Wasn't today the day of the big forum upgrade?

General Discussion
11/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ralzeeja
Like all things Blizzard these days, there has been little to no communication about what's going on.

Not that I put this anywhere near the same level as Allied Races/Warfronts/Diablo, but it's still silly to me that they haven't learned their lesson that even a little bit of communication can do a lot to prevent dumpster fires.

The real problem is that they just do not care at all. It is pathetic and sickening.
11/13/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Kirela
Ack. We already celebrated, swapped stories, some said goodbye... I don't wanna go through another 24 hours of that a week from now. Waaaaay too much chaos that disrupts the forums.

I know I know! I feel the same way. On the good side, it gives folks who might have been unaware, time to grab copies of their favorite stories, guides, posts, etc.

It can also give guide writers sometime to read up on the new forum features and design a new and improved guide. That is a small bit of silver lining.

11/13/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Kheradin
Well, that's too bad. I guess that means another week or two of wild conspiracy theories about the new forums.

That part is frustrating but that is what GD does. This has been planned for over a year. Already came to OW, HotS, and was planned for HS before a small delay. It is coming to ALL the Blizzard forums. No recent news has anything to do with it.

It does not matter what we think of it. It WILL happen.
11/13/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Mirasol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It did... this was the link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

now it goes no where.

This ^^^^ It was supposed to start at 8am Pacific or 11am Eastern. With the article removed I can only assume it got pushed back and we have to wait for an update about it.

Take away - enjoy the forums for now and assume sometime within this week or next they will still migrate.

Dope!

I do want to take a sec to say thanks to you though, Mirasol. I saw that you and Crepe were out in force yesterday trying to clear up misconceptions and inform people about how the new layout works. I appreciate that you guys were doing your best to help people understand what's going on.

So kudos to you two, and anyone else that was doing the same.
It's...

KAOS!
30 minutes
11/13/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Smiðr
It's...

KAOS!

Of course, KAOS would be involved.

You see, the moment I suspected there was something wrong with these new forums, I immediately telephoned headquarters and I happen to know that at this very minute seven web engineers and four moderators are converging on this thread. Would you believe it? Seven.
we will find out in 5 minutes
bamboozled!

another out of season April's fools joke?!

man they never stop, hilarious :)
11/13/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Slappypappy

Pretty sure it is not going to happen today. They removed the Maint notice for the forums. It will happen, but we just need to wait for them to tell us when.
Soooooo anytime now Blizzard...........
11/13/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Mirasol
11/13/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Slappypappy

Pretty sure it is not going to happen today. They removed the Maint notice for the forums. It will happen, but we just need to wait for them to tell us when.

So it's not happening? Lol everyone saying their goodbyes for nothing. Reminds of 2012 when everyone thought the world was gonna end haha
11/13/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Mikuhatsune
11/13/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Mirasol

So it's not happening? Lol everyone saying their goodbyes for nothing. Reminds of 2012 when everyone thought the world was gonna end haha

It will. Just not now.
11/13/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Braniel
11/13/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Mikuhatsune

It will. Just not now.

Exactly. Every single Blizzard forum is moving to the new format. It is just a matter of which day.
What are you guys talking about? Forum upgrade?
11/13/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Apollokai
What are you guys talking about? Forum upgrade?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769719664?page=1

Just make sure to take note of the update at the top.