Did Ion accidently reveal WoW sub#s?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
11/07/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Ythisens
Stretch Armstrong levels of reach here.

Yeah, but subs are probably still low.
11/07/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Zendarius
If we plug in the 1.7 M unconfirmed/very controversial sub estimate from the addon devs…. that would leave us with each sub completing that particular quest ~37 times.

Err ... 37 times? I've done it maybe a dozen times.

Also, you're presuming that everyone is at max level and doing world quests.

Motivated reasoning is strong with this one.
11/07/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Demonatrixx
I've done that WQ like... 3-4 times max in the last few months. 37 is probably wayyyy too high for the average person.

I have done way more than 37.
I do one or two a day!
I think I have done almost all of them this expansion.
And I am getting to the point know where I can actually shoot down the birds which are very hard to hit.
11/07/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Mvura
Motivated reasoning is strong with this one.

It's pretty common - a player wants to prove a point "wow is dying" so they find data to fit that conclusion.. rather than just first gathering data and then deciding.
11/07/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Spinster
Subs are really low.

How do you know this?
In-game activity is really low.

I find things to be quite the opposite. I see people everywhere I go, even in older zones when I'm leveling new characters. My server is noted as "HIGH" every time I log in, day or night, which hasn't happened since I moved to this server at the end of Mists...it was "LOW" or "MEDIUM", at best, all through Warlords and Legion. Trade on my server has never been very active...it is now; and yes, I realize that a lot of the /trade chat is cross realm, but not all of it, and not every where. The server pop on log in is definitely not cross realm.

I just don't see this decrease in everything the forums are claiming... like, anywhere outside of the forums. Maybe if all of you who are making these claims actually stopped paying... Oh, but then you wouldn't be able to post about how horrible everything is. I totally get it now.

How many times have you completed the turtle making it to water quest on all your characters?

I don't keep track. Do you keep track?
11/07/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Mvura
Also, you're presuming that everyone is at max level and doing world quests.

This is absolutely fair. The presumption is that most people have at least 1 max level character. And have unlocked WQ's. Good point!

11/07/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Revas
I don't keep track. Do you keep track?

I didn't keep track, no. Its just a guestimate. I am full on Tortollan rep. I am probably an outlier.
I did that quest alot. Could be 50 across my 3 120s.

Look, I need something to confirm my anti-Blizzard agenda and facts are not there for confirmation. I’ll take anything I get to make me feel better about my assertion.
So many times that I am pretty sure we not only saved them from extinction but we have mistakenly allowed them to over populate Azeroth.
A post made it the forums!
I've done the quest twice.
11/07/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Gorthraw

Look, I need something to confirm my anti-Blizzard agenda and facts are not there for confirmation. I’ll take anything I get to make me feel better about my assertion.

can't really fault you for that

this past week has really left me shaking my head and wondering what the numbers are really like. Ijust cleaned my friends list of inactives from the last two expansions and it's starting to dwindle :(
What is Realmpop, seems like everyone ignores it now with the numbers being sub 1.7m
11/07/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Raiyyn
Subs are really low.

How do you know this?
In-game activity is really low.

I find things to be quite the opposite. I see people everywhere I go, even in older zones when I'm leveling new characters. My server is noted as "HIGH" every time I log in, day or night, which hasn't happened since I moved to this server at the end of Mists...it was "LOW" or "MEDIUM", at best, all through Warlords and Legion. Trade on my server has never been very active...it is now; and yes, I realize that a lot of the /trade chat is cross realm, but not all of it, and not every where. The server pop on log in is definitely not cross realm.

I just don't see this decrease in everything the forums are claiming... like, anywhere outside of the forums. Maybe if all of you who are making these claims actually stopped paying... Oh, but then you wouldn't be able to post about how horrible everything is. I totally get it now.

They adjusted max server population caps when the playbase started dwindling heavily going into WoD, around the time they stop sharing the sub count. And you're just ignoring the fact that people you see in old zones are from every server combined.
How many times have you completed the turtle making it to water quest on all your characters?

Twice. Once on my Alliance main, and once on this guy to see if it was actually as bad as I remember it.

I think your data manipulation is flawed.
I've done the quest somewhere between 20-30 times. But I usually let some turtles die on purpose just because predators need to eat.
I personally let the turtles die until it logs me off from being afk. Natural selection and such.
I wish they would just release sub numbers. . . or at least announce when a high has been reached.

Only reason to hide the numbers, is if the numbers are not looking good.

If they had over 12million subs they would have been shouting it from the roof tops.
What is it like to wake up thinking .. "Gee, I hope blizzard is failing today. That'll show them!"
1. Not everyone who subs is max level.
2. Not every max level does the quest.
3. Each person has the ability from 0 to however many times the wq was up.
4. You can do it on multiple toons with 1 sub.
5. You dont know when the data was collected.

So yea armstrong levels.