Question about Forsaken Elf

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
A friend just came back to the game (yay!) and we wanted to RP on Horde for a bit, and the idea was pitched to RP Sin'dorei who had been raised in undeath (Kind of like Dark Rangers)

Is that possible? Being Forsaken but using a different model?
11/13/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Sunwhisper
A friend just came back to the game (yay!) and we wanted to RP on Horde for a bit, and the idea was pitched to RP Sin'dorei who had been raised in undeath (Kind of like Dark Rangers)

"Would a Bloodelf Death Knight be a close enough match? I think it would."
There are some who do that already. My only problems with it are subjective and overall personal.

In short, go wild.
People use the blood elf models and just have really dark and concealing mogs, or some use the Forsaken model and say they've really decayed to shīt. Your choice.
It's easiest to pull this off as a Death Knight. You can use the starter plate hood as a Dark Ranger style transmog. and just sell yourself as a melee oriented Ranger, especially if you play a two weapon spec "dark" elf.
Or.... and stay with me here... Play a Forsaken Hunter. Because you could just say you're an elf. Elves don't get special non-rotting powers. Only Sylvie's favorites get to have that.
11/13/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Sunwhisper
It is not possible. The Forsaken Model is the Forsaken Model. You won't have the Will of the Dead and you won't have Cannibalize. You will not be capable of going afk under water and not ending up with a visit to the Spirit Healer.

You *can* Role Play as a Forsaken using a prettier model. This is what I believe you desire. As far as that goes, go wild. Some people won't like it. Some people think all pretty Forsaken are trying to 'Mary Sue' their way along. Don't play with them.

I have a Belf Warlock which I choose to believe is an undead who predates the creation of the Forsaken. It doesn't come up in conversation, but my head cannon is my own. She can use Unending Breath to remain below water as long as I pay attention once every ten minutes. She uses drain soul to 'feed' herself. Game mechanics, that already gives her more 'forsaken' traits than any Death Knight that doesn't take Forsaken as their base race.

And then there's Romi here, who I choose to believe is a Gnome who was doing mind transfer experiments when the Forsaken plague hit. She still considers herself a Gnome. If they ever do allow for other models to be used for Forsaken, I will race change. Until then, she is my Gnome Forsaken.