GCD on healing CDs/utility

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
just makes me not want to press them, not think about using them btw

take vampiric embrace off the GCD already, it's already worthless enough without it.
They said at Blizzcon that they would be reverting movement/utility spells that were added to the GCD. But were pretty damn ambiguous in their wording.

I imagine this was on purpose, and in typical BFA fashion they will do it in some retarded way and not actually help the spells that need it the most.
11/12/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Varrow
They said at Blizzcon that they would be reverting movement/utility spells that were added to the GCD. But were pretty damn ambiguous in their wording.

I imagine this was on purpose, and in typical BFA fashion they will do it in some retarded way and not actually help the spells that need it the most.

I could almost see them getting added to their own "Utility GCD" at 5 seconds so you can't rapidly use your utility abilities. At least it wouldn't interfere with your normal rotation anymore right? It would also fall right into your theory that it will be done in "some retarded way".

Though honestly it would probably solve most of their issues by actually having a separate GCD for all non-throughput abilities having the time match the normal GCD (1.5 seconds altered by haste). This would include, for example, abilities like Vampiric Embrace or if it still existed Power Infusion, but not abilities like Mind Bender as it does damage. Shaman for example might include Avatar, ghost wolf, and earthgrab totem but wouldn't include fire elemental totem. The tricky part is when you hit abilities shared by multiple specs. For Shadow I could see power word: Shield being affected by this, but not for Disc since PW: Shield is a throughput ability for Disc but utility for Shadow. If it weren't for the ridiculous mana design in the game right now it would encourage Shadow to weave shields into their rotation.

Ultimately it would solve their "cooldown stacking" problem while avoiding messing with the spec rotations. A compromise, if you will, between the old no-GCD on any cooldowns/utility and the new GCD on everything style.