Sharding Classic - Simple Solution

Classic Discussion
Half of the servers shard with eachother.

Purists can choose to roll on “No Sharding” servers.
Had the same thought - but there is no way they do this.
Or, how about this.

Currently BFA players get full access to Classic, but Classic players only get access up to legion on retail.

Instead, let Classic be purchased like BFA. Then have Classic continue to only give access up to legion in retail, but have BFA only give access to starting zones on a separate sharded Classic server. If they decide to buy Classic, they can transfer to an actual Classic server. Put a restriction on the transfer so that the character can't be transfered until 4-8 hours after created. This will prevent people trying to avoid crowded starting zones and then transfering after they get past the crowd. Shouldn't be an issue 4-8 hours after servers launch if they stick to vanilla caps. If they go with mega servers this restriction might need to be altered.

(Edit)As I have said before in other threads. Sharding is a server population issue, not a tourist issue.
Blizzard could have shared tagging for launch from 1-10 Instead of doing shards. But that'll wreck the experience I think. I prefer none but realistically I think shards might be better. Sharding for 2 weeks in starter zone ONLY will hurt nothing. Just pretend you're on the wandering isle making a panda waiting until 12 to socialize lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-v2GRYLKys
11/13/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Plewtoe
Blizzard could have shared tagging for launch from 1-10 Instead of doing shards. But that'll wreck the experience I think. I prefer none but realistically I think shards might be better. Sharding for 2 weeks in starter zone ONLY will hurt nothing. Just pretend you're on the wandering isle making a panda waiting until 12 to socialize lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-v2GRYLKys

What does shared tagging have to do with "millions of people creating characters and spawning all in the same spot"?

How is shared tagging going to help with all of those people logging in at the same time, all spawning at the same spot? That is why you claim sharding is being used, is it not?

Allow me to quote you:

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Once again, you choose to ignore the point.

What happens when all those people are standing in the same spot in the secondary zones of Westfall, Darkshore, Loch Modan, Silverpine Forest or the Barrens? What happens when the "bottleneck" moves from the starting areas to the secondary zones?

Should Blizzard shard those secondary areas also to cater to those who have an instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset and who cannot handle competition?

If you say "yes, they should shard those secondary areas to alleviate competition and help ease, or clear, the new bottleneck", now you are extending the sharding beyond "only for a brief time and only in the starting areas" Where does the sharding stop?

If you say "no, let players learn to live with competition", then why do we need sharding in the starting areas? Shouldn't players be able to learn to live with competition in those areas, also?

No they shouldn't and they wont need too. They said at blizzcon it's the initial log in that's going to hurt them when millions are creating characters and spawning all in the same spot. ITS NOT ABOUT POPULATION. Get it through your thick skull m8

<span class="truncated">...</span>

The question was (I will paraphrase here) "what happens when all those players move from the starting zones into the secondary zones?".

You didn't answer that question.

They wont be all spawning in the same spot, They may get held up on a quest item that spawns on the ground but if you compare the entire game logging on at once making toons the same you're just not ever going to get it. Sit back and enjoy the sharding, Because it's going to happen.

Or is it really about people not wanting to have to compete for mobs, quest objects, resources, etc? If it's all about competition, then answer the question which has been asked several times and which you apparently choose to try to sidestep.

What happens when all those people are standing in the same spot in the secondary zones of Westfall, Darkshore, Loch Modan, Silverpine Forest or the Barrens? What happens when the "bottleneck" moves from the starting areas to the secondary zones?

Should Blizzard shard those secondary areas also to cater to those who have an instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset and who cannot handle competition?

If you say "yes, they should shard those secondary areas to alleviate competition and help ease, or clear, the new bottleneck", now you are extending the sharding beyond "only for a brief time and only in the starting areas" Where does the sharding stop?

If you say "no, let players learn to live with competition", then why do we need sharding in the starting areas? Shouldn't players be able to learn to live with competition in those areas, also?
Well only if they would, but would they even tell us what realms are sharded.

Millions of people aren't going to spawn in 1 spot unless they remove the cap and only have 1 up.
You don't even need to kill mobs in the starting zone to level up for the next.
The smart people who weren't the first people in the area would just run to the least populated area which tends to be tauren murgore or darneases, if there is no way to get beyond 10 groups trying to complete a quest or people who learn that doing a fetch quest that have rng spawn like collect set animal parts in which not all animals drop their body parts, is something a group should never do just skip by grinding.