I understand now. Tell me if you agree!

General Discussion
After getting bored of BFA, hating blizzcon for their diablo immortal mobil projects, and just hating the company overall for the disconnection with us, i decided to just stop for a second and see their point of view.

Maybe....just maybe...phones are getting so advanced, we wont need desktops any more. Mobile devices will become the next powerplants.
May be we will be able to connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor to our phones.
So, as far as I know, if a company wants to survive, they have to think into the future.
So in Blizzards mind, mobile is the future!
Am I wrong?
right now you are paying for smaller performance but it is more compact.

i can see your point though when you look at how portable the switch is. I took it on vacation playing skyrim and it was great.

personally though phone gaming doesn't replace pc. I need buttons. not a glitchy touch screen.

Anyone raided in pokemon go in the rain? yea all the premier balls just flop to the ground.
I work with a guy that bought the latest Samsung phone, he can connect to a monitor and run his desktop on it, as for games not sure. Hope not for the sake of PC gaming. I’m afraid we are not far from running mobile games through some sort of “hotspot” to controllers/larger screens. ☹️
It's a basic business expansion. It's not a complete restructuring of the company. There is no chance that Acti-Blizz will stop making PC and console game. The mobile market is simply something they're trying to break into even more.

It's like when McD's serves salads or Walmart delivers groceries to your home. It doesn't mean that burgers and brick & mortar stores are going away.
It is only a matter of time that gaming evolves into tablets/phone sized devices. Consoles like the Nintendo Switch are the future.
If blizzard goes mobile, me and the rest of the core PC playerbase will be leaving. I bought my computer to game. Not my phone. I will just play something else that is a PC game instead. Why? Because I'm a PC gamer.

Blizzard may be heading towards the mobile market because it's growing, but if they ignore the base that made than grew, that's some very nasty reputation smearing.
they're not going to stop making pc games.
no revenue models in the US can match what pay to win microtransaction loving asian players are willing spend on mobile RPGs, get used to them being the priority
People act like its impossible to have a mobile division..and still make PC/Console games.
Mobile tech will never replace standing PC, it may replace laptops sure but big beefy PC never. Technology is only going to get more and more resource hungry and mobile just lacks the advancement to keep up.

I'll give you an example, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 can barley keep up with full setting VR gaming let alone 4K gaming which is were future games are headed.

VR and 4k are future technologies that are being implemented into games, and 8k is just around the corner. Mobile game is limited by size, space, and battery, so no not in our life time.
I dont understand why people don't realize that mobile gaming is a HUGE thing... of COURSE they're going to get in on it. It doesnt mean there won't be other releases for PC and consoles, it doesn't mean that's it for Diablo... they're just trying to expand to a new market as well.

Honestly I really hope they make a Wow battle pets mobile game... it would be an amazing way to pass the time between classes/while travelling while simultaneously levelling your pets.

Long story short: a mobile game (or games) existing doesn't mean the games we know and love are doomed.
No one is forcing you to play every property Blizzard releases.

More money coming in, means more dev dollars.

I honestly don’t get the hate.

I’ll never play DI, but then I don’t game on my phone. However, many people do.

Why are people so scared of DI?
I don’t blame blizzard for making a mobile game.

While driving just about every person I see walking down the street has a phone shoved in their face. That is smart on their part.

Now bfa is shallow and hollow. Then again I did just start diving into any content.

I will say blizzard has screwed with wow a little too much. Blizzard has made wow or tried to make wow esporty. That has no play in an mmo “RPG
11/10/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Delenloril
they're not going to stop making pc games.

Maybe not. But bigger markets overseas in places when fewer people own PCs continue to grow and become more lucrative. AAA titles get inferior PC ports if any at all.

The future is not bright for PC gaming.
11/10/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Nîghtlord
Maybe....just maybe...phones are getting so advanced, we wont need desktops any more.
yeah, but not at all.

they're making diablo immortal because everyone has a phone, not because phones are superior to computers.

They're not shifting to the superior platform for gaming, they're shifting to where the largest potential audience is.
i'm still too cheap to have a modern mobile device that exceeds 64gb of storage, the only one would be my 160gb ipod classic i bought 11 years ago
No, it is just because Fortnite made a lot.

They'll only make little games for phones, since they can't even make Wow run that great on a PC.
you are absolutely right!
but...
that future is not today. there are people who still play older consoles. people still read books. there will always be desktop gamers. so if you are a leader in that market, its a bad move to throw it away on a "what if" no matter how likely.

by all means keep an eye on it, move into that market but why would you stop building cars to add trucks to your line? why not both? and why build a truck on a car chassis?

activision already owns king and this really seems more like their wheelhouse imo.
I remember these forums roasting the wow dev that said he played wow a tablet
11/10/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Nîghtlord
After getting bored of BFA, hating blizzcon for their diablo immortal mobil projects, and just hating the company overall for the disconnection with us, i decided to just stop for a second and see their point of view.

Maybe....just maybe...phones are getting so advanced, we wont need desktops any more. Mobile devices will become the next powerplants.
May be we will be able to connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor to our phones.
So, as far as I know, if a company wants to survive, they have to think into the future.
So in Blizzards mind, mobile is the future!
Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

The entire problem with phones is a loss of immersion. The folks that play Diablo and wanted a D4 announcement play on rigs that cost several thousand dollars and want to have the fully immersive game on a large screen so they can enjoy all the eye candy and have full control. The PC is the top of the ladder for gaming, it always has been and there isn't anything that has come along yet that can match it. It is the gold standard for gaming and immersion.

Yes, mobile could be important, and i am sure from what i understand in eastern countries where they don't have the resources to all have computers, phone games work well. But it was the PC that built Blizzards franchises and the PC is where all those people at Blizzcon come from and pay for all those items they come out with that are part of their IP like statues and mouse pads etc. etc. etc., that is the audience. Nothing wrong with trying to grow the audience with new players, something wrong with the disconnect between the people that paid thousands of dollars to be at Blizzcon and not understanding just HOW BAD the Diablo Immortal announcement would come across to a PC master race crowd like at Blizzcon.