Silence System

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
This thread is inappropriately placed. Any of the OP's issues raised here should be placed with the CS forums instead, not in GD. GD is not the appropriate forum for this.
11/13/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Mirasol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

A general idea of things you can actually get silenced for would be nice as it stands now any disagreement with the herd runs the risk of a silence.

We have been over this with you many many times. It is not changing. You won't get a list that you can play rules lawyer with.

How many threads on this are you going to make?

Also, the new forums should have a feature that prevents people who are in-game silenced form posting.

Wow. Can you be any more rude and condescending? Who the hell do you think you are? You're a Green on a forum. Tone it down with the attitude and power-tripping.
Just do I what I do, don't talk in chat. And when this game becomes dead and trade chat is like *watches the tumble weed roll by* then they will see they ruined their own game.

Unless things are specific things against the rules like cursing, insulting others etc then I don't think you should be punished. People disagreeing/not liking your opinion shouldn't equal a silence, period.
I'm automatically skeptical of people who are constantly criticizing the silence system and claiming it's unfair against them, or they got banned for doing nothing.

I've seen a lot of pretty wild stuff in trade/guild/whatever chat in-game and never seen anyone silenced.
11/14/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Byniri
I'm automatically skeptical of people who are constantly criticizing the silence system and claiming it's unfair against them, or they got banned for doing nothing.

I've seen a lot of pretty wild stuff in trade/guild/whatever chat in-game and never seen anyone silenced.

Check Heel vs Babyface on YT. He made a few videos recently detailing and showing proof of Blizzard silencing and censoring quite literally hundreds of thousands of people across social media platforms. They're taking a page out of 1984, and the Greenies here do their brown-nose jobs defending all the censoring.
11/14/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Astraela
11/14/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Byniri

Check Heel vs Babyface on YT. He made a few videos recently detailing and showing proof of Blizzard silencing and censoring quite literally hundreds of thousands of people across social media platforms. They're taking a page out of 1984, and the Greenies here do their brown-nose jobs defending all the censoring.

Press x to doubt.avi

Heels has been 120% negitive since he quit in legion. Besides with some editing i could make it look like blizzard sacrificed puppies.
11/13/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Frawsted
11/13/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Crepe
What about it do you wish changed?

A general idea of things you can actually get silenced for would be nice as it stands now any disagreement with the herd runs the risk of a silence.

11/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Crepe
Silence penalties are handed out for violations of chat channel rules.

Cursing, hate speech, etc.

We have been over this with you many many times. It is not changing. You won't get a list that you can play rules lawyer with.

Also, the new forums should have a feature that prevents people who are in-game silenced form posting.

This is the problem, and maybe the MVP's can clarify.
OP clearly asks for a list of what can get you silenced, squelched, whatever.
MVP 1 says 'sure, simple, look at list of chat rules'
MVP 2 says 'no list for you'

Can you get silenced or squelched for anything a mod seems fit? Seems like MVP 1 attitude is 'here is a list of offences' and MVP 2 attitude is 'we can ban you for whatever'

Also - I thought it was just a rumor that new forum discipline actions would affect your game, but I see that it no rumor afterall.
11/14/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Binkyboy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

11/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Crepe
Silence penalties are handed out for violations of chat channel rules.

Cursing, hate speech, etc.

Can you get silenced or squelched for anything a mod seems fit? Seems like MVP 1 attitude is 'here is a list of offences' and MVP 2 attitude is 'we can ban you for whatever'

Also - I thought it was just a rumor that new forum discipline actions would affect your game, but I see that it no rumor afterall.
buddy the MVPs don't work for blizzard.
11/14/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Sanshunter
11/14/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Astraela

Press x to doubt.avi

Heels has been 120% negitive since he quit in legion. Besides with some editing i could make it look like blizzard sacrificed puppies.

If you want to freely and willingly swallow the verbal diarrhea we're being fed, feel free. I personally don't like the taste. And Heels has been on point every video he posted.
11/14/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Binkyboy

What the OP wants is a list of every single word, topic, or action that can get you suspended or silenced so they can rules lawyer.

They have been linked to the policies many times and had folks willing to explain the basics of civil conduct to them many times.

Code of Conduct https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673
Forum CoC which goes into more detail about the sorts of things you should not do https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

When it comes to use of language, the forum CoC is helpful.

If you read the thread, the OP admits they have an agenda and will keep making this exact same thread over and over.

People get tired of that. Just treat other players like you would any stranger you meet at a family friendly event. That also means avoiding hot social or political topics that cause arguments. That has been a social guideline for thousands of years. Say what you want to your friends, behave in public (forums, public chat channels in game).

They're volunteer community representatives for Blizzard. That automatically puts them on Blizzard's side. They're responsible for reporting a lot of posts that get people silenced and suspended, it's part of their jobs.

Therefore, by today's standards, they're the enemy. :)
11/14/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Sanshunter

Thank you for your supremely knowledgeable and helpful post!
MVPs have direct lines of contact with Blizzard community managers.
At no point did I inquire if greens were hired or paid by blizzard
11/14/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Astraela
They're volunteer community representatives for Blizzard. That automatically puts them on Blizzard's side. They're responsible for reporting a lot of posts that get people silenced and suspended, it's part of their jobs.

Therefore, by today's standards, they're the enemy. :)

Ahh .. yes. I remember what it was like to want to fight the system tooth and nail.
11/14/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Astraela
Can you be any more rude and condescending? Who the hell do you think you are?

It always find it ironic when people are rude and condescending towards the mvp by calling them rude and condescending. It's like, you're not doing anything better than you're accusing them of.
11/14/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Astraela
11/14/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Mirasol

What the OP wants is a list of every single word, topic, or action that can get you suspended or silenced so they can rules lawyer.

They have been linked to the policies many times and had folks willing to explain the basics of civil conduct to them many times.

Forum CoC which goes into more detail about the sorts of things you should not do https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

If you read the thread, the OP admits they have an agenda and will keep making this exact same thread over and over.

People get tired of that. Just treat other players like you would any stranger you meet at a family friendly event. That also means avoiding hot social or political topics that cause arguments. That has been a social guideline for thousands of years. Say what you want to your friends, behave in public (forums, public chat channels in game).

God I wish I could silence you. You're so damn condescending it's making me angry.

Just go away, please. You're not helping anything. Go be condescending somewhere else.

I do not see the condescension - I thought it was helpful. Thanks for the info, Mirasol.
11/14/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Astraela
11/14/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Mirasol

God I wish I could silence you. You're so damn condescending it's making me angry.

Just go away, please. You're not helping anything. Go be condescending somewhere else.

Nothing the MVP's have said have been rude/condescending regarding this issue and I suspect most people will agree with me on that.
Since there is nothing to gain really by this thread I'm going to go ahead and lock it. As many people have already stated this has been explained the the OP numerous times.

For future note any questions on Customer Support should probably be made in the Customer Support forums where those lovely folks can give you answers.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011699/