Anyone leveling a healer in Dungeons take note:

General Discussion
11/06/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Comedy
Not everything in the game is worth dispelling. IT's actually inefficient in normal dungeons while leveling.

It's actually counterproductive in some cases. You absolutely shouldn't dispel the DoT on the last boss of Siege in certain circumstances.
I will also vote kick you if you pull a critter. Stop wasting my time!
I don't know, those kind of post make me meh.

Chances are we will probably never do dungeons together and the players who will probably don't read those forums.

Maybe you can do something about it while doing dungeons. Communication is the key.

10/10 for venting though.
11/06/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Nashes
Tanks take note:

Not all healing specs have dispels.

Erm...no. Every healing spec, without exception, can dispel at least 2/4 of the major debuff types. All of them can get Magic, which is deliberately universal for everything crucial instead of merely inconvenient.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/battle-for-azeroth-dungeon-dispels-purges#magic-debuffs

Given the OP is talking about lower-level dungeons, there's something to be said for advice rather than being an !@#$%^- to your healer who might be new to their spec or even class. Also something to be said for earlier dungeons being tuned for the days of spammable dispels instead of 8s cooldown, or making sure they can actually get that category.

But there's also something to be said for making sure you're reading your own whole spellbook.
If you don't get dispelled it's probably because
...my spell has a cd
...I just dispelled a dps who has less survivability than you and is about to die
...it's a persistent dispellable debuff, the kind that reapplies itself once removed
...you have been chain pulling and I'm too low on mana to remove the shield on that mob
11/06/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Dellexi
I will also vote kick you if you pull a critter. Stop wasting my time!

My fire mage would never finish another dungeon again, hah.
You know what's even more obvious than needing to dispel something? Moving out of aoe effects as a tank. Yet, I notice tanks failing to do that far more than healers forget to dispel.
Tanks take note:

which one doesn't?
11/06/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Cozart
As someone leveling both a prot pally and bear druid right now, once you're at a level where dispelling matters and you do not, I will vote to kick you. If it fails, I'll just leave and get instantly put in a new group. It's genuinely frustrating trying to tank something like Stratholme or Atal'Hakkar with someone who never dispels.

Healing, and tanking for that matter, are not roles you should just queue into to afk while 4 other people do all your work. Even DPS players should take time to figure out how everything works, though in their case it's always interrupts that I never see. People just please. Learn your role. Play your role.
Give us your toon names so we know who to kick...
11/06/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Xevon
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Shut your hole.

I'm from the North Pole.

I am an angry mole.
Aren't most of the annoying debuffs diseases and stuff, which both druid's and paladins can cleanse?(or is it poisons? /shrug) While not ideal for druids since it'll shift out of bear form, dispelling yourself costs literally nothing for the paladin.

Just sayin... Kick yourself then.
No.
11/06/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Illidette
Aren't most of the annoying debuffs diseases and stuff, which both druid's and paladins can cleanse?(or is it poisons? /shrug)

No, the critical stuff is all Magic. Poison is sometimes the annoying but nonlethal stuff. Rarely Disease and Curse at all.

Druid gets Curse and Poison baseline, and Magic is added as resto. No disease. Which sounds stupid at first but makes a horrifying kind of sense in hindsight. If you're being ravaged by bacteria and !@#$, you probably don't want to get the kind of healing that deals in rampant growth. Surprise! I just gave you MORE ebola!
Does it take more time to communicate what you need as a tank than it does to kick someone?

I thought tanks were suppose to be the leaders. Shouldn’t a leader be communicating what’s needed for the success of their run?

Talk about not living up to the responsibilities of the role...
shut up and pull
Well I quit a dungeon run the other day as a healer simply because of a tank vote kicking someone not following mechanics with no warning - tell someone, if they do not then follow fine but do not presume everyone is as experienced as you are and kick without explaining. This type of attitude is not part of the solution it is part of the problem. Educate THEN punish, dont just kick people without explanation as they will never learn!
been running into a lot of prot pallies and guardian spec resto affinity tanks who refuse to ever heal themselves

these are also the same ones who never use any active mitigation either or cooldowns for that matter
Nothing needs to be dispelled outside max lvl content. CD is 8 seconds now as well.

?

All healers have a dispel.
11/06/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Cozart
As someone leveling both a prot pally and bear druid right now, once you're at a level where dispelling matters and you do not, I will vote to kick you. If it fails, I'll just leave and get instantly put in a new group. It's genuinely frustrating trying to tank something like Stratholme or Atal'Hakkar with someone who never dispels.

Healing, and tanking for that matter, are not roles you should just queue into to afk while 4 other people do all your work. Even DPS players should take time to figure out how everything works, though in their case it's always interrupts that I never see. People just please. Learn your role. Play your role.

Would like us to change your diaper and get you a warm glass of milk while you settle into a nice nap?

You know going thru life cranky because of diaper rash is no fun!