Frost Mage PTR Changes/Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I notice there has been quite a few blue posts for specs with respect to the upcoming or latest PTR changes. For example, Enhance and Ele Shaman, Shadow, Demonology, Affliction, MM Hunter, and more. But I cannot see any blue posts regarding frost mage. The latest changes appear reasonably significant and, I would have thought, probably warrant some feedback. Specifically feedback on the intent of the changes for the spec, how the spec is performing with the adjustments and whether that performance is warranting further adjustment.
TBH I have not seen any specific feedback from frost mages actually playing on the PTR ... unless someone can point me to any. Was this latest round of adjustments driven by frost mage feedback?
So could frost mages get some feedback please?
Well considering the constant nerfs frost has been getting, we have obviously been performing far too well for blizzards like.

Theres an extremely low chance of mages getting a blue post honestly because each spec is more or less fully functional.
11/10/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Azulla
Well considering the constant nerfs frost has been getting, we have obviously been performing far too well for blizzards like.

Theres an extremely low chance of mages getting a blue post honestly because each spec is more or less fully functional.

This is what I want clarified ... we each assume the reasoning but only Blizzard can tell us what they intend for the spec. As to "fully functioning", "fully" is a fairly broad term as is "functional". It is all relative.
you better start practicing fire mage rotation, cause frost mages spec is getting gut in a month.
11/10/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Ojoverde
you better start practicing fire mage rotation, cause frost mages spec is getting gut in a month.

Actually I am likely to dust off my Lock ... may as well join the easy mode party
So, yes, I've tried Frost on the PTR. Changes will make me quit playing it. I find questing to be considerably more painful because where I used to slow with Blizzard, mobs just walk out of it and are already back to normal speed. A 1.5 second slow is a joke. Damage nerf is noticeable for AoE. Frost was already taken to group content due to slows, not it's stellar damage.

If the Frost changes were an attempt to take Frost from a top M+ spec and mediocre raid spec to a mediocre M+ spec and a bottom-tier raid spec, they are astoundingly effective.
11/11/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Majyka
So, yes, I've tried Frost on the PTR. Changes will make me quit playing it. I find questing to be considerably more painful because where I used to slow with Blizzard, mobs just walk out of it and are already back to normal speed. A 1.5 second slow is a joke. Damage nerf is noticeable for AoE. Frost was already taken to group content due to slows, not it's stellar damage.

If the Frost changes were an attempt to take Frost from a top M+ spec and mediocre raid spec to a mediocre M+ spec and a bottom-tier raid spec, they are astoundingly effective.

Thanks Majyka. Are these forums the only place for feedback from those testing on PTR? Or does Blizzard provide those with PTR access other avenues. Just that I have not seen or noted direct PTR feedback from frost mages or Blizzard in these forums.
I would love to hear why they gutted our slows and left other specs with equal ability to slow alone.

Same with AoE, plenty of specs that can AoE equal or better that are not being touched.

More importantly would love to know why they can adjust AoE and slows yet have not addressed;

FoF Proc munching - because too many generated or wasted after Flurry, easily solved via a 3rd charge of FoF and refund any FoF consumed after Flurry. This also makes Ray even less useful because you need to ensure no generators in air before hitting

Proc protection - way too easy to go 10+ frost bolts without a BF proc, this wrecks any chance at a competitive pull. Again this code exists in game, so easily addressed.
Let’s say I paid for boosting a toon, given I enjoyed the gameplay of the spec at the time of choosing it.

Later on, blizz swings the nerf hammer and hit for 90% of the abilities that made the spec survivable in certain game aspects, where I enjoy playing it.

Wouldn’t I be entitled for a refund, as you are offering a totally different product experience now, which I no longer want to play? Is no longer enjoyable.

Is like I buy a 3.0 liter Audi and later on, during a periodical maintenance, you decide to replace the engine with a 0.3 liter one, as you think the 3.0L one won’t be safe for the other traffic participants.

These are not the abilities that I paid for. If I’d new from the start that in 2 months’ time I won’t enjoy using this spec/class following a massive nerf, I wouldn’t have paid for the boost.

With such a behavior I think blizz is improving EA tactics to force ppl into micro transactions, just to get used to mobile gaming .. future of blizz IPs.

Given the above, doesn’t have more logic, from customer/product experience perspective, to buff the under performers instead of nerfing everyone to the ground for class balance?
11/10/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Telchar
11/10/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Azulla

This is what I want clarified ... we each assume the reasoning but only Blizzard can tell us what they intend for the spec. As to "fully functioning", "fully" is a fairly broad term as is "functional". It is all relative.

Has anyone actually seen a Blue mention any mage spec? (aside from the blue colored patch note posts of course...)

Because the lack of communication regarding the mage as a whole is really a huge concern.
Its like they don't give a sh*t.
I've seen blues talk about shamans, priests, warlocks, hunters. And druids a while back.
But nothing on mages.

For instance, like why do they think nerfing snares this much for frost is necessary.
The melees got all of their aoe nerfs reverted but not for frost. Why is this?
What is their intention. (I'm not asking for opinions or assumptions from other players, I want to hear the devs voice)

Or how about the reason why they don't make Phoenix Flames baseline, because its been asked for. (and a lot)
Are they afraid because it'll get imbalanced in PvP? Because in PvE I do think its lame that we need to choose between FO and PF.
They gave us a blanket buff a while I go, but its like they don't want to bother spending the time to rework the spec. (its like, just give fire a blanket buff and be done with it)
Or maybe they don't have the resources because of WoW mobile or something /sarcasm

I really would like some kind of a communication from blues.
Its really frustrating to be left in the dark.
I'm surprised there aren't more mages commenting on frost. It seems to me like the spec was totally gutted, so definitely going to be harder to find a place in raids and M+. I think they are way overboard.

Arcane just needs . . . a total rework. I think the devs have just abandoned the spec, to be honest. It plays like they started a revamp, couldn't figure out what to do, so just left it half finished.
No simpaty for frost mages here, they are OP and needed the nerf badly, good job blizzard.
11/15/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Ojoverde
No simpaty for frost mages here, they are OP and needed the nerf badly, good job blizzard.

What is wrong with you? Did you lose a spot to a mage in a pug m+ group or something? It’s the only place frost is any good so that’s the only reason I can think of. Just do keys with your guild so you don’t have to deal with silly pugs :). Locks are living the good life right now in pve content, well aff and destro at least.
11/14/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Majyka
I'm surprised there aren't more mages commenting on frost.
They ignored most of the feedback in alpha, beta, and now in the live game. It doesn't feel worth the effort to provide anymore feedback. They will, for the most part, implement what they want with little more than lip service to player feedback.

The changes to chill thoroughly gut what I liked about the frost spec. They have done nothing about proc munching, but they will take the time to nerf something that stands out with regards to the spec theme. If I were currently playing the spec I would be frustrated, but at the moment I just feel apathy toward the dev's vision for the mage specs and thus toward the game as a whole. Apathy seems to sum up their approach to arcane.

Seeing the new ring for azerite armor won't go live until early next year, rather than when patch 8.1. lands further makes me wonder about the devs. We already hate azerite armor. They have something they think will fix it, though I doubt it will, but they want to delay the fix even more? They already delayed number tuning for specs while letting players hope they would fix rotational issues. I just don't understand it. It feels like those tasked with class spec rotational design and number tuning are stretched too thin between other duties.