Will we be able to post as our characters...

General Discussion
In the new Forums?

So many ppl here I recognize by their characters. It would feel so weird if everyone just suddenly becomes their battletag. And honestly, if we cant post as our characters then I will probably be saying goodbye to these forums.
I'm about 99% sure that the answer to that question is going to be yes.

Ox! Be summoned to answer this question!
11/12/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
I'm about 99% sure that the answer to that question is going to be yes.

Oh I sure hope you're right! the whole characters thing made the WoW forums special. All the other Blizz forums are silly icons with battletags on em.
I hope we can post on our characters, if not I will probably make a thread saying I am Cindariel.
I hope so, I'd hate to have to use the monochrome avatars like on the Overwatch forums >.<

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST FOOD?!?!

that might be more effective
I hope it's still character. However, in my case, my battletag is super close to my character name so it wouldn't affect me much either way.
11/12/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
I hope so, I'd hate to have to use the monochrome avatars like on the Overwatch forums >.<

Yeah, I never liked the icon avatars because It felt weird having multiple twins.
I dunno if it will make a difference in my case considering I'll be outed after making a few posts defending Sylvanas.
I'm not really going to care.
I hope so too. If they remove character posts, how will we ever do "mog ratings" or anything fun like "you and person above you..." type posts?

pink mercy is epic icon!
11/12/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Nimoh
I hope so too. If they remove character posts, how will we ever do "mog ratings" or anything fun like "you and person above you..." type posts?

Omg I didn't even think about those threads. And those are my favorite types of threads lol.
11/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Momimfotm
I dunno if it will make a difference in my case considering I'll be outed after making a few posts defending Sylvanas.

Idk lol, there's enough of that on the forums for me to not know who is who.

I think I'd have to make a post about taking body shots off of Anduin or something to really figure out if it's you.
I would hope so, I'm personally not comfortable with my battletag being known to the forums of all places, I get enough grief from people here who think I'm "trolling" just on this character, I don't want them knowing my ID and opening up further potential harassment.
i hope so.

although, i wouldn't be opposed to an optional toggle that shows your battletag next to your character's avatar if the posters wnt to individually toggle theirs visible.
Omg I didn't even think about those threads. And those are my favorite types of threads :(

Ion: "My nerf sense is tingling...someone is having fun! Bring me my nerf bat!"

Probably doesn't know himself.

I'm sure you could find a vampire spray logo or something.
11/12/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Nimoh

Would this really be such a loss? :)
11/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Momimfotm

Idk lol, there's enough of that on the forums for me to not know who is who.

I think I'd have to make a post about taking body shots off of Anduin or something to really figure out if it's you.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You would catfish me with a thread about Anduin to get me to out myself? :)
11/12/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Hella
So many ppl here I recognize by their characters. It would feel so weird if everyone just suddenly becomes their battletag. And honestly, if we cant post as our characters then I will probably be saying goodbye to these forums.

Worst-case you could build up enough rep or whatever it is to post images and embed an image of your avatar in every post.