Most enjoyable caster in BfA?

General Discussion
I'm returning after a long break from Legion. I've always played melee and wanting to give a caster dps a shot.

Any suggestions?
I’m finding balance Druid to be pretty fun :)
11/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Turdferguson
I'm returning after a long break from Legion. I've always played melee and wanting to give a caster dps a shot.

Any suggestions?

Shadow Priest, at least at low levels.
11/10/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Vindicative
Balance is really fun.
too bad Im finding at over 116 or so they really cant handle much damage at all.
My 120 mage is wiping out small villages without breaking a sweat, but my 120 druid cant handle a brisk wind without folding like a house of cards.
Don't bother and go with hunter or stick to melee.
So far only Demonology is the top performing DPS caster.
Mage or Warlock. Don’t play a hybrid if you only plan on dpsing. At least one spec will be viable.
your mom
Fire Mage or Affi Warlock are the only ones seeing invites for Mythic raids.

This is currently World of Meleecraft, so any melee will be above any other caster spec besides those two
Shamans. /s
11/10/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Jatari
11/10/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Vindicative
Balance is really fun.
too bad Im finding at over 116 or so they really cant handle much damage at all.
My 120 mage is wiping out small villages without breaking a sweat, but my 120 druid cant handle a brisk wind without folding like a house of cards.

So true, and just wait until you initially hit 120 and the mobs scale up. When you first hit 120 a Balance Druid can't handle a strong breeze. Every mob you fight erases half of your HP - you get 2 mobs on you...forget about it.

Add to that the painfully low haste levels and balance Druids ultra slow cast times and the class feels like a disaster. I had to shelf my Balance Druid that I've mained for almost 10 years, I just couldn't play him this expansion.
11/10/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Kinria
Don't bother and go with hunter or stick to melee.
So far only Demonology is the top performing DPS caster.

????? excuse me
Frost mage is getting completely gutted in 8.1. It's unclear if it will still be desired for M+ or if they're just going to get replaced by balance druid. Fire is supposed to be the top raid spec, but it does substantially less damage than frost for me so I think it might be very highly gear dependent.

Warlock stands out overall as the best caster for pve content.
Affliction lock is fun, and by fun I mean you get to get invited to raids and m+ which is more fun than not getting invited to anything because you’re playing shadow priest or ele shaman
Fire Mage for sure.
Having fun leveling an Arcane Mage.
11/10/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Audeze
11/10/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Jatari
...Balance is really fun.

So true, and just wait until you initially hit 120 and the mobs scale up. When you first hit 120 a Balance Druid can't handle a strong breeze. Every mob you fight erases half of your HP - you get 2 mobs on you...forget about it.

Add to that the painfully low haste levels and balance Druids ultra slow cast times and the class feels like a disaster. I had to shelf my Balance Druid that I've mained for almost 10 years, I just couldn't play him this expansion.

A lot of casters feel this way, especially under 2 circumstances:

1) low haste (anything below 15%)
2) first reaching level 120

I love my Elemental Shaman, but I’ve also gotten the gear to get him to 22% haste. Below 20% it was hard to be competitive because things were dying before I was getting my hard casts off