Stop Freaking Out

Classic Discussion
they probably said this to the diablo community too stop freaking out we got a great game for you at blizzcon to check out. See the problem
They made a last minute announcement about not having anything about Diablo 4 to announce yet to lower people's expectations but nothing could have prepared them for the disappointment that was hyping a mobile game in front of a PC-Gaming crowd.

in the case of Classic, we actually have a lot of info to go on, such as a release date and a lot of unwanted features confirmed not to be in the final product. There are still a few things up in the air, but after watching both the Q&A and the Classic Panel, I find little reason not to be optimistic about WoW Classic's future. So far so good.
11/06/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Sunjashi
11/06/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Hazzay

Please leave the grown ups to do the educating around here why don't we?
That way a lot less misinformation and panic is unnecessarily spread.

Elaborate veiled ad hominems are the refuge of the intellectually and argumentally bankrupt.

Let's put the thesaurus down for now, you can get stuck back into it whilst doing your homework OK? You aren't impressing anyone.

It isn't anyone's fault but your own that you struggle to understand what is necessary for this project to be a success.
11/06/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Hazzay
11/06/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Sunjashi

Elaborate veiled ad hominems are the refuge of the intellectually and argumentally bankrupt.

Let's put the thesaurus down for now, you can get stuck back into it whilst doing your homework OK? You aren't impressing anyone.

It isn't anyone's fault but your own that you struggle to understand what is necessary for this project to be a success.

I guess that would depend upon how one defines "success".

As for me, with regards to Classic, I define success as being true to "vanilla"--i.e. not having any non vanilla QOL conveniences, non vanilla balance changes, any of the "modern" CRZ's or sharding, etc.

I believe that trying to cater in any way to the retail, instant gratification, convenience driven mindset will ultimately prove to be detrimental to Classic.
11/06/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Ratsmats
11/06/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Hazzay

As for me, with regards to Classic, I define success as being true to "vanilla"--i.e. not having any non vanilla QOL conveniences, non vanilla balance changes, any of the "modern" CRZ's or sharding, etc.

I believe that trying to cater in any way to the retail, instant gratification, convenience driven mindset will ultimately prove to be detrimental to Classic.

Launching a game where players get stuck in queues, can't actually quest, can barely move without lag and crashes etc. is not what ANY company wants for the launch of their game.
Yes this is what happened in Vanilla, but it wasn't their intention, and if they have the tools today to make for a smoother launch, then they sure as hell are going to use them.

It's just for the launch - the only argument people have put forth for wanting a clusterF of a launch is because they believe blizzard won't just use it for the launch.
If they have so much distrust then what's to say blizzard won't introduce it AFTER launch anyway..

If they start introducing it again after launch, thats when people should complain, not now, it's just childish.
11/06/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Ratsmats
11/06/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Stabidy

If they do break their promise im sure they will face MASSIVE backlash, people are being very vocal about how they do not want it implemented.

Im down to having it at a start zone early launch (first month perhaps?) remedy. Anything besides that and im also raising my pitchfork (and likely removing my sub, which is currently inactive anyway waiting for classic)

They have already broken their promise by using sharding at all, even in a limited manner.

No they havn`t... They are DISCUSSING POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS to the over saturation of STARTING ZONES DURING LAUNCH.

People act like they are gonna CRZ and Shard everything, which they openly stated they won`t.

And if they did they would be shooting themselves on the foot.
11/06/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Stabidy
Stop acting like its going to be a game breaking experience when less than 1% of your time played will happen during that moment.

We`ve had Lore confirm there will be no CRZ or Phasing, only a possible and BRIEF moment of Sharding for STARTING ZONES.

Not the end of the world and frankly not a terrible solution.

Right.

And CRZ would only be used for leveling zones..never at cap zones and not in cities.
And there is no sharding on RP realms.

How did those 2 promises work out for retail ?

No they havn`t... They are DISCUSSING POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS to the over saturation of STARTING ZONES DURING LAUNCH.

People act like they are gonna CRZ and Shard everything, which they openly stated they won`t.

They did it for retail when they said they wouldn't ?
Is this time different ?
11/06/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Gorno
Its less people are worried about sharding being implemented in starting areas when classic launches, and more that they will break their promise and use sharding and phasing in other areas as well.

Which almost certainly won't happen.
11/06/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Stabidy
Stop acting like its going to be a game breaking experience when less than 1% of your time played will happen during that moment.

We`ve had Lore confirm there will be no CRZ or Phasing, only a possible and BRIEF moment of Sharding for STARTING ZONES.

Not the end of the world and frankly not a terrible solution.
Trusting Blizzard to do anything positive for the playerbase in 2018 lmao
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The last un-sharded retail expansion launch was so populated that it was unplayable for the entire launch weekend for many people and Blizzard gave us all 5 days of game time as an apology. Would you prefer that? If you could even get past the hours of queues I'm talking about world lag so severe that you're stuck not able to move your toon, quests bugging out causing massive bottlenecks, servers being taken offline for hours and then you are stuck in hours of queues again. It wasn't just hard to play, it was unplayable full stop. The WoD launch was why they had to create sharding in the first place.

I have trouble believing that people would genuinely prefer this to being able to log in and get on with some questing. You're all imagining it as just having to wait for tags with a huge crowd of people, but the reality would be that we probably won't be able to get on the servers if there is no control put in by Blizz of any sort. 100k people played Vanilla's first day, we're at the point that it is millions now every new launch.
11/07/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Classicsoon
Trusting Blizzard to do anything positive for the playerbase in 2018 lmao

Then don't play.

It's that simple. Play what they give you, or don't play.

It's what I did halfway through Legion. Decided it wasn't for me, haven't subbed to WoW in over a year.

If you don't trust Blizzard, then don't buy their games or give them money.

It really is that simple.

BTW... Classic will go on just fine without you.
11/07/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Brockthorn

They did it for retail when they said they wouldn't ?
Is this time different ?

Simple, people would quit the game because its goes against what the community want.

I know i'd quit along with several thousand others.

P.s. if they !@#$ up classic, they will not recover that easily. Classic WoW is a desperate attempt at keeping WoW relavant, if retail was doing fine they wouldn't resort to it and yet here we are. If they ruin it this time around they will ruin it for good.
Merits and pitfalls to loot trading as well. I'm on the fence on this one. I do agree that the Vanilla-experience (not just purely "what happened in Vanilla", but the overall feel) was that you could Need on what you needed, and if you won, you were stuck with it -- consequences and all. It didn't allow you to need on your friend's behalf and try and play favorites.

Then again, it did allow you to give items to other party members in case maybe you realize (a) you mis-rolled, (b) its not AS much of an up for you as another party member...

I can see this argument both ways