One way to balance all classes and specs.

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Eliminate all the variables.
Damage/healing abilities: Make them all the same, With the same item level gear pieces, everyone has the exact same output. Every spec has 4-5 spells with different names that do exactly the same thing. Add in a few self buffs that need to be kept up.

Gear: No stats, only item level, which boosts throughput by a fixed percentage for each ilevel point.

Talents: Eliminate them, Too many variables.

Playstyle: Remove it's effects. Put all spells on a castsequence. You hit them 1,2,3,4 repeat. Or, automate it to eliminate timing variations: One key to start the sequence, another to stop it.
What clever and original commentary.
Op's suggestion would officially kill the game.

Removing abilities, stat interaction, depth from specs has had a huge and negative impact on the number of players over the years these things have been implemented.
Stop changing so much every end expansion and Pre-Expansion?

I imagine they would have so much time for everything else if they just kept expansion transition changes to a minimum. New systems are fun sometimes (Legion weps yes, BfA az gear is bad for now) but really most people only want another talent row each expansion, which I imagine is still easier to balance than large changes.

I mean I dont develop games so I dont know if keeping it simple like that would be faster for them but it seems like it would be less work.

Simple rule really: Dont break what isnt broke.
11/11/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Raziael
Op's suggestion would officially kill the game.

Removing abilities, stat interaction, depth from specs has had a huge and negative impact on the number of players over the years these things have been implemented.

sat·ire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/Submit
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
11/11/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Unholynite
sat·ire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/Submit
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
At some point in the past 20 years, the internet killed satire. I don't know when it happened. The media never reported its demise. It simply faded from existence; an unheard cessation of breath, vanishing with nary a whimper.

My best guess puts its death somewhere between tweet #129,998,256 and tweet #148,582,493.
11/11/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Masoschism
At some point in the past 20 years, the internet killed satire. I don't know when it happened.

The problem is when people communicate in text and fail to actually communicate in any way they are using satire or being sarcastic, in combination with the fact that there are people that legitimately believe similar stupid ideas who write the exact same thing and intend it to be taken at face value. The problem lies not with the people seeing the message but the message itself. Often times it's due to the author believing they are witty when in fact they are clearly not.
11/11/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Hadhit

I imagine they would have so much time for everything else if they just kept expansion transition changes to a minimum. New systems are fun sometimes (Legion weps yes, BfA az gear is bad for now) but really most people only want another talent row each expansion, which I imagine is still easier to balance than large changes.

I mean I dont develop games so I dont know if keeping it simple like that would be faster for them but it seems like it would be less work.

Simple rule really: Dont break what isnt broke.

Balancing stability and innovation should be a class design fundamental but after 14 years I don't think the WoW class devs are interested in such.
11/11/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Hadhit

This would be the best. For quite a few expansions characters had a general sense of growth and not redesign. Now we just get unnecessary redesign.
11/11/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Nyhlia
The problem is when people communicate in text and fail to actually communicate in any way they are using satire or being sarcastic
I had no problem recognizing it as satire. There was nuance and "overthetopness" that would not have been in a serious piece. It was also a coherent and thoughtful post. People who suggest such things in earnest are invariably the opposite of "coherent and thoughtful".

I'm not saying I don't get your point, what I am saying is your point is my point. People don't recognize satire because EVERYONE is a writer now, even the clueless.
11/11/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Masoschism
I had no problem recognizing it as satire. There was nuance and "overthetopness" that would not have been in a serious piece. It was also a coherent and thoughtful post. People who suggest such things in earnest are invariably the opposite of "coherent and thoughtful".

Except you're pretending that it's an easily identifiable black and white issue. It's not. There is nothing, literally nothing, that is explicit or even implicit in the post that indicates it's satire. Any interpretation as satire is entirely predicated upon how you choose to read into the post and assess tone, which isn't based on the intent or content of the message, it's entirely predicated upon how you choose to perceive the person writing it, essentially a gut feeling. And if you choose to see people that way, that speaks about your character (in a positive way) and it doesn't speak to whether the content of the post is satire or not.

11/11/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Masoschism
I'm not saying I don't get your point, what I am saying is your point is my point. People don't recognize satire because EVERYONE is a writer now, even the clueless.

Wrong. People don't recognize satire because a position that would have been considered ridiculous if taken seriously before that was obviously satire is now conflated with identical arguments made in earnest. It's not any more or less complicated than that.
Too bad the game already feels this way
11/11/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Deathage
Too bad the game already feels this way

^^
If blizz did this they would still manage to leave one class with an AoE stun, another with a battle rez and lastly, one class would have a -10% damage modifier.