Wasn't today the day of the big forum upgrade?

General Discussion
11/13/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Tyierin
11/13/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Oakttg
You have to remember the PST time zone is hours behind the one that matters.

Blizzard really should move headquarters to NYC because East Coast is the only relevant time zone.

Agreed. Plus, we don’t want Blizzard to burn down.

Not joking.
8am pst
11/13/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Tovi

Blizzard really should move headquarters to NYC because East Coast is the only relevant time zone.

Not joking.

True lol, hopefully they fireproofed that Thrall statue that they have out front!

Not joking.

Lmaooo
It was 8 to 5. It's supposed to be all day.

I guess we will see when it is 8 PST.

Edit: ya know, I'd just like to point out that this is one of those things they could have kept us posted on (blue could have posted the link, answered some questions when they came up yesterday, let us know if it's still happening or not). Perfectly good opportunity to try some of that better communication out just wasted, and hey it would have not required any dev approval.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not joking.

Agreed. Why do people like to live in that inferno? Jeez, California burns every year, do they like to breathe ash? plus it’s hot and dry.
they really should go by eastern time, thats where im at after all

Not joking.

Agreed. Why do people like to live in that inferno? Jeez, California burns every year, do they like to breathe ash? plus it’s hot and dry.

Yeah I don’t get it either. It’s like saying “gee, I would love to live in a trailer park in Moore, Oklahoma!”
11/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ralzeeja
Like all things Blizzard these days, there has been little to no communication about what's going on.

I'm pretty sure there was a blue post about it that just never got stickied, and thus easily fell off the front page.
11/13/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Soulprison
It's 6am PST. They are still in their jam jams.

You know normal maintenance cycles for this game are 5am-6am PST right?
Like all things Blizzard these days, there has been little to no communication about what's going on.

Not that I put this anywhere near the same level as Allied Races/Warfronts/Diablo, but it's still silly to me that they haven't learned their lesson that even a little bit of communication can do a lot to prevent dumpster fires.

As their stock continues to free fall. Communication should be #1 on the priority list. Ignoring it and hoping it will all go away is instead.
11/13/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Doomclan

I'm pretty sure there was a blue post about it that just never got stickied, and thus easily fell off the front page.

No, because people would have quoted the heck out of that yesterday. If you're talking about them casually mentioning it in a reply to a thread... well, that doesn't count in my book.
11/13/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Malochai
11/13/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Kirela
Someone said the article got deleted though so I dunno what that means.

It did... this was the link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

now it goes no where.

This ^^^^ It was supposed to start at 8am Pacific or 11am Eastern. With the article removed I can only assume it got pushed back and we have to wait for an update about it.

Take away - enjoy the forums for now and assume sometime within this week or next they will still migrate.
Soon (tm)
11/13/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Zimi
11/13/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Soulprison
It's 6am PST. They are still in their jam jams.

And fuzzy slippers!

#jelly
11/13/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Oakttg
You have to remember the PST time zone is hours behind the one that matters.

Pfft east coast/least coast
They really need to learn how to communicate with their player base.

Here’s a working link to their scheduled maintenance

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20039305?linkId=100000004027567

There’s no mention of a forum mitigation, on it, still one can never tell with Blizzard.
11/13/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Mirasol

It did... this was the link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

now it goes no where.

This ^^^^ It was supposed to start at 8am Pacific or 11am Eastern. With the article removed I can only assume it got pushed back and we have to wait for an update about it.

Take away - enjoy the forums for now and assume sometime within this week or next they will still migrate.

Well, that's too bad. I guess that means another week or two of wild conspiracy theories about the new forums.
11/13/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Mirasol

now it goes no where.

Ack. We already celebrated, swapped stories, some said goodbye... I don't wanna go through another 24 hours of that a week from now. Waaaaay too much chaos that disrupts the forums.
11/13/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Tyierin

Not that I put this anywhere near the same level as Allied Races/Warfronts/Diablo, but it's still silly to me that they haven't learned their lesson that even a little bit of communication can do a lot to prevent dumpster fires.

This isn’t a dumpster fire situation but I agree it would be nice if Blizzard actually communicated more. It’s been close to a week since a blue posted in GD iirc.

5 days for GD. Granted 2 were the weekend where we get little to no posting. And there has been another 10-15 posts, but mostly in the 8.1 PTR area. Which is understandable.

Posting specifically in GD shouldn't be a requirement for Blizzard communicating.