resto druid in SotS

Druid
I have a 120 druid and trying to heal Shrine of the storm. I've watched the youtube videos etc but I'm finding groups hard. very hard.

I think its due to a lot of reasons

1 - I'm targeted and getting smoked, ( or I'm standing in something, yet I have the addons that warn me to move though, so don't think it is that and). I try to stay out of damaging mechanics and I move a lot. not much I can do if targeted. hopefully tank or someone notices. if its melee on me I'll run to the tank in hope he can aggro it. ranged stuff is a problem though.

2- DPS output is just ... Bad. The damage output is just too low. Only thing I can think is they should raise the minimum ilevel or something.

2a - DPS is all standing in @#$%#$ or are targeted or get to close to other mobs and pull them too *sigh*.

2b - or group just flat out don't know the fight. For the problem with not knowing the fight,I feel like the game should offer more clues what needs to be done at times. From my angle I always go watch youtube guides before even trying a dungeon because the encounters at times are just flat out mysterious and unclear what to do if you don't.

3 - sometimes the encounter just throws out to much @#%#% for the resto to handle well once incoming damage exceeds my max output of hot healing is reached its usually game over. I think this is just a general problem with all healers though. not sure what to do here other than ask the group to NOT pull to much stuff (and tank to hold onto aggro), NOT stand in @#$#, and not aggro near by groups. And maybe know the fights and others in the group should use some crowd control too or throw out some secondary healing or defenses.

finally last night I was in a group like this, it started ok...but folk kept dying for random reasons, in once case because a dps pulled addition pack. in another case stand in @#$ or some kind of lightning strike and insta dead (can't heal they died so fast). this went on and on, till we got to the lord stormsong and we wiped because folks didn't know the fight. that was it for me. :) it was too painful to continue with that group.
sots and Kings Rest are the most challenging dungeons currently. The adds after the second boss can kill you if you don’t have an interrupt order. Same with the adds after first boss if they don’t stand in the circle. The second boss’s cleave can quickly kill the tank or dps if they don’t handle it right. DPS in general are just brain dead on the third boss and stay MCd till they die.

My advice is to look up atleast the tank in raider.io and make sure he’s decent before you join. If he is he might give some leadership to the group. I don’t really have an issue with the dungeon but I’m a tank. And I make sure the people I bring with me are competent.

Also the dps is suppose to LOS that lightning strike to avoid the damage entirely. Your just in bad groups. Look up the people your doing a group with so your not stuck in 45min of hell lol.
Thanks for reply, the tank I had last night was pretty good, definitely knew the fights, a couple times he/she spoke up to set the tone of "dos and don'ts" yet, I could tell after the last wipe they were as done as I was. from my end now trying to figure out optimize my contributions.

Agree these dungeons remind me of the cataclysm ones, a bit more challenging.
Yeah, as a healer you can't really carry the group not doing mechanics and/or missing important interrupts, maybe if the group overgear the content by a lot but otherwise no way. I think shrine has some mechanics that can be particularly punishing for players that don't know them.

My advise is that you try to find a semi-consistent group to push your raider.io score, healing lower Keys can be a real nightmare and often will require to do 2 to 3 times as much healing to "carry" the many mistakes, up to a point ofc, there are some things that you can't heal through even at lower levels (and I assume it's equal or worse at Heroic/M0 since payers are used to faceroll that content). It's also quite common people flaming the healer when they die and don't understand why was that.

Once you are around 1k score you'll consistently be invited to +10 and +11 keys and the groups get a lot better since everyone who is around that level already knows the dungeons mechanics, mistakes will still happen but will be far less common and instead of flaming the healer I've found a lot of people apologize when they make a mistake that kills them and/or makes your job harder.
Shrine healing really is 100% on the party getting their !@#$ right before you can reasonably heal what they're taking. Are there any pulls in particular that are smoking you? When I screw up it's usually the wind cookie, but for the most part wipes are usually caused by:

* people standing in AOE
* getting too interrupt-happy on Galecaller and spamming themselves with tornadoes
* not standing in the ward during Carve beam
* not focusing/stunning the AOE shadow guys after Galecaller
* pulling the entire bridge and wondering why the healer can't dispel 3-4 drown bubbles
* killing Vol'zith's adds and letting them explode on the party instead of kiting the boss around them
11/10/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Mooing
sots and Kings Rest are the most challenging dungeons currently. The adds after the second boss can kill you if you don’t have an interrupt order. Same with the adds after first boss if they don’t stand in the circle. The second boss’s cleave can quickly kill the tank or dps if they don’t handle it right. DPS in general are just brain dead on the third boss and stay MCd till they die.

My advice is to look up atleast the tank in raider.io and make sure he’s decent before you join. If he is he might give some leadership to the group. I don’t really have an issue with the dungeon but I’m a tank. And I make sure the people I bring with me are competent.

Also the dps is suppose to LOS that lightning strike to avoid the damage entirely. Your just in bad groups. Look up the people your doing a group with so your not stuck in 45min of hell lol.

Aaall this. Group comp is super important for interupts. Mechanics have to be respected in M+.