Unofficial Zandalari Warlock Discussion Megathread

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Blizzard says Zandalari has no connection to fel... but fel wasn't the reason the darkspear became warlocks. It was always affliction and demonology.

The same could be said for Zandalari. If for example one spec is enough to justify priests for void elves like shadow priest I think the same case could be made for affliction warlocks and trolls... since Trolls are beings that are popular with curses. The zandalari slide was more accurate with there representation of lore imo. They should have stuck with those 10 classes. I do hope they reconsider and add them so Zandalari could be the first playable race with 10 base classes.

But they not want that for some arbitrary reason. Either way I am happy to get Zandalari monks. And am content with Darkspear Warlocks, but I have seen some cool mogs for zandalari mogs that really fit the theme of affliction warlocks that really could be used to appear similiar to bwonsamndi and Zul popular shadow magic users that do not go void form. I do hope blizzard puts them in and focuses in on hexxar lore and affliction/shadow magic not the fel. They could explore more fel within the horde but Zandalari are primarily about voodoo.
Please, Papa Ion, all I wanted for Christmas was Zandalari Locks.
The trolls have a LONG and messy history.

They use to practice "dark and unholy" arts...which at the time were considered good, HOWEVER...that all changed with Hakkar the Soulflayer.

They realized after he was summoned that sure, you got power and could go undefeated, but the cost of that was too much...it nearly wiped them out.

They likely would NEVER choose to deal with that kind of power again.

Fel is corrupting. It is volatile and destructive.

Demon's can't always be controlled so they turned to an alternative way of gaining their power (similar to DH's).

I wouldnt mind locks beign available ot new race, but their past with uncontrollable power also makes me agree with why they may ban them as it risks repeating their past.

Zandalari trolls are very stoic to their roots in beliefs and views.
11/09/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ashfinger
why you think Zandalari Warlocks should not have been removed

Pretty sure they were never added. Hard to remove what was never there. Your thoughts?
I think some of why people are annoyed is there is a decent amount of existing lore from vanilla concerning Zandalari warlocks, the Demoniacs. And there is a lot of existing lore concerning monks and the Zandalari distaste for them.

If it came down to monk or warlock, they should have gone with warlock.
11/09/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Jamalia
11/09/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ashfinger
why you think Zandalari Warlocks should not have been removed

Pretty sure they were never added. Hard to remove what was never there. Your thoughts?

Not a good idea to be snarky when it suggests you're unaware of the issue.

All official material up to and including blizzcon showed zandalari warlocks, this was changed with a questionable as hell lore rationale which is clearly just a speed-dialed contrived fabrication.

People are not mad something wasnt given that we expected, people are mad something that was shown forever was changed for a bad reason and leaves us with only 3 allied races, none being the two major draws of the expansion.

And frankly it's just silly of people to say we need to respect the lore established maybe a week ago
Lore supports the fact of having zandalari trolls.

Quite a few of us have stuck with this expansion for a zandalari warlock.
We grinded out our rep too exalted for it. The last minute you decided to swipe it away.
Why must warlocks be the ones to keep getting the short end of the stick, skills taken for 2 other classes. Yet we can't have a race.

Which is silly if you think about it, quite a few people swapping off belf and trolls for much weaker racials. BUT RACIALS BE DAMNED, ZANDALARI WARLOCK FOR LIFE
Blizzard officially declares Zandalari Warlocks a mistake and retcons lore to say that there cannot be Zandalar Warlocks.

Blizzard stock then drops by 20%

Coincidence?
11/09/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Ceejay
Blizzard officially declares Zandalari Warlocks a mistake and retcons lore to say that there cannot be Zandalar Warlocks.

Coincidence?

We march in single file - to hide our numbers.
if the pandaren were able to forgive garrosh blowing up their vale... pretty sure they could forgive some zandalari and teach them to become monks...
11/09/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Ultimecia

We grinded out our rep too exalted for it. The last minute you decided to swipe it away.
Why must warlocks be the ones to keep getting the short end of the stick, skills taken for 2 other classes. Yet we can't have a race.

Which is silly if you think about it, quite a few people swapping off belf and trolls for much weaker racials. BUT RACIALS BE DAMNED, ZANDALARI WARLOCK FOR LIFE

Well that was bad for you to do because zandalari classes were not known until only a week ago so.
11/09/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Felplagued

Well that was bad for you to do because zandalari classes were not known until only a week ago so.

Zandalari warlocks make more sense than zandalari paladins
Here are sone lore reasons that zandalari warlocks are playable.
Your character is most likely an exile from Volduun given a second chance joining the horde.

You study hexing with former shadow loa. Such as maybe Shadra.

You joined the horde as a mage and discovered there dark library in there armies.

They picked up fel usage from some nightborne that helped them enhance there hexes.

Followers of bwomnsamdi that are mainly affliction lock oriented. Focus on themes of cursing drain soul and the usage of souls like the mechanical voodoo golems.
11/09/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Ceejay

Coincidence?

Curse of Poverty
I know that no one will really believe me, but I quite literally have been playing this game for the past several months solely to race change to a Zandalari Warlock.

I'm not a big raider, I don't care about item level, I just like to quest to max level and then get some kinda cool transmog gear from older raids. I've been so excited about my Zandalari lock. This is crushing.

I've still got a bit of rep left with Zandalar, but if they don't give us back the option of Z Locks like they promised, I will be unsubscribing.
11/09/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Felplagued

official material had locks on it since there was any suggestion we'd be getting Zandalari trolls. Please, is there a single critic of this thread that acknowledges this fact?

I know technically it wasnt a guarantee but no other class has had this bait and switch pulled on them, so really it was not reasonable to expect this change of heart on Blizzard's part.

And their justification is highly questionable, so really we just got treated unfairly.

11/09/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Bokonon
I know that no one will really believe me, but I quite literally have been playing this game for the past several months solely to race change to a Zandalari Warlock.

I'm not a big raider, I don't care about item level, I just like to quest to max level and then get some kinda cool transmog gear from older raids. I've been so excited about my Zandalari lock. This is crushing.

I've still got a bit of rep left with Zandalar, but if they don't give us back the option of Z Locks like they promised, I will be unsubscribing.

I cancelled my sub today, there was no prompt asking me why so I made a ticket specifically to tell them :D
If Lightforged draenei don't get monks, why on earth do Zandalari trolls? Swap monk for warlock and I'd say the class lineup is golden.
11/09/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Schreiber
If Lightforged draenei don't get monks, why on earth do Zandalari trolls? Swap monk for warlock and I'd say the class lineup is golden.

Stop suggesting this please. Zandalari have brewmasters in questing zones. And share qualities that horde pandaren like. Lightforged dranei should be monks and blizzard started giving noticably more classes to allied races after feedback given from the low class numbers of lightforged dranei and highmountain tauren.
I find it abit ironic.

People were keep yelling for Zandalari Paladins, despite datamined information showed nothing remotely playable, and in-game lore states Rezan is dead and Prelates lost their powers. And yet they keep 'demanding' playable Troll Paladins.

Now other people asking for Zandalari Warlocks, showing how 'lore reason' being used is fluke and retconned - and we have all these people showing up saying these people who ask for ZD warlocks are 'selfish' 'entitled', that they should 'content with that they have'.

Why don't these people show up when the forums are imploded with Zandalari Paladin's 'selfish entitled demands'?