Classic is DOA, sadly

Classic Discussion
This thread confirms what I already suspected. The "Classic Community" is full of people who want the retail experience. JAB was right.

Only a matter of time before the whiners like the people in this thread who want easy and accessible will get their way, and Classic will be ruined just like retail was ruined by the same people.

Its amazing how people can't see that the easy raiding Blizz is giving us is what they are substituting for not having LFR. Its a mechanic to keep casual retails playing the game. And most people here don't even see a problem with that, thats what they actually want.

Thats why Classic is DOA. Its using the same flawed retail design philosophies, albeit better hidden, and the community is either too dumb to see it, or too selfish to be bothered to care how it will ruin the long term health of the game.

The majority of players in vanilla didn't raid.
Hardcore raiders tend to have a very narrow view that raiding and only raiding is what MMO's are about. But they are in the minority.
BOA hehe more like black friday for 2-3 months. After 30 days most retails will go back to free loot. 30-60 day after people the played in WotLK, BC, and Classic. Will start playing again from hearing fellow nerds talk about it. Hell I have had 20-30 people pst me in ESO on PS4 because I talk about it in zone chat asking me about new classic server's coming. Never heard about it and now can not wait for it.
11/08/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Theó
BOA hehe more like black friday for 2-3 months. After 30 days most retails will go back to free loot. 30-60 day after people the played in WotLK, BC, and Classic. Will start playing again from hearing fellow nerds talk about it. Hell I have had 20-30 people pst me in ESO on PS4 because I talk about it in zone chat asking me about new classic server's coming. Never heard about it and now can not wait for it.

I play ESO as well and yeah..there's a lot of chatter about it.
Lots of ex-wow players in ESO.

One of my guilds in ESO are talking about forming a guild in wow:classic so those of us that will play both can still play together.
11/07/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Donatalius
I take it you enjoy some part of the game other than raiding. Thats good. Imagine if they took that part you love and removed the thing you loved from it.
Precisely why I quit Retail.

Thing is, they're progressing the Raids, so...
I remember when the talents changed over to 1.12 and the changes that occurred during vanilla. I don't remember anyone who was a new player face rolling anything. The only people who did amazing in the earlier raids were the people who already had the gear anyway.

Like the game isn't going to be that hard or easy. There aren't multiple modes for the raids for a reason. People will still fail attempts and there will be success, both times there will be a sense of accomplishment either way.
11/07/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
Blizzard did not track raid completion in Vanilla, and no tool in their database will make accurate history appear. If yours says ZG/AQ20, and you did them in vanilla, and never did them post-Wrath, then it's because of specific quest completions/items that they were able to find in your character. It's simply not accurate on a large scale.

On this point -- its funny, because although I never cleared Naxx40, I did raid it like 12-14 bosses in, and you'd never know it because the Character history only confirms whether you killed KT or not.

Although oddly enough, I did kill both Rag and Nefarian on my mage, and neither show up as fully completed in my Raid History for Classic. hrm
One demo and it's already DOA? Wow.

And remind me what makes you the expert that is qualified to make this call?
Blizzard hasn't made any final announcements regarding debuffs. They know MC was tuned for 8. This won't be a problem I'm sure as they have till next summer to work on it.
11/07/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Donatalius
It pains me to say it because I love Vanilla and I want it back, but the Classic we are getting is not Vanilla.

It all come down to the easy raids they are giving us. People are going to faceroll their way through them thanks to the 1.12 buffs, and then they're gonna be sitting around with nothing to do.

And unlike retail, there isn't tons of little minigames like pet battles to occupy people when they finish their mindless raid runs. Classic's endgame is built around raiding. Everything from fishing, to gold farming, to gear hunting, to crafting is all strongly tied into the system of getting people progressed through raids.

Only now people will progress through raids in quest greens. There is simply nothing to keep people occupied at max level with the ezmode raids they are giving us. No reason for people to keep playing.
Do you have a link to blizzards final statement regarding the tuning for debuffs?
11/08/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Mathmagician
Do you have a link to blizzards final statement regarding the tuning for debuffs?

Ion said it in one of the 2 panels..WOW Q&A or How they made wow:classic.
Transcripts of those 2 panels are on wowhead. probably other sites as well but I read them from wowhead.
A year later and people still cant wrap their heads around the fact there wont be a progressive release. Maybe some time gating but thats it.

Again you were never told you would receive Vanilla WoW - all along its been Classic WoW. Why some people cant wrap their head around this is astounding.
11/07/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Flåm
no.

MC was never the challenge you think it was.
I remember doing it as a fire mage ( because it wasnt challnging enough for me to respec for it, oh and elemental precision didnt exist ether so. )

You could get a truely stupid amount of spell power in pre raid and mc/blues.

This is a troll because in the real classic MC, mobs there were immune to fire damage.
A year later and people still cant wrap their heads around the fact there wont be a progressive release. Maybe some time gating but thats it.

Again you were never told you would receive Vanilla WoW - all along its been Classic WoW. Why some people cant wrap their head around this is astounding.
Which I don't mind, but they're making it a somewhat "progressive" server. Alas, people just don't understand Classic is a musuem piece, essentially.
11/08/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Whqreo

Been saying that since the original announcement.

Classic will be Vanilla-esque, but it won't be a 100% recreation of 2004-2006 (now we know for sure it's 2006) Vanilla WoW.
Exactly, a mesuem piece is a great way to put it. Its pretty tough to recreate history. Despite people thinking it can easily be done at no cost....

It will be a fun release.
11/07/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Donatalius
Classic's endgame is built around raiding.

Here's where I stopped reading.
You've got it backwards.
11/08/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Zanidrel
This is a troll because in the real classic MC, mobs there were immune to fire damage

In Vanilla, we played classes, not specs. A mage talented into fire STILL HAD ALL THEIR FROST AND ARCANE spells. He simply didn't use his fire spells in MC.
11/08/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Mathmagician
Blizzard hasn't made any final announcements regarding debuffs. They know MC was tuned for 8. This won't be a problem I'm sure as they have till next summer to work on it.

We spent a majority of wow raiding MC with the 16 though since that came out in 1.7 patch sept of 2005 to dec 2006 we were using the 16 debuff limit and they didn't retune then so we played 10 months with the 8 debuff and 15 months with the 16 debuff, and at 1.7 guilds weren't steamrolling MC and BWL. Now I do understand the talents and such at 1.12 may make it easier for those who had a challenge back then but the debuff limit wasn't something that suddenly made you steamroll things.
So are we advocating for #changes now? You wanted the vanilla experience, we are getting the vanilla experience. Raids were never retuned to be harder in vanilla. We will be getting either changes or no changes, you can't pick and choose these things.