Silence System

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Last time I was silenced I asked for chat logs. They brought up the same exact thing I got silenced for at an earlier time. Waiting for that triple silence for the same reason as the first now.
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
... do the CM's actually do that? I don't think I've ever seen them post logs that violate chat rules.

They post about what people said. They don't quote them directly, because there's no reason to quote something that is as offensive as many violators turn out to have said.

Some of the stuff you see there is hilarious.

Sounds like I should browse the CS forums more if that kind of entertainment can be had.
11/13/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Crepe
11/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Bipzi
... do the CM's actually do that? I don't think I've ever seen them post logs that violate chat rules.

The CMs don't get involved in these matters. The support forum agents in Customer Support will comment on individual accounts when the account owner asks for clarification or outright lies about the situation they're in.

They won't post logs. They will summarize in certain cases.

Ah ha, thanks for the clarification! I sorta figured they wouldn't post actual logs, but this makes way more sense to my mind.
11/13/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/13/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Frawsted

I mean if you don't like reading em may I suggest you take your high horse on out of my thread then? If you have nothing constructive to say then say nothing.
I felt that Marisol was being very constructive. You might not like what she said but she didn't lie. If the way you just treated her is how you treat people in-game, I think you now know why you keep getting silenced.

So anyone saying “mind your own business” or “leave my thread if you don’t like it” gets silenced? How fascist.
11/13/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Frawsted
Lets uhh keep the personal attacks to yourself that kinda stuff is a quick way to a vacation.

Well you don't get a 30 chat ban for being a well behaved person...
SO to add to my earlier post:

Anyone on here that discussed this ban in this thread, you get a ban, you get a ban and you get a ban...

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
11/13/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Valên

Anyone on here that discussed this ban in this thread, you get a ban, you get a ban and you get a ban...

This category includes:

Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

And you get a ban
...I felt that Marisol was being very constructive. You might not like what she said but she didn't lie. If the way you just treated her is how you treat people in-game, I think you now know why you keep getting silenced.

I see also I am not silenced in game why is it people assume that a person who thinks a system is trash has to be in that system currently? I have not been silenced for a good while, if you need proof so you too can get off your high horse with the "Bad guy is silenced must have needed it" I will gladly supply a screenshot of me speaking in a public channel.

I am against this system cuz with today PC culture everyone is offended about everything you cannot say a word in any chat without fear of someone getting you silenced and as I covered above even if it's an error to bad so sad you already served your 24 hours. No player or group should have the power to do that and the "squelch" you all claim is the 24 hour silence should not be automated as it is now. No person should spend 24 hours silenced due to blizzards lack of customer service if they truely did nothing wrong, and as it is now that is exactly what happens.

Itt is so bad now I have spent the day in game and I have seen people talk 4 times unless it was spamming trade selling runs which for some odd reason is allowed by the current system.

No one is calling you a bad guy, and people assume you are silenced because you are very rude. Constructive conversation, and talking in an echo chamber are two different things. You didn't get the answer you wanted, from anyone, so you made a new thread, and another. You could make 1000 threads, and still not get what you want. Since you have such a bad attitude, and are not open to popular opinion, you aren't going to fair well in life. No more threads are needed on this subject.
11/13/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Valên

This category includes:

I just had my temporary ban. All done. :D
11/13/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Frawsted
11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Macällän

You really want a forum vacation don't you?

Yes thou shalt not speak any ill of MVP's like telling em if they don't like the threads to not respond... I mean even my 10 year old understands if you an't got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing yet here we are. MVP's like to spout how they are just normal players and as such will be treated like one by me they put their pants on 1 leg at a time.

So you just want an echo chamber? If no one has anything positive to say, or agree with you, don't post? A good lesson to teach your 10 y/o is 50 no's and 1 yes equals yes, right? If you are getting silenced, it is because you have prompted multiple people to report you. A single person cannot get you silenced. What you want is an instant review of the reports, but with the amount of reports, and the limited number mods, that is impossible. This is a case of not understanding functionality of a queue.
11/13/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Crusti
11/13/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Frawsted

Yes thou shalt not speak any ill of MVP's like telling em if they don't like the threads to not respond... I mean even my 10 year old understands if you an't got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing yet here we are. MVP's like to spout how they are just normal players and as such will be treated like one by me they put their pants on 1 leg at a time.

