Wasn't today the day of the big forum upgrade?

General Discussion
I thought the forum wasn't going to be available for the entire morning.
Time zones. How do they work?
It's 6am PST. They are still in their jam jams.
11/13/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Soulprison
It's 6am PST. They are still in their jam jams.

And fuzzy slippers!
The migration starts at 8am and since it’s Blizzard, all times are in PST. So we have 2 hours yet.
Someone said the article got deleted though so I dunno what that means.
RIOT
11/13/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Kirela

it was. Odd...

I thought the forum upgrade started at the same time as the weekly maintenance at 5am PT.
Like all things Blizzard these days, there has been little to no communication about what's going on.

Not that I put this anywhere near the same level as Allied Races/Warfronts/Diablo, but it's still silly to me that they haven't learned their lesson that even a little bit of communication can do a lot to prevent dumpster fires.

It did... this was the link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

now it goes no where.
11/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ralzeeja
Like all things Blizzard these days, there has been little to no communication about what's going on.

Not that I put this anywhere near the same level as Allied Races/Warfronts/Diablo, but it's still silly to me that they haven't learned their lesson that even a little bit of communication can do a lot to prevent dumpster fires.

A couple of people on the forum that don't know how time zones work isn't a dumpster fire.
Only you can prevent Dumpster fires.

You know you read it in the voice of Smokey the bear too. lol
11/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ralzeeja

This isn’t a dumpster fire situation but I agree it would be nice if Blizzard actually communicated more. It’s been close to a week since a blue posted in GD iirc.
11/13/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Vaeana
Time zones. How do they work?

Horribly!

No wait... it’s daylight savings time that I hate.

I hope it means they changed their gd mind. I hate the Redit/Overwatch layout.
11/13/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Lathander

A couple of people on the forum that don't know how time zones work isn't a dumpster fire.

I could swear it said maintenance was supposed to start at 5am PST, which was over an hour ago. But since they removed the article for whatever reason I can’t confirm what I saw.

No this one isn't on the dumpster fire level. I was more referring to the Warfront and Diablo fiascos.

But it's the same reason that they had problems there, because they're apparently bad at maintaining communication with the community. It shouldn't have taken much to reduce the amount of Doomsday-esque threads about the dystopian future of the WoW forums.
11/13/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Momonohime

I could swear it said maintenance was supposed to start at 5am PST, which was over an hour ago. But since they removed the article for whatever reason I can’t confirm what I saw.

I thought the same and the only thing I could find was an MVP post that said 8 to 5. I thought I was mixing my times up but if someone else remembers 5am then now I’m starting to wonder.
You have to remember the PST time zone is hours behind the one that matters.
11/13/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Oakttg

Not true. PST is only one hour behind MST, not "hours." :)
11/13/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Oakttg

Blizzard really should move headquarters to NYC because East Coast is the only relevant time zone.