"Shockingly Even"

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 7 Next
This deserves to become a meme.
This doesn't deserve to be a thread.
Fitting name..
If he was including EU and NA together for that statement then it was very disingenuous since that hides a very real problem which is faction wide "talent stacking."

Erelir, your win percentages for AV and IoC are really low for NA horde. What time of day do you play? Are you mercing?
11/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Vanx
since that hides a very real problem

How so? If Alliance can win AV there, why can't we here? If we can win 10/15 mans here, why can't they there? Same game.
11/12/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Jugajr
since that hides a very real problem

How so? If Alliance can win AV there, why can't we here? If we can win 10/15 mans here, why can't they there? Same game.

Um, because of faction-wide talent stacking?

Once again, I don't blame racials or map bias (some maps have bias, but that exists for both sides). I think many alliance on NA are far more casual with respect to PvP and they often times lack basic game knowledge and are quite often undergeared.

Could that situation be reversed in a different market? Yes, this is a problem of culture, not necessarily game design.

BTW: Alliance has been doing better in AV during prime time this weekend, fwiw.
11/12/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Vanx

Explain
If he was including EU and NA together for that statement then it was very disingenuous since that hides a very real problem which is faction wide "talent stacking."

Do we have any actual evidence that the EU rates are significantly different from the NA rates? Time zone appears to matter but I've seen no evidence or even anecdotes saying that region matters.

Erelir, your win percentages for AV and IoC are really low for NA horde. What time of day do you play? Are you mercing?

They're probably typical for Horde that never AFK out, even if they come in as replacements, since when you come in as a replacement, you're usually coming into a loss.
Once again, I don't blame racials or map bias. I think many alliance on NA are far more casual with respect to PvP and they often times lack basic game knowledge and are quite often undergeared.

Could that situation be reversed in a different market? Yes, this is a problem of culture, not necessarily game design.

Exactly. What do you expect them to do? I still can win more than lose in Alliance randoms, and the ones where we lose it's really a matter of people need to play better. Harsh truth, but it is what it is.
I think Blizzard should team up with boosted.com and offer free pvp training for the NA alliance players that need it. :-D
11/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Vanx
I think Blizzard should team up with boosted.com and offer free pvp training for the NA alliance players that need it. :-D

Maybe? idk though a lot of losses aren't due to gear or premades, simply the other team playing much better. I posted a ss of a 5 man I did last night, we came across a Sargeras 5 man guild group and they got maybe 5 kills.
11/12/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Jdpp

Explain

A better pool to recruit from for PvE and PvP mean better people will go horde since its easier to find people at or above your skill level to play with. So more people will reroll from A to H, leaving alliance with pure casuals. Even if they went as far as disabling horde racials entirely while buffing alliance racials it still wouldn't help out NA alliance win rates, we passed a major tipping point expansions ago and its just gotten worse over the years.

11/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Vanx

Yeah step 1 should be how to turn your computer on for most people I see in BGs alliance side.
Often times at the start of a match, I'll assault the enemy's node alone because I know it will put me in a position for a small fight. Alliance will often have a hunter or two guarding that node. Hunters seem to be really really popular with alliance.

It's amazing how often they die without even using turtle. And it is definitely up because it is the very first fight of the match.

I think that is one of the bigger differences between alliance and horde.

Everyone can do damage, but alliance players often use their defensives poorly or in some cases, such as above, not at all.

Horde players tend to have more arena experience, and even if they are low rated matches, playing arena will make you a better defensive player.
11/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Vanx
It's amazing how often they die without even using turtle. And it is definitely up because it is the very first fight of the match.

I think that is one of the bigger differences between alliance and horde.

Everyone can do damage, but alliance players often use their defensives poorly or in some cases, such as above, not at all.

I can agree with you here. So how does Blizzard "fix" an l2p issue on a lot of players ... skill, I guess? I see a lot of great Alliance pugs too, don't get me wrong. Last night went 5 losses in a row. Then went on to 6 wins in a row. It happens

I work 11am-7pm EST ( Monday through Friday) so I'll pick up a game here or there in the morning but I mostly play around 8pm or later and at all times during the weekend. I never leave games and I rarely zone into in-progress games too. I merc'd one EotS on this character and that's it.
It seems like it's not even because the loudest posters happen to be Alliance. Dislike me all you want for that comment, but it's true. The Alliance who are winning aren't in here either.
11/12/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Erelir

I work 11am-7pm EST ( Monday through Friday) so I'll pick up a game here or there in the morning but I mostly play around 8pm or later and at all times during the weekend. I never leave games and I rarely zone into in-progress games too. I merc'd one EotS on this character and that's it.

Just so strange that our experiences in the epics are mirror images of each other even playing at the same time frames. Actually someone said that there is a different pool for players under honor level 30? Is that actually a thing?

Would explain some disparities in experience if so.
11/12/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Vanx
11/12/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Erelir

Just so strange that our experiences in the epics are mirror images of each other even playing at the same time frames. Actually someone said that there is a different pool for players under honor level 30? Is that actually a thing?

Would explain some disparities in experience if so.

Someone mentioned it a while ago (Yarrow? Maybe? Stupid brain can’t remember) that when they hit honor 30 or 31 they started seeming much higher honor level characters.

I’ve never seen one higher than 29 in my games, with the exception of a night where I was in a group. But in that case I was the exception in the BG, with my 10 honor in a BG full of people In the hundreds.
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Tsataga
I’ve never seen one higher than 29 in my games, with the exception of a night where I was in a group. But in that case I was the exception in the BG, with my 10 honor in a BG full of people In the hundreds.

That makes sense then. I don't see anyone lower than 30 in mine. Also if you grouped last expansion you were taken out of the non-prestige bracket.
I don't know. You'd think a <30s only AV would hardly ever run for Horde. The queue times would be horrible.

There was a non prestige bracket in Legion. The gameplay in that bracket was entirely different than the prestige brackets since the TTK was much longer. And as Jugaa said, you got pulled out of that if you queued with someone with prestige.