Get rid of Thrallmar guard stun

War Mode and World PvP
It's not fair to alliance that the horde guards have stun and the alliance guards do nothing but tickle the horde. Before a bunch of horde come in here and tell me how it's fine, why do you think that this is fair? And if you aren't part of the scene that plays in hellfire then who cares what you think!
Working as intended. Keep them.
11/11/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Diago
Working as intended. Keep them.

Oh, hey! It's the guy who only fights when he has a raid behind him. Even then you lose most of the time. Figures you would like the stun, can't win a fight to save your life, let alone a fair one.
11/11/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Sübzero
Oh, hey! It's the guy who only fights when he has a raid behind him.

?

I roll with 2 people but okay.

11/11/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Sübzero
can't win a fight to save your life, let alone a fair one.

I mean if you're looking for a duel with yours truely, i'll give you one in another hour after raid.

Not scared of a challenge.
thrallmar guard stun

lol thats so 10 years ago

horde guards are OP compared to alliance ones, everybody knows that

the thunder bluff guards do the same, and as theres no DR, when they reach a critical mass they stunlock you indefinitely

some other ones have a 50% mortal strike
11/11/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Creeks
lol thats so 10 years ago

horde guards are OP compared to alliance ones, everybody knows that

the thunder bluff guards do the same, and as theres no DR, when they reach a critical mass they stunlock you indefinitely

some other ones have a 50% mortal strike

how about them forever slow debuff dorf guards tho
You could always raid Zuldazar Horde city and camp the boat. We do that specifically because the guards tickle once you get to the core of their base.... but getting there? GG. It's really annoying. But once inside, your group can have quite the blast farming people.
I fully completed To Hellfire And Back on this alt. I say buff the stun, considering the number of gankers lurking around. Every 30 minutes someone complained in /1. Call me mathematically illiterate, but that's too many times I have to be bothered to put someone on ignore.
11/11/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Sübzero
It's not fair to alliance that the horde guards have stun and the alliance guards do nothing but tickle the horde. Before a bunch of horde come in here and tell me how it's fine, why do you think that this is fair? And if you aren't part of the scene that plays in hellfire then who cares what you think!

Molestation starts with a tickle; I'll take the stun.
You don't see us complain about how the Silvermoon Royal Guards are still level 85 in BFA guarding Lor'themar. The guards in Thrallmar, Honor Hold or any zone make very little to no difference in an actual battle as they're mostly casted to the side being one-shotted during a raid.

Guards are mostly to protect low level players while they quest and are stronger in starter zones for new players, not to help you win a fight against an opposing raid. That's where your raid steps into battle hence why it's called World PvP. If you want NPC's fighting your battles, stick to PvE.
11/12/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Bloodedfaith

Guards are mostly to protect low level players while they quest and are stronger in starter zones for new players, not to help you win a fight against an opposing raid. That's where your raid steps into battle hence why it's called World PvP. If you want NPC's fighting your battles, stick to PvE.

Blizzard broke guards in Cataclysm by making max level guards spawn at any World PvP location, and with ranged weapons.

This means, as a low level, if you stray anywhere near an enemy faction settlement, you get 1-shot by an unseen bullet, through several walls, by an unseen max-level guard.
This was not the case before that, where a guard about 5 levels higher would run and chase you away from the settlement.

For example at Tarren Mill (pre-Cata), a lv20s/30s area, if you got near the base a level 40 guard would spawn. Not max level that would one-shot you, but enough that as a level 30ish, it would force you to retreat after a bit.
This encouraged players to level up in order to be able to attack the town.

I believe the guard change in Cataclysm discouraged all new players from world PvP as they saw it as stupid and hopeless, and broken.
Really stupid change.