Nathanos mocks Night Elf Dark Rangers

Story Forum
1 2 3 9 Next
https://i.imgur.com/ap3CeTq.png

It seems like Blizz has no idea how to make Nelves being raised willingly to make sense, so they decided to make Nathanos mock Nelf Dark Rangers for how easily that they turn traitors.
I was wondering if I needed anymore reason to believe blizz is just !@#$ing with us at this point. But there it is I guess...
It's called "hanging a lampshade."

You can get away with having something ridiculous happen if you have a character look to the audience and wink so that they know it's a plot contrivance. In this case I'm guessing someone in the art department pitched "Dark Sentinels" to the higher ups. They thought it was a great idea, and then they told the writing department to make it work.
If we don't get to kill him, then I give up. The malicious treatment of the Night Elves is just absurd.
Nathanos being Nathanos.
We only wanted a damn answer as to why they turn and suddenly fight against their own people, joining their killers. Instead, they give us smug insults and a toy.

!@#$ these writers.
I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize, but Nathanos and the Forsaken are effectively wololo'ing the Night Elves.
11/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Akiyass
If we don't get to kill him, then I give up. The malicious treatment of the Night Elves is just absurd.

I'll hold, you punch.
"Free will" will forever be remembered after this expansion. Along with "Morally grey" and "Honor."
11/07/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Nemiria
We only wanted a damn answer as to why they turn and suddenly fight against their own people, joining their killers. Instead, they give us smug insults and a toy.

!@#$ these writers.

There is no answer and there will never be an answer that can make sense of this that doesn't also screw over the Forsaken faction's core identity.

Now this event will be over and done with after a single patch. The Forsaken faction will continue to be part of the game until Blizzard shuts down the servers. So, sorry I guess if you're frustrated at this moment but look on the bright side, you'll probably never see a Dark Sentinel again after this warfront.

!@#$ these writers.

Harsh words for interns who put in an entire half hour to writing it! They probably only took a couple of breaks to!

If you're giving up at not killing nathanos, who just got development, then how should I feel? I have fought Genn personally, blown up his ship, and invaded his country. I blew up jaina's city. I watched malfurion get rescued while he was moments from death.

Horde heroes die every week, alliance heroes are indestructible. Even when you think they are gone they just get better in a couple expansions. Then become critical to the story and locked in the un-killable neutral zone.

At least you don't have to work for the enemy as they insult you like we had to with tyranda.
11/07/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Roghter

!@#$ these writers.

There is no answer and there will never be an answer that can make sense of this that doesn't also screw over the Forsaken faction's core identity.

Now this event will be over and done with after a single patch. The Forsaken faction will continue to be part of the game until Blizzard shuts down the servers. So, sorry I guess if you're frustrated at this moment but look on the bright side, you'll probably never see a Dark Sentinel again after this warfront.

"Suck it up buttercup, Night Elves suck - Poor Forsaken though, we must be gentle and delicate with them."

is all I got from your post.

!@#$ these writers.
They were mad that they had to make the scenario slightly less humiliating because of community outrage, so they had to do something.
I thought Sylvanas was using mind-control?
11/07/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Menard

Nope. Popular fan theory shot down by developers years ago and shot down again now.
11/07/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Casina
Harsh words for interns who put in an entire half hour to writing it! They probably only took a couple of breaks to!
I thought they moved all the unpaid interns onto the Alliance quest team to finish Stormsong Valley? Well, "moved." It's hard to believe they were never not there.
11/07/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Granfaloon

If you're giving up at not killing nathanos, who just got development, then how should I feel? I have fought Genn personally, blown up his ship, and invaded his country. I blew up jaina's city. I watched malfurion get rescued while he was moments from death.

Horde heroes die every week, alliance heroes are indestructible. Even when you think they are gone they just get better in a couple expansions. Then become critical to the story and locked in the un-killable neutral zone.

At least you don't have to work for the enemy as they insult you like we had to with tyranda.
Nathanos is an unremitting douchebag that is incapable of losing and always treats everyone but Sylvanas as though they're less than dirt. Why shouldn't people want a mace embedded in his skull?

No, they are using the patented Blizzard Free-will™

"Totally not Mind-Controlled, 100% free-will, just a coincidence they instantly want to kill and destroy the people they loved and serve the one who killed them. Also there is a reason for it we swear! We just don't know what it is yet."
11/07/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Roghter

Nope. Popular fan theory shot down by developers years ago and shot down again now.

Lol, thank goodness they offered Nightborne. Now I can just be a Nightelf on the "favored" side.

I don't see how Elune can't just go kill Nathanos. He isn't her creation anymore. Just zap him and cleanse these fallen night elves of their rot.