Launch day only happens once.

Classic Discussion
Tourists gonna tour.

#nosharding
Just say NO to sharding.

This is your game.....
Populated zones with groups doing quests because there are actually people to play with.

This is your game on sharding.....
Dead zones with no one in them because everyone is in a different shard. Sharding is like an addictive drug to a game producer; once they start they are not likely to stop.

Any questions?
11/13/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Härländ
Just say NO to sharding.

This is your game.....
Populated zones with groups doing quests because there are actually people to play with.

Dead zones with no one in them because everyone is in a different shard. Sharding is like an addictive drug to a game producer; once they start they are not likely to stop.

Any questions?

Can you do a rendition of my game on drugs?
I mean I'm not going to freak out about sharding and start a riot or anything.

But I have to agree that it just plain shouldn't be in the game. The best vanilla experience is served cold and ever so slightly melted. If I'm being perfectly honest I'd rather see the servers crash than see sharding. No, seriously. If the servers crash and have to reboot and I'm offline for 15 minutes I'd take that for the opportunity to experience the one time mass hordes of players on launch day.

It's a one time thing. Just let it happen.
11/13/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Velossena
11/13/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Härländ
Just say NO to sharding.

This is your game.....

Any questions?

Can you do a rendition of my game on drugs?

Sharding is a drug for Blizzard; they are addicted... =( it even makes me sad in BFA..
11/13/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Dealloc
The best vanilla experience is served cold and ever so slightly melted. If I'm being perfectly honest I'd rather see the servers crash than see sharding. No, seriously. If the servers crash and have to reboot and I'm offline for 15 minutes I'd take that for the opportunity to experience the one time mass hordes of players on launch day.

That's what I'm thinking. Servers crashing and rebooting every 15 minutes for a week is going to make memories, assuming Classic has any staying/holding power at all. People who are still playing Classic in 2028 will be all like "remember when they launched this thing? That was crazy and frustrating, but for some reason I miss those days..."
11/13/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Dealloc
I mean I'm not going to freak out about sharding and start a riot or anything.

But I have to agree that it just plain shouldn't be in the game. The best vanilla experience is served cold and ever so slightly melted. If I'm being perfectly honest I'd rather see the servers crash than see sharding. No, seriously. If the servers crash and have to reboot and I'm offline for 15 minutes I'd take that for the opportunity to experience the one time mass hordes of players on launch day.

It's a one time thing. Just let it happen.

Lol 15 minutes. How bout 15 minutes plus 3 hours In a queue? With lag! No thanks to that. I’d rather deal with sharding for a week or two.

But then, I plan on playing this game long term so I guess I can see why a tourist like you would want the vanilla experience for onlu the short term.
Thank god blizzard doesn't design by democracy and vocal opinions and instead can work out what is best for the game.

11/13/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Skrachee
I’d rather deal with sharding for a week or two.

+1
Too bad none of you highly intelligent individuals ever came to the conclusion that you could simply not play during the first week instead of ruining the entire game for the next 2-3 years.
If possible, we just need the option to choose between the two options. But I have no idea if it's possible or how hard it would be to set up. Let no sharding servers deal with whatever, and beginning sharding servers won't have anything to complain about themselves.

Options are always better, otherwise, they're going to alienate one of these groups.
Sharding?

Knew Blizz couldn't be trusted not to f things up.
Lol 15 minutes. How bout 15 minutes plus 3 hours In a queue? With lag! No thanks to that. I’d rather deal with sharding for a week or two.

Well while your dealing with those 3 hour ques ill be in game playing.

11/13/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Vixia
Options are always better, otherwise, they're going to alienate one of these groups.

"You think you want options, but you don't." Guy got promoted didn't he?

Well sharding affects pvp and roleplay servers which are pretty much about people in the world, you can't have sharding on a pvp server because you will have so many miss opportunities.
Sharding takes everything that makes role play and pvp servers what they are and turns them into pve servers with horde vs the alliance faction conflict missing.

PvE servers can have sharding for a few weeks and not be affected by it as much.
This is your game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhlVD-tHI

This is your game on sharding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWs_GGU3VpA

Any questions?
11/13/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Livinshadow
Well sharding affects pvp and roleplay servers which are pretty much about people in the world, you can't have sharding on a pvp server because you will have so many miss opportunities.Sharding takes everything that makes role play and pvp servers what they are and turns them into pve servers with horde vs the alliance faction conflict missing.PvE servers can have sharding for a few weeks and not be affected by it as much.

This. I don't like wpvp, but if my choice was roll on a pvp server and sharding. I would roll on the pvp server and enjoy it.
Sharding isn't a fix for tourists anyways. Sharding would only be needed if they got with mega servers. CRZ is what would be needed to fix tourism.

Both are cancer.
But then, I plan on playing this game long term so I guess I can see why a tourist like you would want the vanilla experience for onlu the short term.

That's awfully presumptuous of you. Perhaps you should remove the object lodged in your body cavity.

I plan on playing classic for at least half a decade, sugar muffin.
Scrubs gonna scub
#don'twantnoscrubs
Sharding during the launch window is acceptable.

It's coming.

Get over it.

Don't like it, don't play. Another will take your place.
I agree. Don’t put in sharding. Players who don’t want to deal with a few days of crowded zones and login queues can always wait a week or so before logging in.
11/14/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Faceroll
I agree. Don’t put in sharding. Players who don’t want to deal with a few days of crowded zones and login queues can always wait a week or so before logging in.
and during that week or so, their sub money will be partially wasted... which means that they'll probably go that much longer before they get bored of the game and quit subbing

they shouldn't have temporary sharding