PTR Marks Update 11/13

Hunter
Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 207% [ 248.4% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Replaces Cobra Shot. Requires Ranged Weapon. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 30 Focus. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

Piercing Shot A powerful shot which deals [ 112.5% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to the target and up to [ 45% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to all enemies between you and the target. Piercing Shot ignores the target's armor. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. 35 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Serpent Sting Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take [ 15% [ 16.5% of Attack Power ] Nature damage instantly and an additional [ 60% [ 66% of Attack Power ] Nature damage over 12 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. 10 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant.

Trick Shots When Multi-Shot hits 3 or more targets, your next Aimed Shot or Rapid Fire will ricochet and hit up to 5 additional targets for 40% 50% of normal damage. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec.
11/13/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Gunshy
Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 207% [ 248.4% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Replaces Cobra Shot. Requires Ranged Weapon. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 30 Focus. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

Piercing Shot A powerful shot which deals [ 112.5% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to the target and up to [ 45% of Attack Power ] Physical damage to all enemies between you and the target. Piercing Shot ignores the target's armor. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. 35 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Serpent Sting Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take [ 15% [ 16.5% of Attack Power ] Nature damage instantly and an additional [ 60% [ 66% of Attack Power ] Nature damage over 12 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 15 Talent. 10 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant.

Trick Shots When Multi-Shot hits 3 or more targets, your next Aimed Shot or Rapid Fire will ricochet and hit up to 5 additional targets for 40% 50% of normal damage. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec.

They also nerfed the Surging Shots(by 35%)and Unerring Vision(by 32%)Azurite traits.
So is MM done now??

I was afraid they would just do a numbers tuning and call it a day.
Replaces Cobra Shot.

Hold up.... what?
11/13/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Khimtorr
Replaces Cobra Shot.

Hold up.... what?

that's a low level thing
Playing around with it on PTR, this changes things a bit::

Aimed Shot feels worth using and even necessary in rotation again. Rapid fire isn’t a replacement now. You want to use both inside TS and out. It’s good in a way, but you’re back to being a turret. Rapid fire as a replacement outside TS left you much more mobile.

Surging shots is still strong, but you don’t feel as punished using something else.

Careful Aim feels more worthwhile now, but Explosive Shot still feels good. I could make an argument for either.

Trueshot was good, now it’s even better. The stronger Aimshot with a 1s cast time is gold. Trueshot in the Careful Aim windows is awesome.

Piercing Shot feels stronger, but the focus cost is very noticeable and it just doesn’t feel like it measures up to a reduction in TS cooldown. LnL feels very sub par now. It’s still difficult to pick the other two over Calling the Shots.

Multi-Shot -> Explosive Shot -> Aimed Shot -> Piercing Shot all combine to provide a really strong AE burst that mostly all hits at the same time. It’s fun but it takes like 4s to pull off. A lot can go wrong and you need a ton of focus to make it happen.

Serpent Sting is a little stronger, but it takes GCD’s away from Arcane Shot and Arcane Shot reduces the cooldown of much stronger abilities. AMOC is at least worth the GCD. Serpent Sting needs something more.
Wouldn't mind seeing LnL being made baseline, or bumped up to a 10% chance. Or every 5th Arcane shot procs LnL. Doesn't look like Aimed Shot is going to be castable while moving any time soon.

Piercing shot feels weak for a max tier talent. On my 355 hunter was a 9k non-crit on a 30s cooldown, and as you say - bit of a focus hog. Didn't it used to deal more damage when cast above 50 focus or something?

Good to see that Sniper Shot is now correctly doing 20% of health. Averages around 30k, doesn't look like it crits though. Awesome for a PvP opener!
I don't want to make my own thread, but for some of the higher exp. MM does this look like it will be viable in arenas?

Playing survival right now and its so trash compared to Legion version or the ranged in WOD. If its not I'm just gunna call it quits till next expac.
11/15/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Zûgz
I don't want to make my own thread, but for some of the higher exp. MM does this look like it will be viable in arenas?

Playing survival right now and its so trash compared to Legion version or the ranged in WOD. If its not I'm just gunna call it quits till next expac.

I'm very intersted in this also. I sure hope MM becomes arena viable. I'm sick of BM.