So you just want an echo chamber? If no one has anything positive to say, or agree with you, don't post? A good lesson to teach your 10 y/o is 50 no's and 1 yes equals yes, right? If you are getting silenced, it is because you have prompted multiple people to report you. A single person cannot get you silenced. What you want is an instant review of the reports, but with the amount of reports, and the limited number mods, that is impossible. This is a case of not understanding functionality of a queue.

Just because 50 people think something is right and 1 person thinks it is wrong doesn't make it right. The forums never have and never will make up a majority of the players. The only people that come to the forums do so to complain. If you tell them they are wrong, they will all report you.
11/13/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Frawsted
I want the system to not auto squelch or 24 hour silence or whatever it is you all have made up happens.
This is NOT going to change. You may not have been around, but that particular thing is an older feature back when gold-selling spammers would flood all public chats from General, to LocalDefense, to Trade, to raid/bg channels.

This was the only way to stop them without having to wait for Blizzard to have a GM to intervene and take care of it... all while the bot just spammed and spammed and spammed.

11/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Lúv
People abuse this all the time like in rated battle grounds, or if somebody really dislikes you all you gotta do is get like 10 of your guidelines/friends to report you and your silenced automatically
No, it's not "abused". It takes a lot more than 10 people to report someone to get the system to squelch them.
11/13/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Paladonkey
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just because 50 people think something is right and 1 person thinks it is wrong doesn't make it right. The forums never have and never will make up a majority of the players. The only people that come to the forums do so to complain. If you tell them they are wrong, they will all report you.

That is not true at all. Have you been reported in this thread, where that very thing is happening right now? You had a bad experience, but do not assume everyone that uses the forums is a vindictive childish A hole.
11/13/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Frawsted
I mean if you don't like reading em may I suggest you take your high horse on out of my thread then? If you have nothing constructive to say then say nothing.

I can see why this guy gets silenced alot.

Nothing on these forums are owned by you in no way, shape or form. Nothing.

Not your character.
Not your post you made.
Not these forums.
No imaginary walls.

Nothing.
11/14/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Crusti
11/13/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Paladonkey

That is not true at all. Have you been reported in this thread, where that very thing is happening right now? You had a bad experience, it do not assume everyone that uses the forums is a vindictive childish a hole.

Well I’m waiting on the day that the forum goers prove me wrong. Until then I will view them as I please
11/14/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Paladonkey

That is not true at all. Have you been reported in this thread, where that very thing is happening right now? You had a bad experience, it do not assume everyone that uses the forums is a vindictive childish a hole.

Well I’m waiting on the day that the forum goers prove me wrong. Until then I will view them as I please

That is a sad way to look at things. If you've been silenced here, you must have been quite offensive. I've disagreed many times, but I try to go about it in an adult manner, and apologize if someone starts to see my comments as an attack.

You can view things however you like, but that doesn't make them true. People on the forums get passionate, but if I haven't been silenced for not going with the popular opinion, I don't see why it would be different for you, unless the attitude is dismal. The people on this forum are not in collusion against you, and I doubt their communication with each other extends outside here. If you are getting enough people reporting you to get a ban, it's on your end.
I've reported a few people for foul language in random dungeons. Not sure if they got what they deserved. I really hope so because that way they'll learn to behave.
11/13/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Frawsted
11/13/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Crepe
What about it do you wish changed?

A general idea of things you can actually get silenced for would be nice as it stands now any disagreement with the herd runs the risk of a silence.

They should send a message to your email for what you got smacked for. If it was for spaming thunderfury or body part [ability] you 100% deserved it.
There comes a point where you need to step back and think;
"Maybe I shouldn't be saying these things."

If the silence penalties are such a big deal to you, there's a good chance most of the community would be better off without you. You're causing issues.
And yes, it's a "you" issue. Not the majority.