill cap of all the healers, how high is it? Well, if druid were 1.8m tall, id say disc is about... 2.7m tall. Dont play monk sorry. Hope that answers your question.
Disc is easy. I prefer Holy myself but disc isn't that hard at all.
It's really not so much that it's a difficult spec to play, moreso that it takes longer to learn how to play it well compared to other healers. That's because it's not quite as 'pick up and go' as your average reactive healer; you have to learn how and when to prepare atonements prior to damage occuring, when to DPS vs direct healing, and correct timing to ramp up atonements in a raid setting.

But once you know the basics and get a good feel for it, it's not that hard at all, it just takes a bit pf practice!

~Lil
The main difference with Disc is the Atonement / Damage interaction and the necessity to apply Atonement before damage occurs. It's not hard to play, but it can be challenging to learn / master for some because of the proactive nature of the playstyle.
For me it depends on the group. If the DPS are pulling 15k and the tank holds his own, disc is a walk through. But, if the tank has no way of pulling in ranged mobs, can't do interrupts, backs into adds, and the DPS are rolling around with 5.5k dps with no CC/interrupts, its near impossible.

Disc, for me anyways, doesn't allow for many mistakes. Holy has a bunch more tools I can use to bounce back from.
11/04/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Delini
Disc is easy. I prefer Holy myself but disc isn't that hard at all.

11/05/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Lillin
It's really not so much that it's a difficult spec to play, moreso that it takes longer to learn how to play it well compared to other healers. That's because it's not quite as 'pick up and go' as your average reactive healer; you have to learn how and when to prepare atonements prior to damage occuring, when to DPS vs direct healing, and correct timing to ramp up atonements in a raid setting.

But once you know the basics and get a good feel for it, it's not that hard at all, it just takes a bit pf practice!

~Lil

Agreed. Not hard to play and playing it at the skill cap--which few people do--are very different things.
A lot of people like to say things are easy. Disc is an adjustment. After maining Holy Pally for the last 3 yrs I have found Disc very fun but challenging. It doesn't make sense compared to how healing normally goes. I am just getting comfortable with it and it's fun, but being bad is easier than being good with this spec.
11/06/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Leelittle
A lot of people like to say things are easy. Disc is an adjustment. After maining Holy Pally for the last 3 yrs I have found Disc very fun but challenging. It doesn't make sense compared to how healing normally goes. I am just getting comfortable with it and it's fun, but being bad is easier than being good with this spec.

Holy Pally is very challenging for me.. I couldn't heal at all... I've never felt like such a noob before..lol
It’s a slight learning curve is all....
Remember to keep atonements up and not tunnel....
The biggest problem I have is mana management......
It’s a fun spec ...
not hard to play he/she said.

Never sw:d'ed cc in his/her life.

seems legit assessment.
For Mythic+ it is mostly a matter of setting up mouse over macros and learning how to weave DPS and direct heals together.

For raids, it is about learning the boss abilities so you can execute you burst windows properly.

It requires more micro-management that other healers for sure.
In PVE all healing specs seem pretty equal to me. In PVP, disc is probably the most complicated, but has a bunch of oh !@#$ buttons.
Played holy since WoD. Tried disco for BFA cause of another holy in the raid, hadn't played disco since wrath. Disco definitely has a skill curve. For one, you have to know the fight. You have to anticipate damage and prepare. As holy, I just react to damage. I think it's really fun when you prepare perfectly and you see big numbers everywhere just as the big hit comes. Hopefully the nerf isn't too bad.
Disc has a very high ceiling.

Everyone can be a disc priest, but not everyone can be a good one.
There's 3 main phases you need to work with as a Disc priest.

*Important* You really, really must consider the Atonement Tracker addon at the very least, especially in raid healing

Phase 1: Trash mob clearing/ Boss is currently in chill phase
Make sure atonement is up on the tank and just dps to give him some healing. If someone gets hit by fire just shadowmend and top them to about 70% and atonement will take care of the rest

Phase 2: Tank is getting rekt and so is the DPS:

Priority 1: Drop Pain Suppresion on Tank
Priority 2: Shadowmend spam tank to make sure he lives to about 60%
Priority 3: Use PW: Radiance to apply atonement and DPS burst to restore health
Optional: Drop a cooldown
Priority 4: Shadowmend spam dps

Phase 3: Everyone is getting rekt and so, so close to a wipe
Rapture and PW:S spam as fast as your fingers can move and your GCD allows.
As others have mentioned, Disc is easy to play, but feels really awkward when you first try it. This is especially true if you've played other healers before.

Once you get the hang of it, it is very straight forward to play.
not particularly that hard.. just different you'll have to practice ground up since it feels different than your conventional healer
8.1 it will be much harder to do well lul
11/08/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Tetoms
8.1 it will be much harder to do well lul
Not really.